tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

UMNO's Discussion
Home away from home
From Australia
Here is the controversy:

First, the news released was supposed to be about 'Fuel Subsidy' that he proposed, should be removed because the idea is not sustainably beneficial to the country's wealth, or should it be, his own and the ministerial wealths.

HERE is the news abstract.

However, scroll further down, and you will find these:

Quote:

"On education, Khairy conveyed the Umno grassroots’ wish to revert to the use of Bahasa Malaysia to teach science and mathematics.

"We do not ask secondary schools to do so, but only for primary schools to go back to the original (method).

"We are not anti-progress, it does not mean that the Malays have given up and we are not brave and we cannot study science and mathematics in English, but this is what we hear from the Malay grassroots.

"They told us that it is not easy for their children who are seven-year-old regardless if they are from the rural or urban areas to learn these technical subjects in English.

"English has become a wall to stop the children from understanding mathematics and science because they learn in the hard way and that the knowledge is not absorbed."

He suggested that an alternative is to improve the teaching of English, by perhaps introducing English literature.

Khairy also called for teaching methods to be reviewed to make students think out of the box and to question. "If teachers are unable to think out of the box, what about the students?"

Ok, for someone who lives and talks inside the square box to made this speech is humiliating, and funny, and also, stupid.

You got to learn it the hard way in order to succeed. Isn't that true? But NO, what he advised is, it is hard for the children, and that they should just give up in learning English the hard way. And he 'thinks' that is how you can 'progress'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Then scroll down further, you will see these:

Quote:

"On the supply chain, Khairy said this has become a Malay agenda because this is being monopolised by other races in every industry.

"For example, the construction sector is being monopolised by other races, all building materials are controlled by non-Malay companies. This is a structural weakness."

Khairy also expressed sadness that for the first time in Umno history, not many people could read the president’s policy speech in the newspapers, except for Utusan Malaysia and Oriental Daily, because the media supply chain of vendors and distributor is monopolised by a race.

He said in agriculture, the Malays are supposed to link with the industry but the supply chain of wholesalers, marketers, processors are all monopolised by non-Malays."

ER..... isn't this being racist?

If you cannot fight for your right, why whinge? Get up, work harder, and be better.

Posted on: 2007/11/16 10:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: UMNO's Discussion
Webmaster
From Kuching
edgar, for the title of your posting, don't use your personal "comment / thoughts" as the title. put something in general that is not very sensitive or directed to any particular groups / parties.

you can put the rest of it in the posting content. control also ar.

Posted on: 2007/11/16 10:25

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
If you say it's hard to learn in English and you want primary schools to revert back to BM, this is only making it even harder.

If you don't start in primary school, when do you start? Starting later is only going to make it harder. The earlier you start, the better. You need to build a foundation. Learning in BM and then switching to English in secondary school is only going to increase the difficulty of learning in English.

Bloody morons. There's no way around it.

Quote:

"We are not anti-progress, it does not mean that the Malays have given up and we are not brave and we cannot study science and mathematics in English, but this is what we hear from the Malay grassroots.

Well, sorry to say, but this is what they actually are doing.

Funny thing, this kind of feedback from the grassroots, they accept without question. As for feedback about petrol subsidy, they reject without question. Seems like they only accept what they like, and reject what they don't like.

Posted on: 2007/11/16 18:12

Home away from home
From Kuching
english has to start young..if ppl start to be so resistance to change like language in education, thn i tink they wil get no where to be a developing generation..like KillHannah mention, starting in later years will gv difficulties for understanding ...n of cos by tat time, de students will be less interested in tackling in empowering de other language...such a sad ting to hear tat soemone like Khairy is easily discouraged jus becos of some complaints frm parents n students who failed in trying...i hope de govt will keep on implementing english language in science n maths...i will deftly wan de best for my kids nex time too , u knw...english is de only way for de new generation to go global

Posted on: 2007/11/17 10:18

see the bigger picture, think with your head, STOP being EMO...

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
I rather that all subjects be in English. Though now it's only for Science and Maths, at least got la. But now they want to revert back to Malay for those subjects, aduh. Ridiculous.

Posted on: 2007/11/17 16:40

Home away from home
He was definitely 'toying' with controversy, and upping the anti-chinese sentiments, without direct reference. Reversion to BM will only prolong the process of spoon-feeding the malay kids, who will ultimately end up with the mentality of 40 years ago. By definition, this is stagnation & the net result is regression vis-a-vis catching up with the other races.

His 'vision' serves to ameliorate only the very short term problems, as eventually, they will still need to rely only the 'gov't crutch' to move on. They will NEVER catch up with other races.

Small wonder that many universities have been downgraded, even MU, the once mighty institution of higher learning has slipped into mediocrity!

Posted on: 2007/11/19 5:20

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
That's the core problem of the government policies. Schemes and plans to aid the Malay race in their goal to catch up with the other races have only succeeded in making the Malays complacent and relying on government aid to carry on. They start thinking 'Oh, the government will be there to help me in the end, so why need to work so hard?'.

This on the other hand, causes the non-bumi races to strive even harder to be successful, as they do not receive as much aid as the Malays. This will then cause the non-bumis to be even more successful, as success comes with hard work.

Give a man fish, and it'll last him a day. Teach a man how to fish, and it'll last him a lifetime.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 13:39

Home away from home
From Kuching
tats wat i was trying to say wen i mention abt de "spoonfeeding theory" b4 TGuy simply bombard me...i was relying on facts n figures tat tis happens in our comunity nationwide..its jus a generalization ...n of cos, NOT ALL of them are like tat (gud for them) but de once who loves being spoonfed, they r like tat maybe becos of their upbringing n environment...if we look 50-60 yrs ago..our veterans now , if im not mistaken, their education system r done in English..n tats why their English r good...its jus de new sch generation tat revert back to BM...

Posted on: 2007/11/19 15:53

see the bigger picture, think with your head, STOP being EMO...

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

Next political tsunami could be bigger if…

By BN Loyalist, Kuching

THE political tsunami that swept Penang, Kedah, Perak, Selangor and Kelantan, drowning and sweeping away the once mighty Barisan Nasional state governments and several MPs, clearly stunned Malaysians who woke up the next morning to see their political landscape changed drastically.

Apa sudah jadi? (What happened?) — many a Malaysian and even politicians on both sides of the divide raced to ask themselves.

The BN was not really infallible as was said many a time but was finally proven to be so as voters overwhelmingly decided to swing to the opposition parties who were no better than the BN.

But why?

BN old-timers and heavyweights were shown the exit in the most ungracious and merciless manner, thus adding salt to injuries and bruises sustained in the electoral battle.

The magnitude of this BN election debacle was neither foreseen nor expected.

People power was evident in our democracy after it had happened elsewhere in the region. BN is now so badly bruised and one wonders if at all the damage inflicted on the coalition is reparable.

Khairy Jamaluddin, the Umno deputy Youth chief declared soon after the results were known that the BN would fight back. But the way I look at it, only two possible scenarios could develop from the stunning political development:
The opposition parties especially PKR and DAP which now savour power in their hands, could screw up their rules along with PAS, and allow BN to regain and regroup and fight back successfully like what Khairy said, or
The powerful presence of the opposition parties of PKR (once written off), DAP and PAS in five states and in the national parliament, could further erode the power base and support of the BN which could eventually deal an even bigger blow in the next round.

Factors that contributed to the massive BN losses were ethnic frustrations, a better organised opposition front, economic difficulties and general dissatisfac-tion with the administration which included the arrogant attitude of BN and Umno politicians.

Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi was not to be blamed solely. And, what about the Internet’s powerful influence on voters?

It is true the opposition parties were hardly featured in the mainstream media. It is an open secret. There is no need to deny this. Yet, by word of mouth and through the help of the Internet, they managed to get their messages across to the electorate. BN’s opponents had skilfully exploited the Internet.

The outcome of the general election was worse than 1969’s. The blow was even more severe.

What can BN and especially Umno politicians learn from this disaster?

I hope to see an answer in the coming years. Or the political tsunami would be a bigger wave.

source

Personally, I think this column editor is patronage enough to write something like this. Doesn't matter what his skin is, but for sure he doesn't seemed like a 'true malaysian' at all. Perhaps or maybe he want to earn some hard cash.

Bn can never learn anything but assault on others. Maybe a sharp knife into someone's back or a flamming war in denial. That's the fact and no secrets.

Posted on: 2008/4/15 17:36

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Sydney
A post resurrected from the dead? And here I was thinking this is the return of Edgar.

Khairy Jamaluddin is a douche bag in every sense. Saw him a few times, and every time I do see him in social events, I feel like punching him, or if I can't do that, excuse myself and then hurl whatever I ate into the toilet. If you saw him on BBC World the other day, talking about democracy, about how one party has to lead the others, he speaks in such a condescending way, you just can't help but revel in the thought that perhaps because of him and his very demeanor, he could have single-handedly caused the downfall of Mr Smiley Face by being closely linked to him via familial ties.

Posted on: 2008/4/15 22:16

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]