tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How to go Damai Beach Resort?
Webmaster
From Kuching
I think the directions provided by KH is sufficient enough. it gives the tourist an idea of the direction. if unsure, there are always people there to ask for confirmation.

Posted on: 2007/11/15 8:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Australia
do we have any map for Kuching at all?

Posted on: 2007/11/15 10:21

Webmaster
From Kuching
We have map for Kuching. The sarawak tourism totally sux at map distribution. there are no good maps of all of Kuching. The only visitor's map is this: here

You will not find any good maps to Damai or 3rd Mile, Batu Kawa and all the other interesting minor townships.

Posted on: 2007/11/15 10:34

Home away from home
From Australia
That is not a map, that is a drawing.

Sucks, how can you attract tourist if you do not even have a proper mapping for your city and the tourist attraction.

Posted on: 2007/11/15 11:19

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

edgar wrote:
lol, you cannot just tell someone who is unfamiliar with Kuching to turn right or turn left, the best way to inform is to include road names as well. but in this case, unfortunately, it's not being provided by Google maps.

Yeah, of course it's better to include road names, but unfortunately I do not know the names of roads in Petra Jaya. But anyone with a basic sense of direction should be able to follow my directions. Actually, come to think of it, usually ppl give directions without road names. It's just turn left here, right afterwards, continue straight on etc.

Quote:

If the road after Masja has been completed and connected to the Cat Museum, it is technically, quicker if you travel from the city. Once you pass the toll, you get all the way to Masja, and straight on.

I disagree. If you check Google Maps, it's faster to use the Satok Bridge, unless like I said earlier, you're from the Eastern part of Kuching (Pending thereabouts).

The Cat museum is northwest of the city center. Since both ways take a more or less direct road straight to the cat museum, it would be faster to just head west to Satok and then north to the cat museum, instead of heading east to the toll bridge and then heading northwest again after that to the cat museum.

I guess it depends on the traffic too. Depending on where you are, if it's peak hours, using the toll bridge would be slightly faster. Though of course, you'll need to pay a small toll.

Posted on: 2007/11/15 17:53

Home away from home
From Australia
Consider the traffic, the number of roundabouts, the number of stops, as I said, Masja is quicker. 3X less cars, 3x less stops, 3x less roundabouts.

Posted on: 2007/11/16 6:58

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Nope..number of roundabouts are the same. So are the number of stops. In fact, I think Masja requires 3 roundabouts as opposed to 2 from Satok.

But I think traffic plays the biggest factor. So does where one starts out on his journey.

Posted on: 2007/11/16 18:21

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]