Here's a review for the Olympus FE-230.

Review

Hope that helps in making ur decision

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Recommendations..
Webmaster
From Kuching
Nikon ! Nikon ! Nikon ! Nikon ! Nikon ! Nikon ! Nikon ! Nikon !

Custom storage cards other than SDcard and CFcard is raher annoying. Olympus - XD , Sony - Memory stick duo.

both those brand uses their custom storage card. and its NOT CHEAP. Due to that, this is why I never go for anything that uses "everything custom"

Sdcard is affordable and there are many alternative 3rd party brands. whereby Nikon and Canon supports both of those cards. they dun use shitty custom storage card. (oh yes. i am discriminating other brands and thats just my 40cents)

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:08

Home away from home
From miri
Personally, I'd prefer Nikon's products, but I've found that Cnet's reviews tend to be flaky and unreliable.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:17

Home away from home
From miri
Quote:

webmaster wrote:

Sdcard is affordable and there are many alternative 3rd party brands.

Just so you'd know - some of those more affordable CF cards are pretty low grade ones and slow - with some even imitation brands. The higher grade original cards cost much more, and do perform faster.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:36

Just can't stay away
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
My 2 cents:

If you're a casual user looking for slim cameras at an affordable price, I don't think Olympus is anything wrong. Their pictures come out pretty decent. Same can be said for Fujifilm as well. I personally think Fujifilm cameras are good value.

If you're looking for really good quality pictures, Canon and Sony are the way to go. Nikon is good too. They have slim models also. But their prices tend to be higher.

I'm a casual user and I've tried all 5 brands at diff points in my life. My fav is Canon and Sony.

Ya. I'm currently using Sony Cyber-shot W1. Bought it in 2005. I'm really satisfied with the pictures captured by this camera

The downside is this cam is really bulky. But back in 2005 every digicam was bulky rite?

Regarding memory stick, I bought a 2G MS Pro Duo in Shanghai for only RM97. Ya ya I know it's a fake (the sales girl told me it's a "water set". LOL!). You can't get original MS Pro Duo with that kind of price. But I still bought it anyway because it's not possible to get this price back in Malaysia (eventhough they are selling the fake one) So far no problem encountered.
BTW, what are the disadvantages of buying "water set" memory card? Will it affect the quality of photos?

Posted on: 2007/5/25 15:43

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

Just so you'd know - some of those more affordable CF cards are pretty low grade ones and slow - with some even imitation brands. The higher grade original cards cost much more, and do perform faster.

3rd party brands like Kingston and Apacer or Sandisk are pretty much reliable. I bought one 2gb 60x Apacer for RM90 , 2 months ago. as far as how i use it, its very good which goes with my Nikon SLR.

Real or not, if they provide 3 years or lifetime warranty (kingston) hell yea. i'll get it if its cheap.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 17:33

Home away from home
From miri
btw, the FE230 is listed at RM 699 (non promotional pricing), not 899

Posted on: 2007/5/25 23:51

Just popping in
ian, where did u find the FE230 listed RM699 in the town? i read the newspaper got Olympus promotion, is listed at RM899 free 1gb?

Posted on: 2007/5/28 9:11

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

ian wrote:
Quote:

webmaster wrote:

Sdcard is affordable and there are many alternative 3rd party brands.

It cost more but still won't exceeds the price of the XD card!!

I bought the Sandisk Ultra II which is like 123456789X speed and is so much bloody skin ripping faster than the XD for less the price of XD cards.

And on top of that, SD cards are always on sale due to their popular demand.

Sony's memory stick duo top it off as the silliest and most expensive memory card in the market.

And if I recalled correctly, Sandisk Ultra is coming up with version III? that is like ZOMG beat all memory cards in the market.

XD- FTL
Sony Memory Stick Duo - FTL

SD - FTW
CF - FTW

Posted on: 2007/5/28 9:31

Home away from home
From Australia
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
Quote:

3rd party brands like Kingston and Apacer or Sandisk are pretty much reliable. I bought one 2gb 60x Apacer for RM90 , 2 months ago. as far as how i use it, its very good which goes with my Nikon SLR.

Real or not, if they provide 3 years or lifetime warranty (kingston) hell yea. i'll get it if its cheap.

Kingston - lifetime warranty
They are cheap, affordable and reliable, although not as fast.

Sandisk Ultra FTW

Posted on: 2007/5/28 9:32

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.