tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Misuse Power [Now Powerless?]
Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Dr M misused strength: PM

He misused his strengths and influence to the extent of undermining Umno, says Abdullah

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, while acknowledging that his predecessor Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has strengths and influence, yesterday pointedly stated that the latter had misused these to the extent of undermining Umno.

The Umno president and Prime Minister who had before said that he would not bow to pressure for him to step down, also answered the criticisms levelled against him by Dr Mahathir.

Speaking to reporters after a briefing for the Umno information machinery on the outcome of the recent general election, the usually reticent Abdullah showed a different side of him.

“Tun Dr Mahathir said he was strong, but he has misused that strength. When Barisan Nasional (BN) won big in the 2004 general election, he said (BN was) too strong, not good, needed to have opposition.

“In the recent elections when the opposition did well (winning 82 of the 222 parliamentary seats), we thought he would be celebrating, but he hit out at us instead. Why? You shouldn’t win too many (seats) then, and now you shouldn’t win a few?” said Abdullah.

Asked whether he would fight head-on with Dr Mahathir based on the tone of his statement, Abdullah said: “I say what I only need to say, and don’t say what I don’t need to.”

Abdullah said he was aware that the people wanted him to start addressing issues that were important to them so that Umno would remain strong and have the people’s confidence.

He also refuted the claim by some quarters that he was a softy and left all the decisions to his son-in-law Khairy Jamaluddin.

“Under my leadership, they say there is no freedom, but at the same say that I am ‘lembik’ (soft). Scared of the ‘si lembik’ (the softy)? The rest are all stupid. Only Khairy is clever,” he said, referring to Dr Mahathir’s accusation that Abdullah allowed himself to be influenced by his son-in-law in running the country and in making decisions.

“This accusation is baseless,” he said, adding that when Dr Mahathir was prime minister, the government imposed certain restrictions like asking the press not to use the pictures of former prime minister Tun Hussein Onn.

On the offer by Gua Musang Member of Parliament Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah to contest the Umno president’s post in the party elections in December, with the aim of restoring Umno, Abdullah said the Kelantan Umno leader needed to look at himself first and why BN failed to wrest the state from PAS.

“Ku Li (Tengku Razaleigh) should look at himself, as he was the cause of Kelantan falling into the hands of PAS. While PAS ruled Kelantan, he did once try to win back the state for BN but he failed.”

Kelantan fell to PAS in 1990 by cooperating with Semangat 46 led by Tengku Razaleigh then. In the 2004 general election, BN almost wrest back the state when it won 21 of the 45 state seats and one more seat when it won the Pengkalan Pasir by-election in 2005.

Abdullah said he had also been informed that Tengku Razaleigh did not assist BN in the March 8 general election.

He also said that he had no problems with his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Razak and that he would be his successor “when the time comes”.

— Bernama

source

I'd say ALL OF THEM misuse their strength as well in the country, non of them are eligible for developing this country, uhm well except Mahathir, who really contribute to Malaysia's economy but still, dirty works aloud to them!

Posted on: 2008/4/7 17:29

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Misuse Power [Now Powerless?]
Home away from home
From Kch
They forgot how they used to kiss Dr M's ass when he was still in power.

M'sian politics. Pfft.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 18:50
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Quote:

Fuyu wrote:
They forgot how they used to kiss Dr M's ass when he was still in power.

M'sian politics. Pfft.

Yalo... Hahaha! Superb point by Fuyu!

Posted on: 2008/4/7 22:12

Home away from home
From Kuching
I'm just wondering whether we'll see Taib acting like Dr M when the time comes for him to finally step down as CM of Sarawak.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 22:27

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Quote:

dckw wrote:
I'm just wondering whether we'll see Taib acting like Dr M when the time comes for him to finally step down as CM of Sarawak.

I think worse. He'll act vicious... Run down the hill of Kuching and uphill! That time not only we call him White Hair, we can call him Lion White Hair from 7th mile!

Posted on: 2008/4/7 22:29

Home away from home
From Sydney
Mahathir has done more in a term in office compared to Badawi in his current 1++. Mahathir brings obvious change, Badawi, you don't see much apart from rising prices.

Anyway...Mahathir does not have any power at the moment, just influence. I wouldn't say Mahathir is undermining UMNO, just stating the obvious and critizising, like all season retired politicians do.

Want to have a sneak peak at what Lord White Hair would do once he 'retires'? Just sit down and watch what Putin is doing right now...a young protege, his successor, working the Kremlin...or is it?

Posted on: 2008/4/7 23:28

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Wish Mahathir was the PM again...

Posted on: 2008/4/7 23:30

Home away from home
From Sydney
The we would be having a new Kuching International Airport in Matang, as was originally planned by Mahathir, a Putrajaya Monorail (why??), a new curved crossing into Singapore and an even louder voice on the world stage.

Mahathir doesn't seem to be misusing his power, he's just doing what he does best: opening his mouth and voicing his opinions as loudly as possible. Australia, UK and the US have all felt his wrath, and it's about time Malaysian politics feel his roar once more.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 23:34

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
Hail, Tun Dr Mahathir!

Posted on: 2008/4/7 23:37

Home away from home
From Kch
The so-called curved bridge to S'pore was a total joke that had parties in both sides of the strait laughing. Idea from a senile old man, they say.

Posted on: 2008/4/7 23:38
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]