tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Problem with the Immigration
Webmaster
From Kuching
Summary of this news article.

Two australians were interested in migrating to Sarawak.
They bought a house which cost RM350,000
But the local immigration became a obstacle for them

My comment, the people in the immigration work like machine, without superior's input, they won;t function properly. They are do what they are programmed to. Anything beyond that will not work. So another silly case, another hole to be dug by the opposition party. Read the news on how DAP Violet Yong commented on the case.

------------------------------

Where did we go wrong?

The govt tries its best to attract foreign investment, yet this couple already here is not getting the right treatment

KUCHING: An Australian couple is abandoning their dream of living in Sarawak because of the ‘treatment’ they received from the Immigration Department.

Spencer John Hickey Wray and his wife Anne Lesley Wray had purchased a house here, coming to the State under the Sarawak Property Programme which gave them a year’s social visit pass in 2005.

However, their joy ended all because they have purchased a new semi-detached house at Tabuan Desa Utara. Their unexpected ‘treatment’ occurred when they requested for extension of their one year social visit pass, and that was when they were told to reapply for the Sarawak Property Programme. The need for reapplication was because they had purchased a new house.

Reapplication, however, was not easy because they must furnish all necessary documents. Unfortunately for the couple, they could not come up with the Quit Rent Book.

According to Wray, the developer had informed him that the Quit Rent Book for the new property was not yet available.

“We have furnished more than definitive proof that we are indeed the owners of our new home, but we cannot produce a Quit Rent Book for the simple reason that this particular document does not yet exists, and indeed will not exist for some time to come,” he told reporters here yesterday.

Wray said because of this, he and his wife had to continuously come back month after month to get their limited social visit pass - valid only for a month- which was quite bothersome. They claimed to have visited the department for 26 times already up till June.

It also did not help that their request to have the pass stamped on the passport - instead of a sticker - was turned down.

Wray reasoned that a stamp would be so much better given that the sticker took up one whole page of the passport and that his passport cost him AUE600.

The couple said they were also saddened that throughout the process, the Immigration Department had not explained to them the full procedure neither were they given any handbook on the programme.

The Wrays also felt that since the programme was open to foreigners, it would serve better if there would be an English version of the application forms so that foreigners like him would get first hand information.

“Even the interview was conducted in Bahasa Malaysia. The officers were talking to our sponsor and I was literally ignored during the interview. I not only found this insulting but unbelievably offensive,” claimed Anne Wray.

Full News from Borneo Post

Posted on: 2007/6/13 14:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Problem with the Immigration
Home away from home
From miri
Disgusting news. Stupid, stupid incompetent people.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 14:34

Webmaster
From Kuching
i'll second that !

Posted on: 2007/6/13 14:41

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Do we have a 'third on'? I'll give that...
>_<

Surprised though cos I din knoe we can let foreigners buy landed property. Poor aussie uncle n aunty... If we were to migrate to Aus, i'm sure it's not tat difficult...

Posted on: 2007/6/13 14:49

Webmaster
From Kuching
I am sure you been to the immigration. you know how those people work. very typical like most "you know" office.

there is no such thing as "hmm this case, perhaps I'll ask my superior for further look" or "oh these couple came here many times to Sarawak, I will try my best to guide them through"

They brain process like machine.
"invalid input, please supply document A, B, C, E"
"input error, unable to process. - stamped REJECT, please try again".

lol you get what i mean.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:07

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
I am sure you been to the immigration. you know how those people work. very typical like most "you know" office.

there is no such thing as "hmm this case, perhaps I'll ask my superior for further look" or "oh these couple came here many times to Sarawak, I will try my best to guide them through"

They brain process like machine.
"invalid input, please supply document A, B, C, E"
"input error, unable to process. - stamped REJECT, please try again".

lol you get what i mean.

Itu Jack Neo saw sikit sikit problem in Singapore oredi come up wid d <Juz Follow Law>, if he lives in malaysia, sure he died of vomitting blood...

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:14

Home away from home
From Kuching
That is one disgustin news... I hope they choke they get fired bunch of incompetent robots...heck robots are way better than those bunch if incompetent goons. *scoffs*

They should be sacked fired, find people who are more competent.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:21

Home away from home
From Australia
Is it only me or does everyone else here feels that those government officers are one grumpy arse losers?

Everytime I visit them, they are either grumpy or pissed off at god knows what?

They shout at you and talk to you in a way that make you feel like an idiot, as if it is your fault that make them have to work?

The only officers that are nice in government offices are x employees, seriously.

Well, I guess, 'fasting' doesn't help.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 9:56

Edited by webmaster on 2007/6/15 10:26:19

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

edgar wrote:
Is it only me or does everyone else here feels that those government officers are one grumpy arse losers?

Everytime I visit them, they are either grumpy or pissed off at god knows what?

They shout at you and talk to you in a way that make you feel like an idiot, as if it is your fault that make them have to work?

The only officers that are nice in government offices are X employees, seriously.

Well, I guess, 'fasting' doesn't help.

Dun point directly at certain race mate. just say it as a "you know I know" clue. dun have to say it. most people would know it already.

Well just say that most of them doesn't qualitfies to work there. they dun posses the right qualification. they are being hired because "you know why" and that is a case well understood by all.

Even if they are not capable , their supervisors shud be someone knowledgable and able to manage to prevent such case from happening. Those staff ought to be sent for proper customer service training.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 10:25

Home away from home
From canada
Unfortunately the Sarawak Property Programme may be meant more for returnees like Edgar (assuming you're Aussie citizen) rather than Ang Kaus, who may just not be their 'cup of teh'! This bunch of immigration dept retarded slobs may very well be absolute white-haters, but in all probability, are simply 'meat-head' with intelligence tending to zero!

Or maybe someone in there with authority has really been flexing his muscles!

Posted on: 2007/6/15 10:26

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.