tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 44 45 46 (47)

Re: Dewan Undangan Negeri
Home away from home
From Terra
Yes indeed, simplicity is key, ostentatiousness really just screams 'Ashbagat, Turkmenistan.' Would you travel for miles just to see the Prime Minister's Office in Putrajaya, the 'Bird's Nest' or Canberra's Parliament House?

Architecture provides an outlet for creativity and an expression of one's belief and desires. At the same time, architecture is very subjective. Buildings that generate controversy tend to be the ones that attract the most attention. From cost (Guggenheim Bilbao) to design (Melbourne's Meter Ruler a.k.a. Eureka Tower), it does somehow put a city on the map, for better (Valencia) or worse (Ashbagat).

Of course, we can never please everyone. There will always be voices of dissent here and there, and it is a basic right for us to disagree and voice out our opinions within reason, but not to go to the length of wild accusations and insults.

To criticize shows a level of care. If you want the best for something, you normally take a keen interest and kindly point out any mistakes. To be 'patriotic' and 'loving our State' does not mean we must fawn whenever an ostentatious building pops out, or support every venture which would suck more resources than it would give back in return.

On a lighter note, all great architecture usually has a nickname. I'm happy calling the new DUN the 'Umbrella' or (my new favourite) the 'UFO.' The Sydney Harbour Bridge is known as 'The Coathanger,' the Swiss Re building in London is known as 'The Gherkhin' (pickled cucumber) and of course, The Esplanade Singapore as 'The Durians.' It shows affection, in an off-handed way, not (entirely) an insult.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 17:58

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

kiko wrote:

building the DUN can help to boost our tourism sector..even though i didnt supprt any political party, im still happy with how our current gov govern us..

Mind you explain how tourism bloom at this point?

Posted on: 2009/8/5 18:43

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From sarawak
state assistant tourism minister has asked our local agent to include DUN as part of their tour tentative..its something like putrajaya when its 1st open and even untill nw still attract tourist..millions of RM has been used to uplifted the orchid garden which houses more than 60000 orchids next to the DUN building..go there and have a visit..

tis buildings including BCCK is part of our state gov effort to lure more tourist besides approve more hotels and complex.. btw, mind to share how's ur initiative to spurs our tourism industry?? it will be great if the ideas can be share here whch indirectly help to strengthen tourism sector in kuching..

Posted on: 2009/8/6 1:22

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

Pyro wrote:
For me, simple. The new DUN will look better if it was not there at all. Use the old DUN which is still fine and use the hundreds of millions for better purposes that actually benefit the people of Sarawak.
Thank You brthr(or sstr) i buy you a cup of kopi & toasts for that(i really mean it,PM me your contact).yeah,the new DUN is quite "impressive"- truly,sincerely & no-doubt-about-it ,adding another structure to Kuching's city.the tourist arriving here might/may have another picture to snap,that's all & nothing really more than that.down to the core,who really3 benefits?no,...not you or me.this project is what i or some of us called - "bo pian" or "mo pian,shit ah pian".if you're not Hokkien or Hakka ,you may not know what im toking about.a simple eg.,beutifying or ugrading the waterfront is one of the correct usage of our Sarawak's coffers

Posted on: 2009/8/6 10:43

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

kiko wrote:
state assistant tourism minister has asked our local agent to include DUN as part of their tour tentative..its something like putrajaya when its 1st open and even untill nw still attract tourist..millions of RM has been used to uplifted the orchid garden which houses more than 60000 orchids next to the DUN building..go there and have a visit..

tis buildings including BCCK is part of our state gov effort to lure more tourist besides approve more hotels and complex.. btw, mind to share how's ur initiative to spurs our tourism industry?? it will be great if the ideas can be share here whch indirectly help to strengthen tourism sector in kuching..

Okay.... we'll see how it goes then. my notion is limited here for being out of the state for quite some times :P

For me, the mandate counts only if people's voice were heard but in fact, not.

Cheers~

Posted on: 2009/8/6 10:45

Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:
Thank You brthr(or sstr) i buy you a cup of kopi & toasts for that(i really mean it,PM me your contact).yeah,the new DUN is quite "impressive"- truly,sincerely & no-doubt-about-it ,adding another structure to Kuching's city.the tourist arriving here might/may have another picture to snap,that's all & nothing really more than that.down to the core,who really3 benefits?no,...not you or me.this project is what i or some of us called - "bo pian" or "mo pian,shit ah pian".if you're not Hokkien or Hakka ,you may not know what im toking about.a simple eg.,beutifying or ugrading the waterfront is one of the correct usage of our Sarawak's coffers

Buy me another one please! I need to cool down / warm up. Further elaborations would rage unintended poppers..

Posted on: 2009/8/6 10:49

Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

bytez wrote:
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:

Buy me another one please! I need to cool down / warm up. Further elaborations would rage unintended poppers..
..ya ho,you're right .bushfire everywhere,add some more fuel - inferno nanti

Posted on: 2009/8/6 10:53

« 1 ... 44 45 46 (47)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.