Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2008/1/10 23:59
From Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 1578
Offline
Quote:

gerald wrote:
??? why 130y? u looking down on 130y isit?


Yaya!!! Everything stock one la! Don't customize it!

Posted on: 2008/2/19 1:20
_________________
Life is SIMPLE, don't take it SERIOUSLY!!!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/19 16:33
From Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 1824
Offline
den how to boost 2.5 bar wor !

Posted on: 2008/2/19 1:22
_________________
randomshutter.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2008/1/10 23:59
From Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 1578
Offline
Quote:

gerald wrote:
den how to boost 2.5 bar wor !


Ya la! True also... Pai sei! Hahaha...

Posted on: 2008/2/19 1:26
_________________
Life is SIMPLE, don't take it SERIOUSLY!!!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/9 0:13
From Australia
Posts: 2669
Offline
Apparently, I learned to respect other drivers on the road when I started driving in Australia.

First, if you drive like a cock (like I did before in Kuching), you'll get speeding fine (when it says 60kmph, it means 60kmph!), red-light fine (when it turns amber, the wise thing is to just stop anyway!), I did, twice in less than 3 months last year, and each cost me almost $200.

Secondly, if you drive like a cock again, such as the story lines, the Australians, will get down their car, go to your window, and start spitting foul words and saliva at your face. No, it hasn't occurred to me, but I've seen it happened to someone else first hand.

Thirdly, if you drive like a cock again, such as cutting the cue, you'll get fine, you will get sweared at, you get daggers. That is if you dare to do it, even it means waiting at the queue of more than 1km away. You just wait in the line.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 9:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/9/25 15:51
From Kuching
Posts: 699
Offline
Quote:

edgar wrote:
Apparently, I learned to respect other drivers on the road when I started driving in Australia.

First, if you drive like a cock (like I did before in Kuching), you'll get speeding fine (when it says 60kmph, it means 60kmph!), red-light fine (when it turns amber, the wise thing is to just stop anyway!), I did, twice in less than 3 months last year, and each cost me almost $200.

Secondly, if you drive like a cock again, such as the story lines, the Australians, will get down their car, go to your window, and start spitting foul words and saliva at your face. No, it hasn't occurred to me, but I've seen it happened to someone else first hand.

Thirdly, if you drive like a cock again, such as cutting the cue, you'll get fine, you will get sweared at, you get daggers. That is if you dare to do it, even it means waiting at the queue of more than 1km away. You just wait in the line.


Ya, my driving etiquette improved tremendously during my years overseas. I was intially extremely pissed off by the attitude of drivers when I returned to Kuching but over time, you kinda get used to it. Furthermore, unlike in Australia, if you dare to tell off some of the dodgy drivers back here, you're likely to get yourself into a lot of trouble. Just try to observe all the proper driving rules and etiquette while on the road and be extra alert for those beng-beng boyracers or the half-asleep ah kong/ah mas meandering between lanes and you'll be fine...

Posted on: 2008/2/19 10:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/1/9 0:13
From Australia
Posts: 2669
Offline
And also, I learned to be more patient when driving on the road.

Even when the driver in front of you are driving so slow on the outside lane, if you are driving in metropolitan area, you can only go 'THAT' fast.

Seriously, unless you are driving on the expressway, but at metropolitan streets, everytime I over took someone or speed up against the tortoise, we'll meet again at the lights.

That is nothing but embarrassment. So if someone is driving slow, and no where to run, just drive slow, will catch up again later at the next set of lights anyway.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 11:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2008/1/10 23:59
From Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 1578
Offline
Quote:

edgar wrote:
And also, I learned to be more patient when driving on the road.

Even when the driver in front of you are driving so slow on the outside lane, if you are driving in metropolitan area, you can only go 'THAT' fast.

Seriously, unless you are driving on the expressway, but at metropolitan streets, everytime I over took someone or speed up against the tortoise, we'll meet again at the lights.

That is nothing but embarrassment. So if someone is driving slow, and no where to run, just drive slow, will catch up again later at the next set of lights anyway.


You can't even honk them?! Australia is much worse than in Kuching??!

Posted on: 2008/2/19 11:35
_________________
Life is SIMPLE, don't take it SERIOUSLY!!!
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/12/31 15:02
From in your mind
Posts: 454
Offline
I never had the need to honked at any drivers on Aussie roads, either for their slowness or for their bad driving. Ppl are generally more courteous, they give way to you, they acknowledge with a wave when you give way to them.. generally law-abiding ppl. Of course, there ARE the occasional bad apples on the road (I noticed mostly Asian international students, i.e rich spoilt M'sians and Indonesians with messed up cars).. but statistically not as much as M'sian drivers.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 11:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/9/25 15:51
From Kuching
Posts: 699
Offline
Patience I think is a virtue, whether on or off the road. Besides, all that overtaking and driving like a mad fellow will hardly save you that much time. As Edgar pointed out, traffic lights will negate any advantage you've gained, unless you zoom past red lights as well.

Posted on: 2008/2/19 11:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Lu punya bapa punya jalan kah?
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/9/25 15:51
From Kuching
Posts: 699
Offline
Quote:

WinteRose wrote:
Of course, there ARE the occasional bad apples on the road (I noticed mostly Asian international students, i.e rich spoilt M'sians and Indonesians with messed up cars).. but statistically not as much as M'sian drivers.


hahahahaha....this brings back a lot of memories. You missed out another group, the quintessential Hongkie auntie driving their Volvos at 45km/hr!!

Posted on: 2008/2/19 11:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]