tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Traffic Lights in Kuching - Need to be upgraded/changed
Home away from home
From Australia
Why do you need the countdown timer for?

It's hideous and useless, only good for trafficlight drag-racing derby.

Posted on: 2007/11/29 12:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
hahahha...duno... u go ask Ichi_ban fella . hes de one prefering it ...

Posted on: 2007/11/29 12:13

see the bigger picture, think with your head, STOP being EMO...

Home away from home
From Sarawak
Quote:
edgar wrote:

Quote:
chica wrote: hahahha...duno... u go ask Ichi_ban fella . hes de one prefering it ...

I think it is very usefull. Coz this will notify the drivers when the RED Light will come out while you are crossing during the YELLOW light... The drivers will know how much time remaining if he would want to cross the junction..If the figure shows 1 or 2 second left before it turn RED, then I don't think he got enough time to cross it...

I heard this type of Trafic Light reduce cases of accident at that point....If without the figure, the driver will never know when is the YELLOW light stop and the RED light coming out...

And our drivers here always speeding cross over the junction during the YELLOW light, coz they don't want to waste their time waiting during RED light under the hot sun or raining day...

Posted on: 2007/11/29 12:46

Just can't stay away
Later the countdown timer traffic light will be use by the driver and the motorcyclist as a...

PECUT !!!!!!

NGENGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eat my smoke you asshole!
hahahahahaha !!!!!!!

Now, rethink again. Should we have this type of traffic light?

Posted on: 2007/11/29 17:21

Home away from home
From Sarawak
Quote:
Rahman wrote:
Later the countdown timer traffic light will be use by the driver and the motorcyclist as a...

PECUT !!!!!!

NGENGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eat my smoke you asshole!
hahahahahaha !!!!!!!

Now, rethink again. Should we have this type of traffic light?

I am sure not only 'Eat my smoke you asshole!'
you might go to hell faster......coz of big truck coming from the your right side while you are syok syok NGENGGGGGG!!!!!!...
hahahahahaha.....

Posted on: 2007/11/29 21:33

Quite a regular
From Kuching
Quote:

edgar wrote:

i think it's useful le. with the countdown timer install, then easier for road users to see how many seconds left for the traffic lights to turn to green light and red light. imagine without the countdown timer, drivers and motorcyclists will have to wait so long in their vehicles just for the traffic lights to change to green light and yet within split seconds, so fast change to red light already; and then have to wait long again; somemore cause terrible traffic jam and wasting time le. Especially the traffic lights at Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce/Green Road; Simpang Tiga and Jalan Satok/Green Road there. Always jam before and after work almost everyday. Worst traffic jam i ever saw (even with traffic light) is at Jalan Keretapi, Simpang Tiga Tabuan Road, Jalan Satok and Green Road. Other places that always kena traffic jam are caused by road constructions and round-abouts ahead.

i agree with ichi_ban. west malaysia (usj/petaling jaya, n.sembilan, kl, even small cities like melaka and terengganu) also already have countdown timer install). i think in kuching, it's time they should install countdown timer as kuching city getting bigger and crowded with more vehicles and people.

Posted on: 2007/11/29 23:36

Edited by quadrille on 2007/11/30 0:18:08

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

ichi_ban wrote:
Quote:
edgar wrote:

Quote:
chica wrote: hahahha...duno... u go ask Ichi_ban fella . hes de one prefering it ...

I think it is very usefull. Coz this will notify the drivers when the RED Light will come out while you are crossing during the YELLOW light... The drivers will know how much time remaining if he would want to cross the junction..If the figure shows 1 or 2 second left before it turn RED, then I don't think he got enough time to cross it...

I heard this type of Trafic Light reduce cases of accident at that point....If without the figure, the driver will never know when is the YELLOW light stop and the RED light coming out...

And our drivers here always speeding cross over the junction during the YELLOW light, coz they don't want to waste their time waiting during RED light under the hot sun or raining day...

You have your point there. In Singapore it maybe usefull but in Malaysia drivers would drive recklessly and sometimes disobeying the red light. In this case, I would suggest a speed camera and surveillance camera at every point of the red light. By then, drivers and motorist will really care to learn.

Posted on: 2007/11/29 23:44

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Quite a regular
From Kuching
Quote:

bytez wrote:
Quote:

ichi_ban wrote:
Quote:
edgar wrote:

Quote:

You have your point there. In Singapore it maybe usefull but in Malaysia drivers would drive recklessly and sometimes disobeying the red light. In this case, I would suggest a speed camera and surveillance camera at every point of the red light. By then, drivers and motorist will really care to learn.

yup. installation of red light camera, speed camera and surveillance camera for the traffic light is a 'must' in kuching. i realize that most drivers and motorcyclists like to speed/drive fast and beat the light, very dangerous le. Red light already; for them they still go instead of stop. Macam tidak takut kena police saman and accident le. Very dangerous traffic light junction i always see drivers and motorcyclists beat the red light is the Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce-Green Road and Simpang Tiga-Batu Lintang-Jalan Mendu-Tabuan Road.

Posted on: 2007/11/30 0:17

Quite a regular
From Kuching
i think Kuching has way too many traffic lights.

Posted on: 2007/11/30 0:56

Home away from home
From Australia
I thought the countdown timer is there to notify you the remaining waiting time before the light turns green?

If I remembered correctly when I was in Langakawi, that was what it was there for, not the other way round.

I could be wrong.

Posted on: 2007/11/30 11:10

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.