tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Golf in Kuching
Home away from home
From Sydney
Well, by far, I would suggest the Damai Golf Course as a good bet. Favourite spot for me, a few ex diplomats and, well, nearly everyone I know who goes to Kuching for a holiday with golf.

Sarawak Golf Club in Petra Jaya had some refurbishment and renovations on the green when I was on annual leave not too long ago, and it should be done by now. Also a good bet.

My game's pretty horrible, considering that I'm a crap player, but sounds fun nonetheless.

Posted on: 2007/10/18 19:45

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Wouldn't worry about standard of golf, most enjoyable thing is to get out and meet new people. Are you around November ??? Notice you located Sydney, I lived there in the late 70's when I was with Ford as Personnel/Training Manager, lived in Castle Hill until I got a job in New Guinea then back to UK.

Posted on: 2007/10/18 20:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Sydney
Castle Hill: Other side of the world for me. Yeah, in Sydney as of current and I should be in Kuching around November, provided that my trip to Bangkok, Singapore and Ho Chi Minh ends early.

True, golf is about fun and meeting new people, but you know, 'pride' and all. So, I'll try and get my game on.

Would love to play a round. I'm sure my dad would be joining as well.

Posted on: 2007/10/18 21:48

Home away from home
From kuciang
Quote:

redvet wrote:
Wouldn't worry about standard of golf, most enjoyable thing is to get out and meet new people. Are you around November ??? Notice you located Sydney, I lived there in the late 70's when I was with Ford as Personnel/Training Manager, lived in Castle Hill until I got a job in New Guinea then back to UK.
hi Redvet,you been to New Guinea & out of my curiousity,do mind letting me know if ,do the local tribes still pratice caniballism deep in the jungle ? tks..

Posted on: 2007/10/19 14:46

Home away from home
From sarawak
could u give me ur email redvet ? will email u anytime .. btw, its a good idea of having an outing forum.. ..at least there's member that sharing the same hobby could meet and do it together..

Posted on: 2007/10/19 15:29

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

kiko wrote:
could u give me ur email redvet ? will email u anytime .. btw, its a good idea of having an outing forum.. ..at least there's member that sharing the same hobby could meet and do it together..

Sent you a PM

Posted on: 2007/10/19 23:33

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:
Quote:

redvet wrote:
hi Redvet,you been to New Guinea & out of my curiousity,do mind letting me know if ,do the local tribes still pratice caniballism deep in the jungle ? tks..

I lived and worked on Bougainville Island, no evidence there can't say for other parts, certainly head hunting amongst tribes in the highlands many years back.

Posted on: 2007/10/19 23:39

Home away from home
From Sydney
I did risk analysis for PNG for an MNC, and the head-hunters and cannibals are only in then highlands. Though, the report I read was prepared in 1999 and my report for PNG was last year.

Assuming that, there's still sporadic cannibalsm in the highlands, but the lowlands are generally civilized.

Redvet must be planning a Catscity open tournament soon...

Posted on: 2007/10/20 2:28

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Think unlikely to be able to get group together, not enough interest unfortunately. however there is good start to weekend for me here in UK, just been watching my ManU beat Aston Villa 4-1 away

Posted on: 2007/10/21 13:44

Home away from home
From Sydney
Catscity closed tournament?

No green jacket for the winner, but all for the fun of it!

England lost against SA in the RWC finals. At least not as bad as the 36-0 during the Pool A stages. Oh well, Wilko can only kick Montgomery's a*se for that long.

Posted on: 2007/10/21 13:58

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]