Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Wong SOon KOh...only said "if possible" but no actual effort to bring in direct flights
Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

But remember the lesson from Brunei. They built a massive theme park in Jerudong, yet the crowds never came. A tricky question with very unexpected outcomes. Hope for the best.

when we build things, we need rebranding & promotion..just look at what the spring has done.. they have a very good rebranding and promotion that make people very alert about their development..once completed, everybody will go there..

Posted on: 2007/7/26 9:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wong SOon KOh...only said "if possible" but no actual effort to bring in direct flights
Just popping in
From Kuching but currently in Vientiane, Laos
What has being mentioned by Downsouth, I totally agree with him. I'm a Kuchingite as well. But I always think our Tourism Board could do better. I mean, are they ever functioning at all? Before we are to attract more European, Middle East, or wherever tourist, why not attract our neighbours next door to come to Kuching or Sarawak first? Like us willing to fly to KL or Singapore for shopping, they are coming to Kuching to do their shopping as well. And Kuching is really a potential hub in the region. Since Air Asia is flying to Australia soon, they can always make Kuching a stop in between too. Or are they? Do keep me update on this...hehe. And BKK-KCH, I don't think they make a lose, cause I'll be flying them a lot...haha. But seriously, Bangkok is one of the busiest hub for ASEAN. So, why not?

Posted on: 2007/7/26 10:40

Home away from home
Quote:

Verdoce wrote:
What has being mentioned by Downsouth, I totally agree with him. I'm a Kuchingite as well. But I always think our Tourism Board could do better. I mean, are they ever functioning at all? Before we are to attract more European, Middle East, or wherever tourist, why not attract our neighbours next door to come to Kuching or Sarawak first? Like us willing to fly to KL or Singapore for shopping, they are coming to Kuching to do their shopping as well. And Kuching is really a potential hub in the region. Since Air Asia is flying to Australia soon, they can always make Kuching a stop in between too. Or are they? Do keep me update on this...hehe. And BKK-KCH, I don't think they make a lose, cause I'll be flying them a lot...haha. But seriously, Bangkok is one of the busiest hub for ASEAN. So, why not?

I strongly agree with Verdoce, attract tourist from our neighbouring countries first rather than far away from us. Bangkok is really a good potential market where the east meet the west. I think they should really consider about the benefits of this route. I've been staying in Bkk for 5 yrs and what suprised me are, Thai people love to travel and love to shop, they love nature also...if we could provide all these (we already have the nature), sure they will always come and invite their frens and relatives. Besides all these, i trully hope that our retailers here in Kuching will be able to serve with a more cheerful mind and always welcome customers....many complaints about our retailers showing moody face and freak the people out. With a smiling face, we are able to gain the heart of our valuable tourists and customers...that make things more sustainable and not just one time visit.

Another potential route that we should have is Singapore and Saigon (Ho C M City) and Hanoi. Now we gonna have BSB back and hopefully AK will operate to BSB and Manila as well from KUching.

Posted on: 2007/7/26 17:05

Home away from home
From Hamburg, Germany
Kuching-Sibu sector is a big question mark to me. That route is comparable to KL-SIN which bring the profits and still AK and MAS have less number of flights......and charging more......

what to do...Cina Sibu kaya kaya.....and orang Kuching pon kaya kaya.....hahahahahah......as long as they can afford, CM smile je ler...

Posted on: 2007/7/26 17:37

Home away from home
From Australia
this thread is swaying away again to flights and airports discussion.

AGAIN.

Hate to say this, but, keep dreaming however don't put too much hope, otherwise you will be depressingly dissapointed.

Please discuss relevant issues at the specific threads.

Posted on: 2007/7/27 8:10

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.