KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Bkk-KCH by AK and MAS Via KL and BKK-JHB by AK...price so difference
Home away from home
Taking AK flight from BKK to KCH via KL costs nearly RM900 while BKK-JHB cost only RM80...what the hell......If you take BKK to KCH via KL by MAS, it costs RM2000....looks like double standard for people who wish to travel from SArawak or East MAlaysia....WHen there will be more direct flights flying from KUching...I wish soon Kuching -BKK...Tony AK seems like only cakap tia nia and no sound....

Posted on: 2008/3/5 9:15

Re: Bkk-KCH by AK and MAS Via KL and BKK-JHB by AK...price so difference
Home away from home
From Kuching
well, taking transit flights are most of the time more expensive than direct flights. i hope there is KCH-BKK direct flight soon too.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 10:41

Home away from home
From Kuching
The flight is pretty much depending on the load factor and marketing. If AK is going to introduce that flight, and the load factor is not high, it could be withdrawn soon.

Kuching - Macau flight was never proposed by AK. It was proposed by the Sarawak Tourism. Good thing is the route is making good load factor and they are going to introduce daily flight beginning of the October 2008.

If Kuching - Bangkok flight is introduced, I do hope that Sarawak Tourism is doing their best to promote this flight. Even if this flight's frequency is not added in the future, it should be sustained.

So far, I think Sarawak Tourism has been doing their best to sustain some of the routes, particularly the new resumed flight of Bandar Seri Begawan - Kuching by Royal Brunei Airlines.

I did compare the statistic of tourists arrival of Sarawak and Sabah. It seems like Sarawak has recorder nearly the same total tourists arrival or even has exceeded Sabah's. One reason why Sabah is getting new flights with higher frequency is KK is a better connection to many points of international locations. They are also having higher frequency of flights on the same route plied in Kuching.

Kuching could be a better hub, only if someone here will strike for it. Cheers.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 10:53

Home away from home
Quote:

mike86 wrote:
The flight is pretty much depending on the load factor and marketing. If AK is going to introduce that flight, and the load factor is not high, it could be withdrawn soon.

Kuching - Macau flight was never proposed by AK. It was proposed by the Sarawak Tourism. Good thing is the route is making good load factor and they are going to introduce daily flight beginning of the October 2008.

If Kuching - Bangkok flight is introduced, I do hope that Sarawak Tourism is doing their best to promote this flight. Even if this flight's frequency is not added in the future, it should be sustained.

So far, I think Sarawak Tourism has been doing their best to sustain some of the routes, particularly the new resumed flight of Bandar Seri Begawan - Kuching by Royal Brunei Airlines.

I did compare the statistic of tourists arrival of Sarawak and Sabah. It seems like Sarawak has recorder nearly the same total tourists arrival or even has exceeded Sabah's. One reason why Sabah is getting new flights with higher frequency is KK is a better connection to many points of international locations. They are also having higher frequency of flights on the same route plied in Kuching.

Kuching could be a better hub, only if someone here will strike for it. Cheers.

yeah, they gotta sustain the flights too!

Posted on: 2008/3/5 12:31

Home away from home
From Kuching
gotta agree, we have to sustain this flights.

Btw Mike86, Why do you think KCH could be a better hub. A better hub as compared to KK?

Posted on: 2008/3/5 23:37

Home away from home
From Kuching
Kuching is nearer to Australia, people always say the Kangaroo routes, which means the transit point, and Kuching can be one of it. If and only if Kuching is a rapid city, we can fight with Singapore and Kuala Lumpur hubs.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 0:49

Home away from home
From Sydney
Doubt if Kuching will ever latch on to the fabled Kangaroo Route.

Singapore is the obvious winner, Bangkok a very close second with Kuala Lumpur diverting as much traffic as it can to KLIA.

While we may be closer to Australia, it isn't in the best interest of the Federal Government to divert some traffic away from KLIA. Bad enough KLIA is not achieving the projected passenger numbers for 2007, and 10 million passengers by 2010? Hah!

Jakarta is a rapid city and the defacto capital of ASEAN, larger than Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok, and closer to Australia, yet it isn't even in the Kangaroo Route stopover.

Besides, Hong Kong is on the Kangaroo Route via Cathay Pacific and Virgin Atlantic from Sydney to London. Dubai is the next contender, with London-Dubai-Sydney on Emirates.

At current, KL only has Malaysia Airlines doing the kangaroo route while Bangkok has Thai, British Airways, Austrian and Qantas; and Singapore has Singapore Airlines, Emirates, BA and Qantas.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 0:55

Home away from home
From Kuching
Jakarta could not make it due to the low quality of the airport. As for KL, it has a high chance to win over the Jetstar's hub.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 0:57

Home away from home
From Sydney
KL technically is Jetstar's new international hub.

If you think Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta is bad, you have yet to see Melbourne Tullamarine. At times, I fear the ceiling would collapse on my head. Kuching's old terminal was in better shape.

Sydney's airport is nothing to be proud about, Adelaide's is actually quite nice, London Heathrow's new Terminal 5 would be a welcome departure from the squalid conditions of Terminal 4.

It's not so much the quality of the airport building, but more on what the airport can offer to the airlines, from competitive landing fees to passenger loads, that would affect the attractiveness of landing there.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 1:06

Home away from home
Yea, Sydney and London airports dont reflect the status of the cities.
Amsteram's Schiphol is very nice though

Posted on: 2008/3/6 8:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.