From Kuching
Cat Exhibition
Venue: Waterfront
Date: April 15
Time: 10am
-------------------------

300 cats out to set Malaysian record
By Puvaneswary Devindran

KUCHING: Cat lovers should come to the Kuching Waterfront at 10 am on April 15 to witness the largest ever live cat gathering at the Cat Exhibition to be held in Malaysia.

It is expected to draw around 300 cats, making the event a historical record-breaking feat in the Malaysia Book of Records.

“There is no such record as of yet so we are aiming to create one,” Kuching North City Commission (DBKU) deputy director Dr Saadiah Abdul Samat told a press conference at DBKU here yesterday.

She said so far organisers DBKU Cat Museum, Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (Fama), Cats FM and Sarawak Cat Club, had gathered around 100 entries for the cat competition which will be held a day before the exhibition.

These cats would also be included in the exhibition together with about 200 more to create the record, she said.

She said to set the record, they would need to gather more than 288 cats and hoped that members of the public would help them in this endeavour by bringing their cats or kittens to the exhibition.

Entry forms are available for free at the Cat Museum, DBKU Satok office, Fama and also The Pet Zone. Owners could also register their cats on the day of the exhibition but it must be done at least an hour before the exhibition begins at 10 am.

However, owners must ensure their cats are free of any diseases and ticks on the day of the gathering as four vets will be on hand to check all cats before they are allowed to join the gathering.

Registration and vetting starts from 7 am and any breeds are welcomed to be exhibited.

DBKU Datuk Bandar Hamid Yussof is expected to grace the exhibition.

Meanwhile, members of the public will get to see the winners of the International Cat Competition 2006 at the exhibition.

They are the fourth place winner for ‘The Best in Show’, the third place for ‘The Best Semi Long Hair’, the second place for ‘The Best Shorthair’, ‘The Best Companion’ and ‘The Best Non-Fife’.

The above events are part of the Tropical Ornamental Fishes and Pets 2007 Exposition that will take place at Kuching Waterfront from April 13 to 15.

Housing Minister Dato Sri Abang Johari Tun Openg is expected to open the expo where 70 booths will display ornamental fishes, pets, accessories and more.

Pet clinics, higher learning institutions, governmental agencies and departments, Kuching Museum, Semenggok Zoo and food stalls will be among the participants operating in the booths.

Other activities are the most beautiful ‘flower horn’ fish competition, story telling competition (about pets), cooking competition, guess-the number-of-fish game, colouring competition for children (seven to 10 years old), a fashion show for pets, guess-the-weight-of-your-pet competition and the most prettiest chicken contest.

The expo, which is to promote tropical ornamental fish and the pet industry, will feature a seminar on the potential and opportunities in the tropical ornamental fish and pet industries at the DBKU Auditorium from 8 am till 4.30 pm on April 14.

The seminar seeks to highlight the industry’s scenario and explore its opportunities and potentials besides enhancing networking between players.

Among those present at the press conference yesterday were Fama Sarawak director Paza Faizal Dan, Dr Huey Lee from the Lee Veterinary Hospital and Cats FM marketing executive Faizul Ibrahim.

Borneo Post

Posted on: 2007/4/12 11:36

Edited by webmaster on 2007/4/12 11:51:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Cats Exhibition at Waterfront 2007
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:
However, owners must ensure their cats are free of any diseases and ticks on the day of the gathering as four vets will be on hand to check all cats before they are allowed to join the gathering.

I guess that rules out placing a container of fish guts at the waterfront and waiting for all the stray cats from Carpenter Street to show up...

Posted on: 2007/4/12 11:49

Home away from home
From kuciang
i like the idea of going there to look-see2 but cats makes me - sneeze !

Posted on: 2007/4/12 21:53

Webmaster
From Kuching
I want to bring my dog over. lol
possibly ask my friend to bring over some rottweiler too.
*evil*

Posted on: 2007/4/12 22:17

Home away from home
From Kuching
LOl.... should bring my dog...he needs exercise and some entertainments. LOL.... Buahahahhahahaha *cackles*

Posted on: 2007/4/12 23:20

Home away from home
From miri
Grab some pictures if you can.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 11:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.