tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Kitty Journey] Bako National Park
Home away from home
From Kitty City
(Uh... where shud i post this huh? Webbie boss if unappropriate juz move it, thanks ^ ^)

2007, Jun 2nd, Sunny.

D youth fellowship organised a day trip to Bako National Park during this 2nd Gawai holiday. Poor Maozi missed d trip last year due to working abroad, so this year is a must-go for me! Sad is that maozi's lover Casio Exilim Z60 was abducted by MaoMama to shoot in her Japan trip, so... to be honest, maozi was initially a bit discouraged about the trip...

In the end maozi did went, but thank Ooolala God tat a lengloi--Ms Choo--generously offered to borrow her dear Sony Cybershot DSC-F88 to maozi! Now all thanks to this Cybershot, maozi can finally zap some nice pics!

Alright since d cam was in maozi's hand, let's ROCK'N ROLL~ First there was this cute pony near Bako dock due to a local carnival, and it provided maozi wid a nice test subject to the Cybershot!
Open in new window
And then we found out that there were even camels! Too bad din't shoot them...

Then was the boat ride to the park. The journey took around 20 minutes, while our boat was equipped wid d 60HP (while most others 40) propeller, we zoomed off wid the rest eating dirt... eh... shud b drinking waves...
Open in new window
Fast boat, cool navigator, woot!
And the sceneries during the journey was subarashi~ Let's share some cliffs here~
Open in new window

We arrived the park dock real soon, and headed to the office to register. Then maozi discovered this fairly complete signboard, and took a picture of it (in case I got lost later... heehee)
Open in new window

We all knew that the park boasts of its rich flora and fauna, and many nature lovers and ang-mos like to be here for vacasion, bird-watch or trekking. What strikes maozi most is the baldness of the wildboars and monkeys, who don't seem to be afraid of the visitors~ So maozi risked my old life to take a close-up of a mr wildboar tat passed by~~(narh... tat was 3x zoom, kaka~)
Open in new window

After the registration our original plan was to trek on "Lintang Trail", which is an inner loop that stretches about 5km, and will take 3 hrs to finish near the office. On our way there was these trees tat grew near the shore, with their roots sprouting out of the earth like porcupine's spikes, cute! Wonder if maozi fell down would I like be pierced thru? hehe~
Open in new window

There are many trails in Bako, and we have nice signboards to point the ways.
Open in new window
Paku is a nearer beach, and is famous for the Proboscis Monkeys/Orang Belanda tat stalk near the area! We'd b passing thru this route again, so I'll cover it later.

The beginning of Lintang trail is fairly comfortable, with mild slopes and shady forests, and there are also places like this, for sunset view?
Open in new window

However, there are hard times, too, wid direct sunshine. Lengchais and Lenglois who are afraid of getting tanned, don't forget your hats and lotions~
Open in new window

Well it was planned tat we trek Lintang, but there are many lenglois following... so... well we give in by going another destination: Pantai Pandan Kecil, which is much nearer.
Open in new window

Now there's a part where we needa trek through this barren land, and we may really witness the power of weathering and corrosion to the surface...
Open in new window

Roughly another hour of trek, we finally saw the deep blue sea~
Open in new window

The trek brought us onto a cliff right side of the beach, quite high, and a nature spot for shooting the scenes!

Now the cliff was exposed to years of sun and rain, resulting in an almost alien-like terrain...
Open in new window
Right cliff of Pandan Kecil~
Open in new window
And left cliff~ Breathtakingly stunning scene, eh?
Open in new window

And as a token of appreciation, Maozi (who is known to take oni nice food and nice scene) exceptionally took the portrait picture for the Angel of the day -- Ms Choo -- owner of the Sony Cybershot!
Thank you Ms Choo~ U r d best~~(Gosok kasut a bit, maybe next time can still borrow d cam from her )
Open in new window
As usual, d face is mosaic-ed~

Ok once maozi's paw landed on d beach, d freaking foto session began!
Open in new window
Open in new window
Open in new window
Open in new window... Kinda like volcano huh?
Open in new windowShells on wall I
Open in new windowShells on wall II
Open in new window
Open in new window
Open in new window
Open in new window

After taken like 4-50 pics under the venomous sun, others are ready to trek home. We met a Holland couple, Coreen and Lex on the way, they both expressed their fondness of Borneo, and they always put borneo on their top vacation list~ Their guide joked to them that would they like to visit their relatives (the Proboscis monkeys, called orang belanda, or 'Holland Man' in English)...

Pic: Correen and Lex, our friends from Holland~
Open in new window

Reminded by the guide, Maozi and 4 of our friends decided to ride to Paku on boat, in hope to find some of Lex's relatives ^ ^

Well not to mention the Proboscis yet, the journey by boat itself proves to be harvesting! Look at those marvellous cliffs!
Open in new window
Open in new window
Look at its grandeur! Mmm... like cobra? Kaka
Open in new window
Even more breathtaking when coming near!
Open in new window

While marvelling at the nature's carvings, we arrived at Paku shortly, and found some cuties on the beach~
Open in new window

It was lucky for us during our trek from Paku back to office that we actually found Proboscis monkeys THREE times! But, it was unlucky for poor Maozi, as my 3x optical zoom was virtually useless, as these exotic monkeys are very very shy, and hid themselves high high on top of trees... Well I managed to shot one sleeping on the branch, but... sigh... should hav bought myself a DSLR (dreaming~)...
Open in new window

Back to office tired and weary (mainly because of the heat), we settled down drinking and resting in canteen (Geez, beer sold at RM8! While canned drinks RM2...)

And Maozi's final image wud b Mrs Wildboar and sons strolling by~
Open in new window

Posted on: 2007/6/20 0:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: [Kitty Journey] Bako National Park
Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
fuuhh.. nice.. macam reading brochure or something.. visit bako campaign has begun!

Posted on: 2007/6/20 8:21

Home away from home
From Kuching
*Claps Hard* Maozi excellent. Suddenly it seems like Bako is such a mysterious, enchanting and a very beautiful place to visit. I must visit it. The views, panarome, scenic views are so beautiful... the sea water looks tempting and clean... but is it clean and crystal clear? or is it murky?

Thus, this trip report proves that Kuching is indeed a place not to be missed... a paradise hidden in Sarawak.

Unique in every way.

Posted on: 2007/6/20 12:33

Webmaster
From Kuching
hahaha the wildboar face veli funny ar
i never seen a wildboar closeup !

Posted on: 2007/6/20 12:38

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

edwinlgk wrote:
*Claps Hard* Maozi excellent. Suddenly it seems like Bako is such a mysterious, enchanting and a very beautiful place to visit. I must visit it. The views, panarome, scenic views are so beautiful... the sea water looks tempting and clean... but is it clean and crystal clear? or is it murky?

nah..i think all the pics "crystal clear" already..hehe
okaylah..nice view..

Posted on: 2007/6/20 12:40

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
hahaha the wildboar face veli funny ar
i never seen a wildboar closeup !
..err,Webbie..hearsay the Bako wildboars very tame one,especially the biggest one in the groups.your next trip,go very near & pat them...its ok one,make sure you get close enough this time ,eh ?

Posted on: 2007/6/20 14:47

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Thanks all for d support

D boars are nice (like webbie boss named it 'friendly boar' in picture section), but donno wut pisses them, so... better not goin too close ^ ^

Sea is clear here, as it's way off the river outlet, unlike Santubong or Damai where their beaches are right next to Swak river outlet to South China Sea, then of course murky lor...

Posted on: 2007/6/20 14:57

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

maozi wrote:
Thanks all for d support

D boars are nice (like webbie boss named it 'friendly boar' in picture section), but donno wut pisses them, so... better not goin too close ^ ^

Sea is clear here, as it's way off the river outlet, unlike Santubong or Damai where their beaches are right next to Swak river outlet to South China Sea, then of course murky lor...

Oh tempting I must go!

Webbie when u pat and tell us wot happened... careful don let it knock you down

Posted on: 2007/6/20 18:19

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
webby organize a trip!!! catscity yearly gathering!

Posted on: 2007/6/20 18:36

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Quote:

gerald wrote:
webby organize a trip!!! catscity yearly gathering!

Izzit FOC ? I wanna join~ Kaka~

Posted on: 2007/6/21 13:53

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.