tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 »

Re: KK First Borneo - The largest in Borneo...so Impressive
Home away from home
From Kuching
actually its not too ambitious kk have far better market compared to any places in sarawak due to their heavy traffic of tourist around the world. as we know sabah is famous for their tourist destinations and we also know investors are not that stupid to invest business in a certain place if there isnt any opportunity as they spend thousands of dollar hiring all those professionals from marketing and related field. if u ever been to kk maybe u can stay in the air-port for a few days and compared to our kuching airport and you will see HUGE different.

Posted on: 2008/10/25 23:45

Home away from home
Quote:

joshall wrote:
So, Kuching will always be far behind KK or even other much smaller cities in term of our shopping power. The only two solutions are:
1. attract MORE and MORE foreign tourists;

How to attract more tourist...that is the question, and the answer is another question: How far are the STB & Sarawak Govt willing to go to attract more tourist.

If you look at KK, it mainly attract more tourist by focusing on its mount climbing and diving spots. Shopping malls are just there as accessories, added features to make the tourist stay more comfortable and enjoyable. After all, tourist don't just go the to climb or dive. After a hectic day of outdoor activities, they would love to go back to the modern life for relaxation.

I remember some 10 years ago on my flight from Sydney to KL there is this English guy sitting next to me, he flew all the way to KL just to joint the Interhash run in KL. Imagine that, a running and drinking activity able to attract someone from halfway across the globe to KL.

So what does Kuching have to attract tourist from across the globe? It has the Rainforrest and Headhunters mystique, plus the the Brunei Sultan and the White Rajah's romantic conquest of Sarawak. These are some great ingredients to create epic tales to awe tourist from the Western world and North Asia, where the deep pocketed tourists comes from.

The question remains, how far is STB willing to go?

Posted on: 2008/10/27 11:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching
I think it should be "1 Borneo" instead of First Borneo. (never heard of First Borneo hehehehehe just joking)

I go to KK like every month. The last time I went there was 2 weeks ago. And when there is too many crowd and cars around, guys, I tell you it is no more fun like tHe Spring anymore. Is was so damp jam and I was confused the way to the car park. It is so many cars queue up and really wasted my time there. But when I went in I dont like it because the crowd is too big and it looks messy. Even they have more branded outlet then Spring, and more choices, but personally I prefer just a medium size of mall like Spring. Too big is a problem. When reach 10pm when everyone going back from work at 1 Borneo, you need to make a U turn back to the city and there is only one way U turn. Imagine you have to stuck in the jam like 30 min to reach your turn.

But anyway 1 Borneo concept is good. For me its too big that I dont really can browse the whole mall and from one place to another is too far. Hm........but one good thing I like about 1 Borneo is, the GSC is REALLY GREAT! So that the only place I go when I go to 1 Borneo. Cheers!

Posted on: 2008/10/27 21:54

Home away from home
From Terra
I believe the name is 1 Borneo. Didn't notice the typo. Meh.

A big mess, eh? Looks like bigger is not always better when traffic management goes bottom up. Sounds me of Midvalley and the chaos just to get in and out, and the big turns you have to make once you miss your entrance/exit. Big malls can and do work, but only if you plan it well. Pavilion and Siam Paragon are huge malls yet they cope well and you don't feel squashed.

Sarawak has been promoted outside well, but to a select crowd, especially in Western Europe. There's even a Sarawak Society over there, to promote the interests of Sarawak and bring together people who have a passion for Sarawak.

Posted on: 2008/10/27 22:06

Just popping in
From Kuala lumpur
hi everyone, if i were you, i would not be "jealous" of this thing called one borneo, or first borneo..whichever you called it. i've been there so many time. nothing impress me. they just build it for the sake of having the biggest mall. quite messy inside and outside. maybe because of the construction is still going on. maybe not. when i go to the washroom, it suprises me that the door were mostly broken. (thank heaven they fixed it now)and the cleaner is sure one of the angriest cleaner i've ever met. she thrown the mop to the floor when i enter the washroom. aiyo..kalau taknak kerja, jgn kerja la makcik. saya bayar ma..bukan saya masuk free. in my humble opinion..(ceh, humble konon), 1B is not the best mall i've ever been in,it may be the biggest, but not necessarily the best..hmm, that makcik still linger on my mine.why ha..

Posted on: 2008/10/29 4:08

Quite a regular
no need to follow Sabah or other state....i have been all the state in Malaysia but development of their cities very worse plan. KL, Penang and Kuching have their identity. KK is far behind us. Nothing to proud with largest mall but their own city folk still fight with lower daily paid, better road, clean city, etc.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 11:40

Home away from home
From sarawak
ive been 2 1 borneo twice last year and yea, nothing impress me much of the mall and its didnt look classy like the spring do. i went there just to buy things at giant. others, hmm...nothing special. i didnt plan to buy expensive things since i rather goin back to kuching to buy things. Btw, wat to be proud of since lots of those renting there are not sabahan. as for the spring, even ta kiong is local. means that we give our local pepople chances to upgrade themself instead of depending on international or outside investor

Posted on: 2009/2/4 12:28

Home away from home
that;s the beauty of sarawak, we give chance to our own ppl to do their business. look at ta kiong, ever rise, CCK, STar cineplex, sugar bun to name a few.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 20:12

Home away from home
From Kitty City
It is indeed 1 (ONE) Borneo instead of first Borneo.

I was there because I love Tune hotels, hah~ Oh and by the way, GSC is available in town, you don't really need to go that far to One Borneo for it.

For tourists, one thing good about 1 Borneo is that they have a shuttle service from the town, departing at Warisan Square (owned by the same boss).

Posted on: 2009/2/5 7:42

Home away from home
From sarawak
GSC is available in town??wat do u mean??

Posted on: 2009/2/5 8:05

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]