tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Japanese Tuition School
Home away from home
From Sarawak
Where can we find tuition school teaching Japanese in Kuching?

Posted on: 2008/1/6 18:26

Re: Japanese Tuition School
Just can't stay away
There's one in Chawan Road, somewhere near Kenyalang. The teacher is Mr. Foo Kok Juol, a local Chinese who has been teaching Japanese for more than 10 years. I attended his class before for about 4 years. The lesson is conducted in bilingual - Mandarin and English.

Contact number: 082-484833

Anyway, there's another one in Jalan Tabuan, and the teacher is a Japanese. They call him Mr. Takahashi if I am not wrong.
I am not sure whether he is still teaching or not now. But I heard his lesson is very good...as in you can master basic Japanese conversation within 6 months because during every lesson he will force you to converse in Japanese. LOL. Not so good for those weak-hearted.

If you intend to sit for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), go for Mr. Foo because his lesson is very much oriented to the syllabus for the test, and he brings his students to Singapore to sit for the test every year. I followed him once.

As for the second one, well, I am not so sure because I never attended his lesson. I think his lesson is adapted from other reference, or maybe simply from himself because he is a Japanese
Good for those who wants to converse in Japanese.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 18:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Webmaster
From Kuching
There are few. but the good ones are run privately I think.

The last time I called one Jap teacher in Kuching, there wasn't any intake that time so he asked me to called a month later which I never did. ^^

Becareful of which one you're going, some are using old Japanese syllabus which is different from what is being used in Japan today.

the two contact I got now:

Mr Takahashi: 0198777706
and
Mr Tomizawa: 082-245-192

both are of different classes. you thinking to enroll is it?

Posted on: 2008/1/6 18:46

Webmaster
From Kuching
Davinci, the one in Kenyalang is the one that uses old Japanese syllabus and its not very applicable in modern Japan. Still they would understand but they would think you're from old generation.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 18:57

Just can't stay away
LOL. Ya. He is still using the old textbook. But it's good for those who wants to take JLPT. I took the test twice: Level 4 in Singapore and Level 3 in Penang. I'd say my score for Vocabulary and Grammar papers ain't that bad. The thing that pulled my overall score down is Listening test which I nearly failed for Level 3. LOL. Lack of exposure I suppose. I know a girl who watched Anime all the time and her Listening test is like superb!

P/s:
Level 4 - Beginner
Level 3 - Intermediate
Level 2 - Advance
Level 1 - More Advance

Posted on: 2008/1/6 19:12

Just can't stay away
Quote:

webmaster wrote:
There are few. but the good ones are run privately I think.

The last time I called one Jap teacher in Kuching, there wasn't any intake that time so he asked me to called a month later which I never did. ^^

Becareful of which one you're going, some are using old Japanese syllabus which is different from what is being used in Japan today.

the two contact I got now:

Mr Takahashi: 0198777706
and
Mr Tomizawa: 082-245-192

both are of different classes. you thinking to enroll is it?

Arrr..you still have Mr. Takahashi's number! Haha. Yaya I still remember his handphone number got a lot of 7. LOL. But I lost his number years ago.

Anyway, is he still teaching now?

Posted on: 2008/1/6 19:14

Webmaster
From Kuching
Quote:

Arrr..you still have Mr. Takahashi's number! Haha. Yaya I still remember his handphone number got a lot of 7. LOL. But I lost his number years ago.

Anyway, is he still teaching now?

Yea he is. he will only start new intake when there are enough students enrolling.

As for me I took Japanese class for few months and the Jap teacher had to go back to Japan for some reason and it was substitute with a local teacher. I am still thinking to continue japanese lessons.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 19:33

Home away from home
From in your mind
Hey! I attended Mr Foo's classes since 2004. Just sat for JLPT Level 2 last Dec in S'pore.

To be brutally honest, I find him a boring teacher. He teaches 'by the book' (i.e, square old-fashioned method), and there isn't much interaction in class. Yes, he teaches bilingual in Mandarin and.. broken English. For me who's 'half bucket of water' in Mandarin... I rely alot on my own diligence and initiative to pass the tests (JLPT 4 - 2005, JLPT 3 - 2006). I attend his classes for the materials, which are still relevant to JLPT even though they're abit outdated. Thank goodness I had done self-study for many years before I joined his class so I have fairly good basics. Having Japanese friends in uni helped too.

JLPT 2 was a killer. I think I'll flunk.. Urghgh.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 21:55

Home away from home
From Kuching
Japanese club in Swinburne is oso Takahashi sensei teaching ^^ He's quite fun actually :P But stop going coz of some certain reason ^^"

Posted on: 2008/1/6 21:56

Just can't stay away
Quote:

WinteRose wrote:
Hey! I attended Mr Foo's classes since 2004. Just sat for JLPT Level 2 last Dec in S'pore.

To be brutally honest, I find him a boring teacher. He teaches 'by the book' (i.e, square old-fashioned method), and there isn't much interaction in class. Yes, he teaches bilingual in Mandarin and.. broken English. For me who's 'half bucket of water' in Mandarin... I rely alot on my own diligence and initiative to pass the tests (JLPT 4 - 2005, JLPT 3 - 2006). I attend his classes for the materials, which are still relevant to JLPT even though they're abit outdated. Thank goodness I had done self-study for many years before I joined his class so I have fairly good basics. Having Japanese friends in uni helped too.

JLPT 2 was a killer. I think I'll flunk.. Urghgh.

LOL. It's boring I must admit. I attended Level 2 for a few months but I quit later because of SPM. And I haven't got the chance to continue ever since.

Seriously, Level 2 is so darn difficult compared to Level 3. Even looking at the vocabs made me headache already!

Posted on: 2008/1/6 22:13

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.