tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Jln Song Flyover
Home away from home
From Sydney
As much as we love Baron Mango Tree's speed and reliability, has anyone sat down and realised how this would affect us? I admire his determination, but sometimes saddened by the sacrifices it incurs.

I remember a time when going to the airport and flying out of Kuching means looking at the massive trees lining Tun Jugah Road, having been placed there some 30-odd years ago. These majestic trees herald your entry and exit out of Kuching and Sarawak, a land of jungles, trees and a balance of nature and man-made comforts.

Now, the last stretch of trees is along the junction of Song and Tun Jugah Roads. While speedy and expedient construction of infrastructure may be, even faster will be the chopping down of trees.

I am not against it, I'm just reminiscing about the soon-to-be-forgotten trees, which causes people to leave a 50m empty stretch of road, just to be under shade.

Most visitors, locals and expats who come here frequently, tell me how they miss the trees. The trees signal your arrival into a city in the jungle. Now, this large 'highway,' as much as it brings about signs of development, suddenly writes away the romantic image of travel and home, an entry into any other major urban centre.

Posted on: 2008/1/17 13:03

Home away from home
From in your mind
He doesn't do things in an eco-friendly way. Now they are planting those decorative plants at the Kenyalang Interchange.. Who needs those, maan?! Plant big trees!! Those would look good and not so high maintenance.

Posted on: 2008/1/17 13:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

On projects here for 2008, he said this year would see the completion of a four-star hotel - Sheraton Hotel - in August and the Jalan Song flyover by the end of the year.

Both developments would be a boost to city dwellers as the hotel would provide job opportunities while the flyover would allow for smoother traffic flow, he said.

Asked if he would venture out of Malaysia in the near future, Ting said: ā€œIā€™d stick to Malaysia. I love Malaysia.ā€

How about another one at tabuan road ? he for sure love msia as there are so many ways to make money here as long as tie with the existing polictician is still strong..

Posted on: 2008/1/17 14:59

Just can't stay away
Quote:

pelagus wrote:
Hmm, can't wait to see the 5th flyover...

The more flyover u see, meaning the heavier the road traffic become. When next time our traffic is masive jam, not only you can see 5, but more and more flyovers. In exchange, you will see lesser and lesser big trees in kuching. By then, we are just similar normal like any other cities in malaysia, and we dont call kuching as "garden city" anymore.

Please, who can SAVE the trees from being chopped down? Can we STOP the chopping action before everything is too late??!! PLEASE...

Posted on: 2008/1/17 17:41

Home away from home
From sarawak
there is way where we can still plant tree and beautify the landscape without sacrifce on development..

as i can see in europe, trees were still being planted next to their highway..we can adopt the same way..planting trees in the middle of the roads like in kuching is a little bit dangerous to the the road users too.

while we can still plant trees by the road side, beautify of existing flyovers landscape like what we done so far at all existing interchange still give kuching a garden city mood.

Posted on: 2008/1/18 8:15

Home away from home
From sarawak
my concern now is wether the project really took off @ not?they said complete by year end but no thing happen..

Posted on: 2008/1/18 8:27

Just can't stay away
Quote:

fongjf wrote:
Quote:

pelagus wrote:
Hmm, can't wait to see the 5th flyover...

The more flyover u see, meaning the heavier the road traffic become. When next time our traffic is masive jam, not only you can see 5, but more and more flyovers. In exchange, you will see lesser and lesser big trees in kuching. By then, we are just similar normal like any other cities in malaysia, and we dont call kuching as "garden city" anymore.

Please, who can SAVE the trees from being chopped down? Can we STOP the chopping action before everything is too late??!! PLEASE...

u want tree?? easy...just after the airport toward serian road...u will get as much tree as u like....

Posted on: 2008/1/18 10:34

Home away from home
From Boston
Quote:

kiko wrote:
there is way where we can still plant tree and beautify the landscape without sacrifce on development..

as i can see in europe, trees were still being planted next to their highway..we can adopt the same way..planting trees in the middle of the roads like in kuching is a little bit dangerous to the the road users too.

while we can still plant trees by the road side, beautify of existing flyovers landscape like what we done so far at all existing interchange still give kuching a garden city mood.

yes, that is true. Look at the 3rd mile roundabout, Its so empty. Something can be done, trees planted, or the huge land in the middle can be used to be built as some building, even a McD drive through? A row of shops? I mean, trees can be planted there rather than a few flowers next to the black "concrete structure" at one side of the roundabout. Lots of trees can be planted at other places. Even the flyover at Simpang 3. Instead of 4 or 5 tress, and plenty of flowers and even more grass, more trees, please? I think trees require less maintenance than supposed-to-be beautiful plants at the roundabout. Same with the flyover just outside RH Plaza. Don't you all think so?

That would create a feeling like the Hornbill is kept in its natural habitat, the jungle, cuz its in the middle of the jungle

Posted on: 2008/1/18 17:01

Home away from home
From sarawak
anyone know details on the jln song flyover?

Posted on: 2008/1/18 17:20

Quite a regular
Quote:

fergie wrote:
Quote:

kiko wrote:

yes, that is true. Look at the 3rd mile roundabout, Its so empty. Something can be done, trees planted, or the huge land in the middle can be used to be built as some building, even a McD drive through? A row of shops? I mean, trees can be planted there rather than a few flowers next to the black "concrete structure" at one side of the roundabout. Lots of trees can be planted at other places. Even the flyover at Simpang 3. Instead of 4 or 5 tress, and plenty of flowers and even more grass, more trees, please? I think trees require less maintenance than supposed-to-be beautiful plants at the roundabout. Same with the flyover just outside RH Plaza. Don't you all think so?

That would create a feeling like the Hornbill is kept in its natural habitat, the jungle, cuz its in the middle of the jungle

Trees can be planted when the flyovers project completed, it's unfair to se Kuching , as the state of Sarawak being less developed. Its not that i againts nature or againts the green peace, but development is a must.

Posted on: 2008/1/18 21:59

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.