Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Where to find Creative Zen in Kch?
Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

KiLL HAnnAH wrote:
Haha..pok kai ar if iphone.

Since we're on the issue of handphones now, does anyone has any 'kang tao' or contacts for cheap phones for sale? I'm looking for 'bi chui' phones. It's not AP sets. It's the ones where it's new (not 2nd hand) but no warranty, and it's cheaper than AP set. Webbie..not sure if it's appropriate or not to talk about this on the forum. If it isn't..just delete my post. Thanks.

no worries. i dun think its classified anything illegal. bee chui or AP both are selling in retail shops in broad day light. lol

Not sure about those you're looking for. but may I suggest you go to Hock Lee centre, both the ground and 1st floor. they do the distribution so you might get cheaper.

If you looking for those kangtao kantao type. I suggest you go King Centre area. I am not very sure which is the shop my fren always talk about. but its a small shop along the fruit stalls row.

Posted on: 2007/8/27 23:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Thanks. I'll look around King Centre and Hock Lee.

Oh, webbie..and can ask for favour? Can change the title of this thread to 'looking for cheap phones'? Thanks.

And btw..I think bee chui phone is illegal right? It's different from AP. AP they just offer less warranty, but it's legitimate. Bee chui, I heard they lari tax wan. Like the beer at the kopitiams, 3 cans for RM 10. If you ask at shops for bee chui..they won't tell you. That's why I looking for contacts.

Posted on: 2007/8/29 1:13

Webmaster
From Kuching
Indirectly no. its not like a pirated version of Nokia or other brands.

the retailers can claim that the phone was brought in by some tourist or some students brought and sold it as 2nd hand or something. Or the owner himself can claim that he bought it overseas. lol. So the law is in the grey area I suppose.

The official distributer are making this sound illegal cause they dun make the profit out of it. But in return if you get the phones from them then you will get warranty and services from them. I wonder if they accept the non zitron sets (for nokia).

Posted on: 2007/8/29 1:54

Re: Looking for Phones / Recommendations
Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Yeah..I know it's not a pirated version of Nokia or something like that. And it's not second hand too. It's original and new, exactly the same like you get if you buy from official distributer. It's just that they don't offer the warranty services.

Thing is, I heard they obtain the phones through illegal means..that's why no warranty and the low prices.

If it's true that authorities ask and they can say they got it overseas, why the retailers so reluctant to tell if they sell bee chui or not?

Been asking my friends, and some of them got kang tao but those ppl want you to give down payment first before they look for the phone, and it's not even guaranteed you will get the phone. If they can't find the phone, you won't get your money back. Kinda like paying them for the risk they are taking to find your phone. I'm not interested in this kind of transaction. Cash on delivery for me.

Posted on: 2007/8/29 2:07

Home away from home
From Kuching
wah depends on your budget, requirement loh... iphone comin soon expected price around 2500 for 8gb.... hmm... 4gb no need so much kua? roughly 3000~4000 mins of song better of get a phone + 2gb memory card + maybe 3.2mp cam all in one function in my opinion lah... juz pretty lazy wanna take so much thing also

Posted on: 2007/9/20 2:18

Home away from home
From Australia
This thread is really misleading.

It reads Phones and Recommendations, but the content is entirely dedicated to mp3 player.

But before that, don't get yourself confused! MP3 Player is different to iPod music player.

Why you may well ask?

MP3 players play simply, mp3.

iPod players play mp3 or other 'compressed' music files that are being converted into iPod compatible file, named AAC.

Now please be reminded that mp3 is a compressed version of the original music files from the Compact Disc. And the AAC (for iPod) is a further compressed music file of the already compressed mp3 files.

Confusing? You should be.

Reason for not getting iPod no.1, iPod uses a built-in battery, so once it is dead, you have to send it to iMac store to have them delivered to the US or the appointed technical store to have the battery replaced. Nobody else can do that for you.

No. 2, you can only use iTunes to convert music files to your iPod.

No. 3, the earphones are crap. It will popped, regardless, otherwise, soon.

No. 4, they are over priced.

Posted on: 2007/9/20 7:45

Home away from home
From Australia
While I do agree that you should just get a phone with huge memory or at least with an expandable memory capability and use it as a mp3 player on top of that, there are disadvantages to it as well.

1) You use up your battery life more than normal use. Meaning, you might not have enough battery life to save you for your phone usage if you play the mp3 continuously.

2) Most new phones now only allows you to use their own specified and supplied earphone handsfree set, because of the specially designed adapter at the bottom of the phone. Meaning, you cannot use an aftermarket external earphones unless there is a special jack made for external headphones use. I think the only phone I found in the market that supports this application is Sony Ericsson.

And yes, the best phone + mp3 player is the Sony E.

Nokia comes second, but battery life will suffer dramatically.

No matter what, never get a PDA phone. You will be mad-arse like I was, now I returned to using a normal mobile phone instead.

If you want a PDA + Phone, yes, get a PDA standalone unit, and get a seperate mobile phone. The two will never work well together, never ever will. I have yet to come across a PDA Phone that truly deserves the title.

Posted on: 2007/9/20 7:51

Home away from home
KiLL HAnnAH, u did mention that u want to listen to MP3 in ur car. Currently I'm using K610i Sony Ericsson and also use it as an MP3 in my car. It has bluetooth and 3G. I also have sony bluetooth receiver which cost RM319 (sold at Tun Jugah) and connect it to my car. Just turn on both bluetooth and play mp3 in your car without any wires. Good sound..hassle free.
Suggest u get Sony Ericsson walkman phone with bluetooth and get the bluetooth receiver.

Posted on: 2007/9/20 10:42

Home away from home
I agree with edgar regarding the battery life if u intend to get a phone with MP3. If u use mostly MP3 i would suggest u get a separate system. otherwise keep your charger handy.
I'm still looking for sony ericsson mp3 with bluetooth but it's not available in Malaysia yet.
By the way, sony eriscson also have their own compressed music file, ATRAC3 which i feel sounds better (for the same compressed audio quality with MP3).
* forgot to add: u need a car charger for the bluetooth receiver.

Posted on: 2007/9/20 11:10

Not too shy to talk
If i wanna get a authorized phones from the manufacturer where should i get? IS there a 100% guarantee its original one?

Posted on: 2008/4/7 10:23

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.