tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Traffic Lights in Kuching - Need to be upgraded/changed
Quite a regular
From Kuching
have u all realized that at certain places (especially in kuching city centre) the traffic lights need to be fully upgraded/changed to high resolution (l.e.d) instead of using low resolution (bulb)? i have driven all over kuching city, can see most of the traffic lights, the JKR workers do their job alang-alang one; only change certain part of the traffic light instead of changing the whole traffic lights into l.e.d.. if u drive around kuching city, observe the traffic lights...u will know what i mean....

Posted on: 2007/10/24 23:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Traffic Lights in Kuching - Need to be upgraded/changed
Webmaster
From Kuching
they only use new ones for new roads. they dun change the old ones.
I think that fairly concern their budget.

wait until rosak, then they will change into newer ones. so what u can do.. 3am. go wreak it. lol

Posted on: 2007/10/25 0:02

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
lol..

sometimes it's kind of hard to see the lights change under intense sunlight.

Posted on: 2007/10/25 0:09

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

quadrille wrote:
have u all realized that at certain places (especially in kuching city centre) the traffic lights need to be fully upgraded/changed to high resolution (l.e.d) instead of using low resolution (bulb)? i have driven all over kuching city, can see most of the traffic lights, the JKR workers do their job alang-alang one; only change certain part of the traffic light instead of changing the whole traffic lights into l.e.d.. if u drive around kuching city, observe the traffic lights...u will know what i mean....

as far as i know..LED one is better..in term of cost..clear view (brighter than bulb)..

Posted on: 2007/10/25 0:28

Quite a regular
From Kuching
haha...but still they need to change to new ones since kuching is a big city now le. i've seen places like KL, Singapore....even small city like Melaka also; all change to new l.e.d traffic lights. in a way, the l.e.d traffic lights are brighter and save energy too...compare to the traffic lights using bulbs; not so bright le...

i think kuching city needs to install traffic lights with red light camera and also traffic light countdown for drivers and motorcyclists to see how many seconds left for the lights to change to red or green since kuching city is getting crowded with lots of vehicles. from what i can see is that most kuching drivers driving recklessly and dangerously le; even red light also they just keep on going (overtake the red lights) instead of slowing down to stop...

Posted on: 2007/10/25 1:12

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

quadrille wrote:
haha...but still they need to change to new ones since kuching is a big city now le. i've seen places like KL, Singapore....even small city like Melaka also; all change to new l.e.d traffic lights. in a way, the l.e.d traffic lights are brighter and save energy too...compare to the traffic lights using bulbs; not so bright le...

i think kuching city needs to install traffic lights with red light camera and also traffic light countdown for drivers and motorcyclists to see how many seconds left for the lights to change to red or green since kuching city is getting crowded with lots of vehicles. from what i can see is that most kuching drivers driving recklessly and dangerously le; even red light also they just keep on going (overtake the red lights) instead of slowing down to stop...

Welcome to Kuching LOL! worse come when its green they dirve super slow! duh~!

I was wondering though what happened to the traffic light at Jln Song area. The intersection between airport and simpang tiga's traffic light. That traffic light used to be well good. Because during night time it has this sensor that sense when there are no cars it will just jump to the lanes with cars but these days i notice that the traffic light for the city to the airport vv turns green and stays green EVEN THERE ARE NO CARS! dang!

Posted on: 2007/10/25 1:17

Just can't stay away
edwinlgk is one of those that keep on going overtake the red lights instead of slowing down to stop

Posted on: 2007/10/25 1:45

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

quadrille wrote:
from what i can see is that most kuching drivers driving recklessly and dangerously le; even red light also they just keep on going (overtake the red lights) instead of slowing down to stop...

no lah..everywhere in malaysia is the same...
especially terengganu/kelantan..frm my XP lah..during raya (every year)..xcdnt anywhere along the way...from alor setar-baling-grik (perak)-kelantan-terengganu

Posted on: 2007/10/25 11:10

Quite a regular
From Kuching
true also. i also ever been to small cities like Melaka and Terengganu. even small cities also all the traffic lights change to l.e.d type. i even saw most of the traffic lights at there also install the traffic light countdown (not for pedestrians, but for drivers and motorcyclists). i don't care whether kuching drivers drive recklessly or not; just that i can't wait to see all the traffic lights in kuching change to l.e.d... even install the traffic light countdown and red light camera since kuching so many vehicles nowadays...

take a look at the pics which i can't wait to see in kuching city or even cities in Sarawak such as Sibu, Bintulu and Miri...

Attach file:

jpg  72-710081.jpg (28.89 KB)
1665_47205e86d9181.jpg 400X283 px

jpg  73070862_8bcf4cbdb0.jpg (97.54 KB)
1665_47205e9c401ac.jpg 420X500 px

jpg  led-traffic-lights-0000054967-L.jpg (14.13 KB)
1665_47205ebe842e1.jpg 250X250 px

jpg  451943936_6be9389266.jpg (131.83 KB)
1665_47205edd9c230.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2007/10/25 17:17

Home away from home
i think we need patient and polite drivers. one thing good about sarawakians. we don simply honk. another, i don think we have so much money to change the still good traffic lights in kch or elsewhere. we can use that for other things like sensored traffic lights than can think by themselves eg if there is no car. it will change straight to red light automatically instead of green. that's better than having countdown as people will race even more.

Posted on: 2007/10/26 0:41

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.