tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Damai Puri Resort
Just can't stay away
From London UK
Anyone been to this place since it has been renovated? I think it used to be the Holiday Inn Damai Lagoon if I am not mistaken and got some mixed reviews.

The web site looks very nice but of course you can't go by that but can't find any reviews of the place. I am thinking of spending some time there later in the year.

Any opinions gratefully received!

Posted on: 2008/1/24 19:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Damai Puri Resort
Home away from home
..stayed there few days after they just opened.. looks very nice, as u arrive there, they will serve u with a welcoming drink.. honey ginger.. and the interior is looks modern.. but the size of the room is quite small for a two bed room.. but when i stayed there they haven't finish the adult pool.. whats confirm is that its much better than the previous one.. oh, almost forgot.. the restaurant is so nice.. very high standard.. i malu-malu want to refill my plate because the environment was so high standard..huhu

Posted on: 2008/1/24 20:43

Home away from home
The resort was having only 1 wing opened since last Dec with the nice children pool. Only the cafe is opened with the lobby lounge. The rest is still not ready.

Another wing is due to be completed in March with the adult pool.

Spa village ( like those in Bali and Thailand) will be ready also in March.

They have totally revamped the service as they are 5-star now ( only 5 star resort in Sarawak). Very friendly staff. Their vision is to make the hotel to be a place where foreign tourist will come and enjoy. School holiday will be for the local who want to enjoy high standard holiday.

If I am not wrong, promotional price is two handred plus ringgit with breakfast for 2. Call up to enquire. 082-846900

http://www.damaipuriresort.com/index.html

Posted on: 2008/1/25 9:59

Home away from home
From sarawak
good news for tourism sector..so now we can talk about luxury seaside resort like karambunai..

seaside resort is the best in attracting those from china and korea as they love sea..this is wat i observed in sabah.even most of damai puri top management were selected from sabah high class hotel like shangrila and etc..

Posted on: 2008/1/25 11:39

Home away from home
They have big vision to be the best resort in the region. That's why they hire good people do a lot of training. They want to attract as many foreign tourists as possible.

The spa village will be off bound to the in house guest unless you make appointment. This is to maintain the serenity of the area.

Hopefully, they will be able to translate their vision into reality and be on par with the Balinese and Thai resorts.

Once the cable car project is up, it will be added attraction for them.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 13:50

Home away from home
From sarawak
tats sound great.By the way, read a statement by Datuk wan junaidi in Borneo post syaing that he want the cable car project to expedite.That project is very crucial to attract more tourist to Sarawak particularly kuching.It help to more enhance the damai peninsula.It will began from the SCV.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 15:49

Home away from home
About SCV, my friends went there last dec and commented that it was quite run down. What a waste. Hope they do something about it. It's a big attraction for foreigners.

Posted on: 2008/1/25 15:54

Just can't stay away
From London UK
Thanks for the comments. Just called them up and their Grand Opening is in April when most of the facilities should be complete. I was quoted RM 273 for garden view room and RM 308 for sea-view so by UK standards very cheap!

I agree with the comments about SCV. Not sure whether it will last although the opening of this hotel should bring a boost to their fortunes. I think they could be a little more adventurous about what they actually do there as it is indeed a bit run down and the cultural show goes on a bit too long - a lot of the audience when we were there left half way through!

Posted on: 2008/1/25 18:17

Home away from home
From Kuching
de RM273 and RM308 rate is nett wif breakfast included or jus de average rate ?

Posted on: 2008/1/26 11:15

see the bigger picture, think with your head, STOP being EMO...

Just can't stay away
From London UK
Not sure. I'll call them later and let you know.

Posted on: 2008/1/26 19:30

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.