tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Emigrating to Kuching
Home away from home
From Sydney
If you are a foreigner, don't expect to purchase any form of landed property. Only a selected areas have freehold titles available for non-Sarawakian residents.

If you plan to purchase a high-rise, condominium or unit, you have no problems whatsoever.

I'll need to run a double check but if I'm not mistaken, Courtyard Sanctuary in MJC Batu Kawa, some high-end developements in the BDC-Green Heights area and Fairway Villas-Kasuma Resort, are exempted from the landed-property restrictions.

You can keep certain animals as pets, such as lizards and porcupines, but you need to apply for a permit from the Forestry Department. Licences and permits are actually quite cheap, roughly RM10. Maybe less.

Posted on: 2007/9/25 12:04

Home away from home
From Kuching
As far I concern, foreigners have the privileges of buying the properties and cars that are totally waive of taxes. My aunt's boyfriend, a Scottish, who has yet to get a PR here has bought a condo at Bampfylde Suite and a Land Cruiser here and it's totally waive of taxes.

Posted on: 2007/9/25 12:55

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Kuching Population Stats:

Chinese - 43%
Malay - 34%
Indigenous + Others - 23%

Posted on: 2007/9/25 16:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Sydney
The fees are waived for purchase of certain properties, especially luxury non-landed properties. Not too sure about cars though.

Posted on: 2007/9/25 17:14

Quite a regular
From Taipei, Taiwan
Guys, you are absolutely the best. Thanks very much for all that fantastic information!

I'll be indeed moving to Kuching under the MM2H program, and I'm not planning on buying a house, just renting one for the first years until we've found something worth purchasing. I'll be able to work under the program because our company is an Internet-based translation agency - none of our staff or clients live in Malaysia. Under the MM2H program, I'm also allowed to import or buy one car tax-free.

I can very much imagine living in a calm city. In fact, just five years ago, I moved out of Taipei City right into the woods because I found it more desirable to live right next to a National Park, even if it means an hour-long drive to town. For me, nature's much more important than flashy nightclubs or shopping arcades.

As to the garden - I'm sure my plants will love the climate, because I grow only pitcher plants

Thank you very much again, every single one of you!!

Hans

PS:Bookstores specialized Taiwanese publications? HEAVEN!

Posted on: 2007/9/25 21:59

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
Kuching Population Stats:

Chinese - 43%
Malay - 34%
Indigenous + Others - 23%

Where to get the stats? Wiki ar?

Posted on: 2007/9/25 23:10

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Australia
Hi Twoton, a special thanks for your interest in migrating to Kuching.

In reference to your questions, renting a 'bungalow' in Kuching is a strong statement. What this means is, you won't find a bungalow for rent in Kuching, it is near impossible.

Renting a detach-house or semi-detached sounds more reasonable, as there are a lot around the market, usually, through words of mouth.

Price can range from RM500-1000 per month.

Sadly though, your only option for fast internet connection is being provided by TMNet, a monopolistic telecommunication company. The do offer super-fast Broadband connection, but it is no where near T1 connection. And forget about the super-fast highspeed ADSL2+ connection, it is non-existent.

General needs, you can get most of them locally, there are supermarkets, shopping mall, and a couple more of hypermarkets opening soon. if you are looking for famous brand name clothings, it can be a little bit hard.

One more thing is, you MUST get a car, I don't know how are you going to do that, but you simply just need one. You cannot survive without having a car, unless, you are willing to pay for taxi services wherever you go.

Posted on: 2007/9/27 13:15

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:
One more thing is, you MUST get a car, I don't know how are you going to do that, but you simply just need one. You cannot survive without having a car, unless, you are willing to pay for taxi services wherever you go.

and public transport is a problem too. you can only hail for a taxi in certain locations. other than that, you need to make a call for it.

Posted on: 2007/9/27 13:24

Home away from home
From Kuching
Hi Twoton. I've a refurbished terrace house along mine for you. My neighbour has moved out and they renovated and repainted the house for sell. If you were interested, you can let me know. I can snap some pictures for you.

Posted on: 2007/9/27 14:04

Quite a regular
From Taipei, Taiwan
Hey Mike

PM'd you

Posted on: 2007/9/27 14:21

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.