tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

New generation of kids in Kuching
Webmaster
From Kuching
I got to know that the kids these days age as young as 14 years old have been seen clubbing at the local pubs/bars in Kuching. Particularly Padungan travillion area.

Just a thought through my mind. They are probably still living on their parent's hard earned $$$. RM200++ is easily spent in one night. Furthermore, some are seen there few times a week.

I also got to know some kids who are still in college around age 20. Skip classes in college. Go clubbing at night. Wasting parent's money on their education.(are you one of those people?). I always thought anyone with that age can be more mature.

Is it me or this is just normal as a new generation of Kuching kids?
Could this be blame on the parents? Or social influence?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 10:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New generation of kids in Kuching
Home away from home
From miri
It is a well known fact that colleges are simply a daycare centers that parents send their children there that unburden the parents for that precious short amount of time.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 10:28

Edited by ian on 2007/4/13 10:45:59
Edited by ian on 2007/4/13 10:47:08

Webmaster
From Kuching
lol "daycare center"
thats a good way to describe it.

is it the same over in Miri?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 10:54

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
tsk tsk tsk... so good life kids nowadays. . . the parents never taught them the value of money. how many kids are we talking about here? 10 kids? 20 kids? so many rich kuching parent with lots of money & no time to spent?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 12:19

Webmaster
From Kuching
Fuhya, try goingt one of the clubbing places in kuching.
u can see some kids who are obviously teenagers. Some even smoke. (ok la. some of the my generation ppl also do that at the back of the school lar. lol.. but that time cigarette were cheap compare to what we have now.)

In a way, its sad to see all these lar. They should get involve in more healthy activities or events. Music, Sports, PS2. lol

Posted on: 2007/4/13 12:41

Just popping in
Helo everyone, im 19, goin to 20. let's hear stg from me.. i used to frequent clubs too! its jz bcoz there, we meet lots of frens our age, n tat, there are hot gals to "wash eyes"!

regarding the smoking tingy, i don smoke, n i, also like you all, don understand WHY tey smoke. i askd alot of ppl, tey told me, its bcoz stress, pressure, sum were "social smoker" (tey tink its COOL) but eventually turned soker themselves... they kno that smoking is their biggest spending, yet, tey cant control tat. well, wad i got to know is tat, in order for tem to quit smoking, well, at least little by little, is their girlfriend's control. reli, tat reli works la! LOL..
and gosh, i seriously don like ppl smoking n blowing their second hand smoke at me!

and also the liquor purchasing power, from wad i learnt, most of the big spenders are working or at least 20 years plus. usualy, tey'll share the price together. so, tey're not spending rm200 per nite/person, no worries! and, alot are there only to wander around, shuffling around, oogling at gals elder than tem, and also to be part of the party scene. and also, the ratio of those who are under 16 years old, is quite small i can say...

Posted on: 2007/4/13 13:30

Home away from home
From Kuching
Sighs... this kids are so immature... they don think properly do they?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 15:32

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
You guys sound like parents

Posted on: 2007/4/13 15:38

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
You guys sound like parents

scary to see kids to be brought up this way eh?
parents don't hang out at those places so they will never see what their children are exposed to.

Why benefit you get from shuffling and clubbing all night long at almost every week. With the money and time spent, you could put into studies and other self development.

Some kids are financially unfortunate and they make the most the most out of the money they could get. While working in KL last time, I met a friend from Johor who work his ass off to pay for his degree programme. He graduated from degree at the age of 28. he fully covered his own expenses without any financial assistance. That is someone to look up to.

I come back to Kuching and see how children spend money. Life seems to be very good. All fun and no work.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 15:47

Home away from home
From Sarawak
Modern youth are having easy and comfortable life, so they don't realize and experinece the hard time as those youth is the past. They spent money like nothing.

My father told me that, in their youth days, their parent are poor. They went to school with only 20 sen given by their parent. That is all! They have to tap rubber before going to school. They went to school on foot. They spent money wisely.

But today kids go to school with at least RM2- RM5, some even more given by their rich parent. They never suffer the hard days as those in the past. They goes to school by car. They have all the luxurious things....So when they are well off, they go to pub, smoking. and etc...they dont value money...finish spending their money, ask for some more from parent.....

Posted on: 2007/4/13 16:03

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.