tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Recommendations..
Just popping in
hie Guys,
Am planning to get a digital camera about RM1000. Any recommendations?? I want either Panasonic,Cannon or Casio. More towards Panasonic andCannon not really keen on casio,would be my last resolution. I want OIS,anti-shake and about 7 mega pixel. Also i want a slim line and also rechargeable battery. Thanks guys!

Posted on: 2007/5/24 8:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Recommendations..
Just popping in
y not consider Olympus FE230: 7.1MP, DIS (digital image stabilizer), 2.5" LCD, slim metal body and priced RM899, now promotion got free 1gb xd Card.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 11:55

Just popping in
Quote:

shijiyu wrote:
y not consider Olympus FE230: 7.1MP, DIS (digital image stabilizer), 2.5" LCD, slim metal body and priced RM899, now promotion got free 1gb xd Card.

Hie,
how long wld d promotion be? Am overseas planning to get it when my friend goes back in July.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 13:30

Just popping in
for what i know the promotion will last til 2nd of June. But i believe some of the photo shops here will continue on the promotion. coz for what i noticed before the olympus starts its promotional advertisements, some of the shops in kch already had it.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 8:59

Home away from home
From canada
The FE230 is a sluggish performer, even the battery is poor. DIS is a gimmic. All it does is increase shutter speed thereby increasing ISO as well. You'll end up with noisy images. Using 'kids & pets' scene mode helps better. All you need is a pair of steady hands.

Slim cameras feel good, but you'll be sacrificing the more important aspects of good fotography. Canon is always a better choice. Their A-series are excellent all round, albeit somewhat bulkier, but the images are amazing. Be wary of their ELPH series.....poor red-eye reduction, because the flash is very close to the lens.

RM899 is hefty. It costs only C200 here. It's basically a beginner's toy!

Posted on: 2007/5/25 11:31

Home away from home
From Australia
no matter what, I would stay a mile away from the Olympus.

Stupid XD card.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 12:58

Home away from home
From miri
Olympus is pretty good for the casual user.

As for propriety memory cards - same goes to Sony. But then again, if the card stays in the camera, what's the difference?

Posted on: 2007/5/25 13:06

Just popping in
why xd card is poorer? is it because it cun accomodate to other devices?

i heard some comments of canon's cameras whereby the ccd is very easily get faulty and sony's cameras accessories are differ from each of its models (cun use the accessories simultaneously in between sony's cam). how true is it?

em.. im not discriminating any brands of the cameras nor being offensive to anyone who pressed their comment here. jus basically like to know more about the cameras gadgets. :)

Posted on: 2007/5/25 13:50

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
My 2 cents:

If you're a casual user looking for slim cameras at an affordable price, I don't think Olympus is anything wrong. Their pictures come out pretty decent. Same can be said for Fujifilm as well. I personally think Fujifilm cameras are good value.

If you're looking for really good quality pictures, Canon and Sony are the way to go. Nikon is good too. They have slim models also. But their prices tend to be higher.

I'm a casual user and I've tried all 5 brands at diff points in my life. My fav is Canon and Sony.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:00

Home away from home
From miri
Well, bottom line, go with what you like most or require, as most cameras are pretty good for casual users whose requirements are something like bluebellz's.

I recommended Olympus's because it's pretty much idiot proof for casual users. You can't imagine how many casual users will shoot images in the dark with auto and no flash and resulting in unusable images I've come across. Some models compensate for klumsy users who keep dropping their cameras on rocks or into the water. The features provided therefore, compensate for this.

The rest are all pretty much nitpicking. They all do the job nicely. (Unless you get one of them cheap weird-sounding brand cameras)

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:07

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]