tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
This is one heck of a great article by Borneo Post, The tired eye.
haha. you got to read this.

Just a note to others,
"Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah? ", means
"Your father's road is it?" in a sarcasm manner.

Resource here:
http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=31283

EYE received a torrent of emails in response to the Eye’s article early January about Kuchingites and their habit of rushing to newly opened places and creating massive traffic jams.

Most of the responses Eye received went on about the attitude of the locals when on the road. Some of these comments were received from Sarawakians living as far as the UK!

A reader who is currently residing in UK (the United Kingdom…not Ulu Kapit!) wrote to express how the locals here want to be part of everything, but will, after a while get tired of it. And in the midst of wanting to be part of everything, they forget that ‘everything’ includes simple road courtesy.

For example, caring parents who park along the roads of schools just so their kids do not have to walk the extra mile from their classrooms to their cars, everyday when school ends.

Of course, they’ll argue that there aren’t enough parking spaces where schools are concerned and that they have no choice, but to park along the roads, causing traffic congestions when schools let out.

Another reader expressed frustrations with the local drivers and the school jams. Besides that, she also highlighted several local ‘habits’ on the road.

This is what she wrote: “The one that irks me the most is when a slow driver drives on the right lane just because there’s a slower driver on the left lane. So, he doesn’t want to tag behind this tortoise but becomes a tortoise on the right lane, causing unnecessary jam. He is remarkably thick skinned because he just ignores all the flashes of headlights shown his way or the blaring honks by the angry drivers behind. In the end, other drivers have to overtake him using the left lane… .”

Other than that, there are also drivers who take their sweet time to move when the light turns green at the traffic lights, and the drivers who cut queue by squeezing in and out of every little leeway that they can find in traffic.

While many readers wrote in to complain of jams created after school hours, accidents and the opening of new places, it was Jina who brought up the issue of ‘vampire drivers’ where she wrote: “I have also come across some drivers who are so scared of the sunlight that at a traffic light, they will stop their vehicle under the shade of some tree or building, leaving a big space in front of them because there is no shade there. When you look their way, their faces have the expression that this is perfectly normal.”

Eye found this hilarious (but yet SO TRUE!) and it brought to mind what Eye would sometimes yell out at inconsiderate road users i.e. “Hoi! Lu ingat ini lu punya bapa punya jalan ka?”

Of course, don’t-lah say that when the road user happens to be the descendent of the person whom the road was really named after!

They’d probably retort by saying, “Memang saya punya bapa/datuk punya jalan ma!” Then you’d probably have to be quick enough to respond to that “Kalau lu punya bapa/datuk punya jalan, respect lah sikit!”

At most times, you’d probably be too stunned by the retort or won’t have the time to hit back with another smart-ass remark.

Anyway, back to the attitudes of local road users — Kurt, who happens to be a friend of the Eye says he wants to vaporise all road users who do not ‘pasang signal’ when they turn.

The Eye has run into more than its share of these drivers. You’re nicely driving along when the dude in front of you suddenly, without warning, takes a 90 degrees swing into a left junction.

There are also those who swing into your lane without signals or warning. And how about the two extremes of the ‘coming out of a junction’ drivers?

You know, those who, without care or regard for oncoming traffic shoot out of a junction without warning and then ever-so-SLOWLY shift gears and proceed on to their journey… SLOWLY.

The other extreme are the drivers who are so friggin’ scared to move out of junction that they create a jam behind them and then cause those behind to squeeze their way past them.

Now, the Eye’s friend, Kurt is an easily traumatised person. He used to get road bullied until he upgraded from his Malaysian made saloon to a big, mean and lean turbo 4WD.

Unfortunately, he still gets bullied on the road, because despite driving a big vehicle, he still maintains good etiquette on the road. Poor dude… this is what he gets for being courteous on the road.

Comments? The Tired Eye and gang can be reached at matalelah@yahoo.co.uk

Posted on: 2008/2/18 2:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
From in your mind
Driving in Kch can be traumatic.. or turn you into a roadraging maniac.

Posted on: 2008/2/18 8:19

Home away from home
Kurt may one day pull a gun and fire up the a*se of the freak in front. It's only a matter of time.

Posted on: 2008/2/18 8:30

Home away from home
yesterday after reading this article in the borneo post i went to do some shopping at satok... to my horror i got involve with a situation of brain-less driver (or perhaps thier brain temporarily placed in thier knee joint while driving). there is the one car wanted to reverse from parking lot without looking behind and nearly hit my car. what normally we do just give them a honk which what i actually did.. to my horror this dumbas** got MAD and turns into a ROTWEILLER (correct my spelling) and started to give nasty finger singnals. even one of the passanger wanted to get out of the car and fight with me... hello that is just a honk to make u aware that u r not using ur eyes to see coming cars... just with a simple honk makes u turn into incredible hulk makes me sick... come on lah.... if dun want ppl to honk u, drive carefully, look behind, left, right, front before u steer ur car... aiyohh./... dun understand what happen to kuchingites these days...

Posted on: 2008/2/18 10:37

Quite a regular
Now adays people tend to get angry easily especially on the road. Come on lah, no matter how fast you drive your car, you are still in Kuching, i reall hate drivers who don't know how to compromise and give way especially at the yellow box and at the traffic lights. If you see the traffic lights turn to yellow, do not drive ahead (especially at the long endless traffic) but STOP. I hope we teach good On-the-road habbits to our children.

Posted on: 2008/2/18 20:12

Home away from home
From Kuching
To me,everyone of us have to play our own role. In housing area, some teens likes to walk in a group and walk in the middle of the road.Then,they seems pretend you are invisible even do you try to drive through,they do nothing.I really want to ask them ,Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?

Posted on: 2008/2/18 23:02

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
For me, I'm quite a bad driver! I love cutting queues and overtake cars... Sorry to say that! Nothing to say liao! =.='' Shh... Keep quiet better!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/19 0:04

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak

Posted on: 2008/2/19 0:41

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Quote:

gerald wrote:

What's that supposed to mean? Haha!

Posted on: 2008/2/19 0:50