KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: How to get to Kuching?
Home away from home
MJC more or less is working right now cos of the hi-end houses, condo and apartments being build there.

i think the most waste of space is the Padungan Travilion. memang sayang la that place. :)

Posted on: 2008/2/21 9:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

QAE8687 wrote:
Quote:

kiko wrote:
Quote:

QAE8687 wrote:
Quote:

kiko wrote:
kuching is a big city indeed but less people..we spread all over..

To other states, Kuching is counted small and you can easily find anyone you want to know in Kuching. Kuching is like a cute little cat that goes Meow~~~!

tat is my point actually..due to our low population, we tend to meet each other anywhere we go since there is less people and less place to hang out.But if u look at the size, kuching is very big.

Yeah very big in terms of shophouses! Kakakaka... What a wasted land making shophouses that so many people don't buy at all! You can see like MJC, so many shops that didn't sell out!

Who said shophouses are useless? Shophouses had always been the strategic place for businesses especially in Kuching which made us unique although it sux as it expanded the entire Kuching / Sarawak area, but that's our culture. My relative got ten or more shophouses invested and to my surprise, rentals can go as far as RM800-RM1500 per month (depends on location). o_O

Posted on: 2008/2/21 10:21

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

edgar wrote:
Why is it not the government's responsibility? They have development planner panels who should have made aware of these problems.

But no, they are more than happy to re-create another attempt for a new high density commercial area, the Isthmus. The mistake from the MJC is still evident, the creation of another high density township may not always work.

Would u prefer if kuching is just concentrate at current CBD and expand up to only pending with all those condo and office tower while the whole batu kawa road is a secondary jungle and even all the way heading to the airport is also jungle?

opening of new township means more dev will comin to that area.Without more shophouses in 7th mile, gov wouldnt upgrade the current 7th muile & 6th mile roundabout and what use of upgrading the current batu kawa road into a double lane highway if theres jungle all over?Think about it.They've think the impact earlier than us. Those planners working at the city council and states planning units are mostly chinese graduate from overseas.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 11:21

Home away from home
I think the topic has diverted from answering monce's question (and many other prospective visitors to the city) on how to get to Kuching, where to stay, what to eat and what to see while there.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 11:34

Home away from home
From sarawak
sory..yea should back to basic..

Posted on: 2008/2/21 11:35

Home away from home
From Kuching
MJC is a project undertaken by the private sector. The State Government, in the form of the State Planning Authority is only there to approve the development, nothing more nothing less. Agreed, there is an obvious over-supply of shophouses in and around Kuching at the moment but the market forces will rectify this in due course. Sure, most developers stick to the tried and tested albeit boring formula of terrace/semi-detached houses plus a few blocks of shophouses in a mixed development but then again, if there is no demand, they will not be so stupid as to dump in massive amount of $$$ to construct these buildings right? So, no point in complaining about the products when the demand from the investors/purchasers are still there. Things will surely change as we experience increased growth and changing levels of sophistication in the population.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 11:36

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

Downsouth wrote:
I think the topic has diverted from answering monce's question (and many other prospective visitors to the city) on how to get to Kuching, where to stay, what to eat and what to see while there.

Agreed, previous rant was posted before reading this.

Posted on: 2008/2/21 11:38

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Quote:

bytez wrote:
Quote:

QAE8687 wrote:
Quote:

kiko wrote:
Quote:

QAE8687 wrote:
Quote:

kiko wrote:
kuching is a big city indeed but less people..we spread all over..

To other states, Kuching is counted small and you can easily find anyone you want to know in Kuching. Kuching is like a cute little cat that goes Meow~~~!

tat is my point actually..due to our low population, we tend to meet each other anywhere we go since there is less people and less place to hang out.But if u look at the size, kuching is very big.

Yeah very big in terms of shophouses! Kakakaka... What a wasted land making shophouses that so many people don't buy at all! You can see like MJC, so many shops that didn't sell out!

Who said shophouses are useless? Shophouses had always been the strategic place for businesses especially in Kuching which made us unique although it sux as it expanded the entire Kuching / Sarawak area, but that's our culture. My relative got ten or more shophouses invested and to my surprise, rentals can go as far as RM800-RM1500 per month (depends on location). o_O

You also know how to say depends on location loo! =.='' I only go to MJC when I need to buy small fishes to feed my fish. Other than that, you will never see me going to MJC. Hate that place... Ish ish... Travillion is still OK I think, coz the building structure is well much better than any others. Premier 101, MJC, the one opposite Saberkas and etc. looks nothing much but a deserted building and area.

The worst of all is the one opposite Saberkas. You can see 4 or 5 rows of shophouses. Man,... How many units are being occupied only?! As I drive over everyday, it's not more than 10 units are being occupied. Everything also need to blame to the government la! LAME LAME LAME! I hate doing shopping in shophouses. MJC is a wasted land that built with stupid shophouses, you can even see lots of problems from there, gangsterism specially in fighting! =.=''

Peace man, peace! We shall talk but not fight, we shall debate but not cry!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/21 13:58

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

QAE8687 wrote:

You also know how to say depends on location loo! =.='' I only go to MJC when I need to buy small fishes to feed my fish. Other than that, you will never see me going to MJC. Hate that place... Ish ish... Travillion is still OK I think, coz the building structure is well much better than any others. Premier 101, MJC, the one opposite Saberkas and etc. looks nothing much but a deserted building and area.

The worst of all is the one opposite Saberkas. You can see 4 or 5 rows of shophouses. Man,... How many units are being occupied only?! As I drive over everyday, it's not more than 10 units are being occupied. Everything also need to blame to the government la! LAME LAME LAME! I hate doing shopping in shophouses. MJC is a wasted land that built with stupid shophouses, you can even see lots of problems from there, gangsterism specially in fighting! =.=''

Peace man, peace! We shall talk but not fight, we shall debate but not cry!!!

we should be grateful of shop houses in kuching since most of them carry small markets around the neighbourhood. btw, where are you? hop up!

Posted on: 2008/4/16 13:53

Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

monce wrote:
wow, thanks for all the infos!

i'll be going on vacation with my family so i'll probably be looking for a 3-star hotel in the city center (so it will be easier to visit tourist spots, right???)

my family and i are true cat lovers so we can't wait to see the 'cat monument' and the 'cat gallery/museum'... any other cat things to see??

so how's the feedback of kuching huh? hope she's active here for feedbacks.

Posted on: 2008/4/16 13:55

Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.