teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Problem with the Immigration
Home away from home
From miri
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
Dun point directly at certain race mate. just say it as a "you know I know" clue. dun have to say it. most people would know it already.

Well just say that most of them doesn't qualitfies to work there. they dun posses the right qualification. they are being hired because "you know why" and that is a case well understood by all.

Even if they are not capable , their supervisors shud be someone knowledgable and able to manage to prevent such case from happening. Those staff ought to be sent for proper customer service training.

I totally agree. By pointing out this, you're making yourself racist. It's all well known that a lot of the people working in government offices are incompetent, because the main problem is that they don't hire competent ones at all. It doesn't matter what racial background they are from.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 10:36

Home away from home
From Australia
call me a racist but I wouldn't if I am treated as equally as the other colours :D

That is a fair call, but sadly, and this time quoting 'you know I know', are allowed to hold employment status at government offices.

You cannot even ask a question, or you will be treated as if, 'you should know it'. I was being treated equally bad before I came to Australia, while renewing my passport, and for that, I never wish to come back anymore, and decided to extend my passport expiry date to as long as possible.

I guess by the time it expires, I might just throw them away, because I cannot see the point of being treated at such way. Ian, it doesn't matter if you accept the fact or not, racial background does matter in Malaysia, regardless, speaking of personal experiences.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 11:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From miri
The problem I always encounter with these types of conversations is that people always think I 'can't accept the fact'.

Putting that aside, we all know this. It's super obvious. However, I do have plenty of good friends of said race and they are plenty hardworking people.

It's this fact that is always left out, and it will be unfair to blame all of them just because of race. The root of all this is politics. If you're going to be blaming someone, it's all about the %@# politics.

So you're racist because others are racist to you, two wrongs will never make a right. (Only three lefts will do so)

Posted on: 2007/6/15 11:51

Home away from home
From Kitty City
I think it is still fortunate that the 'u-know-i-know' kinda preferences mostly exist in government or government-related sectors, while private sectors are still ok right?

If we don't have the alternative of migrating (hey, I love Kuching!), and if we cannot overturn current parties holding the office, and worse still, we don't even have an alternative party OK enough to entrust them the office, well... guess there's nothing much we could do eh?

Politics in Malaysia is imbalanced, either too politically cunning, or too politically naive...

Posted on: 2007/6/15 12:00

Just can't stay away
Quote:

maozi wrote:
Do we have a 'third on'? I'll give that...
>_<

Surprised though cos I din knoe we can let foreigners buy landed property. Poor aussie uncle n aunty... If we were to migrate to Aus, i'm sure it's not tat difficult...

If a Malaysian Citizen but Australian PR buy a house in Australia, the government give you $7,000 to help you with your fund to purchase the first house. Australia is a immigrant country that they do not worry of outside talent to come in and rob their job. In fact, they welcome skilled and rich migrants because their skills and wealth will help to build a better and more successful Australia. Furthermore equality and merit are practised here and I did not notice any discrimination in this country and I strongly recommend this country for anyone seeking for a predictable future.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 12:05

Webmaster
From Kuching
Malaysia does the opposite thing.
They shoo shoo you away and hope you don't steal their high pay job. well you can't get it anyway.

Then when you succeed in another country. Malaysia goes "oh Malaysia Boleh ! Malaysia Overseas create breakthough history". They will claim all the credit as you're a Malaysian. But you succeeded in another country cause your own country never appreaciate your existence while you were still in Malaysia.

thats a fact and you know she know i know it knows eberybali knows.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 14:53

Just can't stay away
I personally had a very unpleasant experience in the Immigration Department Kuching today.

I was there to renew my passport and according to the Immigration official website, students applying for passports to study in foreign countries only need to pay RM150 (instead of RM300) upon producing the offer letter from the University.

I brought along the offer letter from NUS (National University of Singapore) and asked whether I can get half price or not for the renewal fee. They said the letter of offer is not enough to proof that I'll be studying there, and therefore I need the deposit receipt which proves that I will definitely be studying there.

Duh. I had to explain painstakingly to the officers that NUS DOES NOT require their students to pay the deposit to secure a seat in their University. I even showed them the freshmen guide from NUS, pointed that there's NO such rule as paying deposit stated in the guide.

And I was brought to see their boss. Again, I've to explain painstakingly to their boss that NUS is different from other universities because they don't require students to pay deposits but she also didn't buy it. Instead, she suggested that I pay the normal price, which is RM300. I can sensed that she was very very impatient during that time because it was nearly 5pm then. I asked her to call the Putrajaya office because I've got friends in West Malaysia who applied passport with student rate, and yes, during the time they applied they only showed the offer letter from NUS (I told her this but she just didn't want to listen!). But she didn't do so. Apparently, she was not interested to clarify this. All she wanted to do was to get me out from her office and pay the normal fee and off she can go back home goyang kaki. Is this the kind of attitude they should have?

My blood was boiling at that moment and I told her I AM NOT going to pay the normal RM300 because clearly I deserve to pay with student rate. I told her I'll go back on Monday to settle this. Not that I'm stingy but I'm just protecting my right! On Monday I'll force her to call her boss in Putrajaya and I want to talk to the officer personally. If I still can't get what I want, I'm thinking of seeking help from DAP representatives. They should know I'm not kidding on this matter.

What a shame we have this kind of people in the immigration department!

Posted on: 2007/6/15 18:59

Home away from home
From canada
What a BITCH, you've got to admit!

Posted on: 2007/6/15 23:04

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
i think you have to act like you will be earning singapoire money and putting 25% into their pocket. then they will give you kickback on services & tax.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 23:16

Webmaster
From Kuching
they can't think out of the box. like i said earlier. their brain process like machine. one missing input will produce error message.

davinci, try making them think.
ask her "why?" .. and "why?" .. and "why?"
then "says who? "I want to see the documented application requirements for the students" Where does it says that it have to show the deposit payment and etc etc.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 23:34

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.