tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Kopi O Money
Just can't stay away
Dear Friends, Is this true? please advise.

"""If anyone is used to paying 'Kopi O Money' when stopped for traffic offences, DON'T Do This Again.

The Police traffic department has recently started a campaign to be rid of corruption. The police personnel on duty will be rewarded RM100.00 when they report each case to the department. This is how they trick you into it. They will note down the details of your IC/MyKad, and ask you how you want to settle (Paying Kopi O Money?). They will then report the incident by passing up the 'Kopi O Money' and get the RM100.00 in return for their good deed. You will end up having a summon issued to you.

DON'T PAY KOPI O MONEY, especially if you hope to go free with “kopi O” money.. Just beware of their
tricks because the cops are now clocking up 'cookies' points for their promotion and pay increment."""

Posted on: 2008/1/15 5:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kopi O Money
Home away from home
so tat's where our money went to. by rewarding RM 100 for each cases. Wow, wat a great deal. RM 100 reward for the police.

wat a shame, using money to encourage them to support the campaign. ain't that corruption too?

Posted on: 2008/1/15 8:43

Just can't stay away
is it only Police traffic department? How about those patrol police??

Posted on: 2008/1/15 9:57

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Video-Cam (pin-hole based) the activity and process of bribing.
Bring the video to court and sue the policeman back, by then both parties will get a fine and this is a win-win solution.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 10:35

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
Actually this kind of scheme is not advisable as those policemen who wan more money and fame will pretend that they wan Kopi-o but instead after taking ur kopi-o, they will report it to the ACA.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 12:26

Just popping in
Wow , if so then how much do the government need to pay for the police a day?RM100 of each case , if a police report 10 case then he can earned rm1000 just as simple as like that?

Posted on: 2008/1/15 14:14

Home away from home
this is an insult to our country n to their job n even to their principal, dignity and our respect to them. n with such issue, the younger generation's mindset will be twisted, n think that being a police is to receive awards for reporting bribery cases.

garbagement always come out with garbage schemes, campaign to show how garbage they are. this is such a shame.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 14:36

Just can't stay away
Your guys comments are generally disagree with this $100 rewards campaign. But I think differently.

This is in fact a very effective and quick way to solve the root problem.

No doubt the $100 a very attrative rewards to them, but if the traffic offender do not kopi-o them, how can they be awarded (of course the offender will receive summon at last).

Frankly speaking, kopi-o is indeed a bad culture in malaysia. Don't always blame gahmen for corruption, when we ourselves are one of them who corrupt the police officer too.

Its out of topic but sadly i must say,I dont know what happened to malaysia these recent years, if the gahmen still close their mind, and we still act like the past, I can guarantee you, we will lose to Indonesia in 10 years time.

A lots of contstructions work coming up in kuching, we taught we are progressing fast. We taught we are moving 2 steps ahead, we dont realise other people are moving 5 steps in parallel instead. We are still losing.

This is not a joking, but think twice.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 23:17

Just can't stay away
Quote:

fongjf wrote:
we will lose to Indonesia in 10 years time.

This not the first time I heard this quote, and I am worry too.

Recently also, feel like the enforcement are taking revenge on rakyat. Instead of deal with the problem. For example, to reduce rape case = rakyat don't ware sexy cloth. To reduce stilling = rakyat shouldn't shown their valuable... etc.

The way of handling this issue is just not right, no matter who give or take bribe.

Anyway, I am not sure this rm 100 campaign is real or not, just quoting my friend email. Can someone verify this??

Posted on: 2008/1/16 2:12

Just can't stay away
Basically this will only make thing worst. What i mean is if we know there are RM100 reward for them to report, means we need to give more than RM100 to 'settle'.

Posted on: 2008/1/16 8:28

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.