teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Problem with the Immigration
Home away from home
From Kitty City
Quote:

DaVinci wrote:
I personally had a very unpleasant experience in the Immigration Department Kuching today.

I was there to renew my passport and according to the Immigration official website, students applying for passports to study in foreign countries only need to pay RM150 (instead of RM300) upon producing the offer letter from the University.

I brought along the offer letter from NUS (National University of Singapore) and asked whether I can get half price or not for the renewal fee. They said the letter of offer is not enough to proof that I'll be studying there, and therefore I need the deposit receipt which proves that I will definitely be studying there.

Duh. I had to explain painstakingly to the officers that NUS DOES NOT require their students to pay the deposit to secure a seat in their University. I even showed them the freshmen guide from NUS, pointed that there's NO such rule as paying deposit stated in the guide.

And I was brought to see their boss. Again, I've to explain painstakingly to their boss that NUS is different from other universities because they don't require students to pay deposits but she also didn't buy it. Instead, she suggested that I pay the normal price, which is RM300. I can sensed that she was very very impatient during that time because it was nearly 5pm then. I asked her to call the Putrajaya office because I've got friends in West Malaysia who applied passport with student rate, and yes, during the time they applied they only showed the offer letter from NUS (I told her this but she just didn't want to listen!). But she didn't do so. Apparently, she was not interested to clarify this. All she wanted to do was to get me out from her office and pay the normal fee and off she can go back home goyang kaki. Is this the kind of attitude they should have?

My blood was boiling at that moment and I told her I AM NOT going to pay the normal RM300 because clearly I deserve to pay with student rate. I told her I'll go back on Monday to settle this. Not that I'm stingy but I'm just protecting my right! On Monday I'll force her to call her boss in Putrajaya and I want to talk to the officer personally. If I still can't get what I want, I'm thinking of seeking help from DAP representatives. They should know I'm not kidding on this matter.

What a shame we have this kind of people in the immigration department!

Tat reminds me of Jack Neo's movie "Just Follow Law" where d stupiak secretary told Fann Wong about switching on air-con in office during OT need 'write in, takes 3 days to process', hah~

D lady wanted to go home yea, but she's also scared of taking responsibility for letting u loose without following fully d 'standard procedure'. Are u talking to the highest-ranking dude?

Be sure to update us on Monday ya... and... wish u luck... U'll need it when dealing in any government departments... sigh...

Posted on: 2007/6/16 7:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From miri
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
i think you have to act like you will be earning singapoire money and putting 25% into their pocket. then they will give you kickback on services

That's what I'd thought. This is after all, their culture.

Posted on: 2007/6/16 12:11

Edited by webmaster on 2007/6/16 15:07:07

Home away from home
From miri
Webmaster help correct stupid quoting mistake below thanks. I can no longer edit it.

Posted on: 2007/6/16 13:38

Quite a regular
I do agree that racism still exists in Malaysia. It doesn't matter u know i know or other races because it has been the norm for human beings to be comfortable with their own race. This thing happens everywhere around the world, United States (Black and Whites), Canada (though whites, some are English speaking and some are French speaking), Lebanon (They are Arabs of the same roots but some are muslims and some are Christians). I do hope that such sentiments are not being raised in this forum. Yes, some services provided by the government are indeed below par including their undertrained staffs and their absurd culture of not knowing their job is being paid for and their total ignorance of not respecting others and we have all the rights to complaint but i do believe that pointing out a particular race is not a good thing as it does not reflect the nature of a good and decent human being as we are all created equal.

Posted on: 2007/6/16 14:53

Webmaster
From Kuching
I believe since the 20th century, human have not been created equal. Everyone have different abilities, capabilities, talents, thinking and all that. Even physically, everyone is not created equal. Some people works like a dumb terminal and have no processing power of their own. They need to be supervise and work by the step by step guide book.

Anyway, yes i agree, please stop the race pointing. just keep the racial thoughts to yourself. and back to the freakin topic. Problem with Immigration in Kuching / Sarawak !

Warning: the next post that speaks of racial issue will be deleted without notification.

Posted on: 2007/6/16 15:15

Just can't stay away
Quote:

maozi wrote:
Quote:

DaVinci wrote:
I personally had a very unpleasant experience in the Immigration Department Kuching today.

I was there to renew my passport and according to the Immigration official website, students applying for passports to study in foreign countries only need to pay RM150 (instead of RM300) upon producing the offer letter from the University.

I brought along the offer letter from NUS (National University of Singapore) and asked whether I can get half price or not for the renewal fee. They said the letter of offer is not enough to proof that I'll be studying there, and therefore I need the deposit receipt which proves that I will definitely be studying there.

Duh. I had to explain painstakingly to the officers that NUS DOES NOT require their students to pay the deposit to secure a seat in their University. I even showed them the freshmen guide from NUS, pointed that there's NO such rule as paying deposit stated in the guide.

And I was brought to see their boss. Again, I've to explain painstakingly to their boss that NUS is different from other universities because they don't require students to pay deposits but she also didn't buy it. Instead, she suggested that I pay the normal price, which is RM300. I can sensed that she was very very impatient during that time because it was nearly 5pm then. I asked her to call the Putrajaya office because I've got friends in West Malaysia who applied passport with student rate, and yes, during the time they applied they only showed the offer letter from NUS (I told her this but she just didn't want to listen!). But she didn't do so. Apparently, she was not interested to clarify this. All she wanted to do was to get me out from her office and pay the normal fee and off she can go back home goyang kaki. Is this the kind of attitude they should have?

My blood was boiling at that moment and I told her I AM NOT going to pay the normal RM300 because clearly I deserve to pay with student rate. I told her I'll go back on Monday to settle this. Not that I'm stingy but I'm just protecting my right! On Monday I'll force her to call her boss in Putrajaya and I want to talk to the officer personally. If I still can't get what I want, I'm thinking of seeking help from DAP representatives. They should know I'm not kidding on this matter.

What a shame we have this kind of people in the immigration department!

Tat reminds me of Jack Neo's movie "Just Follow Law" where d stupiak secretary told Fann Wong about switching on air-con in office during OT need 'write in, takes 3 days to process', hah~

D lady wanted to go home yea, but she's also scared of taking responsibility for letting u loose without following fully d 'standard procedure'. Are u talking to the highest-ranking dude?

Be sure to update us on Monday ya... and... wish u luck... U'll need it when dealing in any government departments... sigh...

The thing that really pissed me off is that she kept saying that NUS prospective students DO NOT have this kind of privilege to pay with student rate since they don't imply the deposit system like other universities. I felt like I've been discriminated and frankly speaking, I have very very low tolerance for discrimination.

She mentioned that a guy went to the Department last month for exactly the reason, that is, to apply passport with student rate to study in NUS and she told me she didn't allow it. Lastly, the guy paid with the normal price. WTF! She was trying to convince me to pay with normal price too. But I'm NOT letting my right away. You see. I have the RIGHT to apply with student rate and why on earth should I pay more? This is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

I've asked my friends in West Malaysia who will be studying in NUS soon. They ALL said they applied with student rate by showing the letter of offer from NUS. THAT'S ALL! I don't understand why the officers in Kuching here want to see the deposit receipt. It's really stupid. I even asked the lady boss to call their peers in Johor to clarify this but SHE DIDN'T WANT!!!

>.<

BTW, I angree with Webmaster about the machine thingy. Really, what they lack is flexibility. They are like machines programmed to do stuff according to procedures. Isn't that pathetic? They are down-grading themselves to lifeless machines.

Posted on: 2007/6/16 18:04

Webmaster
From Kuching
Things you can do now:
- ask for her name
(may be useful when u want to make official complain)
- demand for documented procedure for application
- bring your dad along
- write to newspaper

- ask her to call your NUS college to verify your application, if she doesn't want to, you make the call and pass the phone to her. Show her the number if its stated in the letter you showed her earlier. (need to sacrifice your phone credit la). Put your phone on speaker mode. lol.

and last option:
- go to opposition party so they can make more noise. \o/

Must win the war else nothing will change ! I hope real machines will replace those idiots one day. They don't deserve a job.

Posted on: 2007/6/16 18:31

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Quote:

DaVinci wrote:

The thing that really pissed me off is that she kept saying that NUS prospective students DO NOT have this kind of privilege to pay with student rate since they don't imply the deposit system like other universities. I felt like I've been discriminated and frankly speaking, I have very very low tolerance for discrimination.

She mentioned that a guy went to the Department last month for exactly the reason, that is, to apply passport with student rate to study in NUS and she told me she didn't allow it. Lastly, the guy paid with the normal price. WTF! She was trying to convince me to pay with normal price too. But I'm NOT letting my right away. You see. I have the RIGHT to apply with student rate and why on earth should I pay more? This is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

I've asked my friends in West Malaysia who will be studying in NUS soon. They ALL said they applied with student rate by showing the letter of offer from NUS. THAT'S ALL! I don't understand why the officers in Kuching here want to see the deposit receipt. It's really stupid. I even asked the lady boss to call their peers in Johor to clarify this but SHE DIDN'T WANT!!!

>.<

BTW, I angree with Webmaster about the machine thingy. Really, what they lack is flexibility. They are like machines programmed to do stuff according to procedures. Isn't that pathetic? They are down-grading themselves to lifeless machines.

Yea it's good tat u insist in practicing ur rights! Kuchingnites and particularly Chinese are likely to give in juz for 'convenience'.

Do update us on the issue ya, and if really need DAP, make sure they get u on to the papers and roar to the public about these blood-vomitting cases that our government departments always do.

No needa give them face, they don't deserve a face.

Webbie boss: All human created equal is not about physical and mental or even spiritual abilities, is about "Equality in basic human rights".

Posted on: 2007/6/17 0:41

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
you know why she behaves like that? probably she knows in her heart she, & all her children coming out of her vgna will never have chance if have to compete fairly at singapore people.
that's why very sour grapes & want to stop u from going out. only chance is to tekan you people now ah. . . take it easy, fight the power.
Quote:

maozi wrote:
Quote:

DaVinci wrote:

>.<

Yea it's good tat u insist in practicing ur rights! Kuchingnites and particularly Chinese are likely to give in juz for 'convenience'.

Do update us on the issue ya, and if really need DAP, make sure they get u on to the papers and roar to the public about these blood-vomitting cases that our government departments always do.

No needa give them face, they don't deserve a face.

Webbie boss: All human created equal is not about physical and mental or even spiritual abilities, is about "Equality in basic human rights".

Posted on: 2007/6/17 10:31

Home away from home
From Australia
FACT: RACIAL DISCRIMINATION EXISTS IN MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT CONSTITUTION.

Nuff'said, I wrote a long explanation just then but decided to delete the whole thing due to forum regulations and decided to just cut things short and explain in one sentence. Enough to justify the whole picture of the Malaysian government, there is no need to stand firm on any side of your racial background, it happens, and has been happening since 1950s.

Posted on: 2007/6/18 9:27

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.