tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Are our opticians qualified?
Just can't stay away
If you are talking about a machine that has been used for the last 10 years without upgrading, the result will not be accurate for sure. But if you are talking about a latest version of improved equipment, I don't see any reason why the accuracy is not there.

Remember, NEVER save money on buying a good pair of spectacles, sunglasses or contact lenses.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 11:33

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

fongjf wrote:
If you are talking about a machine that has been used for the last 10 years without upgrading, the result will not be accurate for sure. But if you are talking about a latest version of improved equipment, I don't see any reason why the accuracy is not there.

Remember, NEVER save money on buying a good pair of spectacles, sunglasses or contact lenses.

because you wear specs too! hehe!

Posted on: 2008/4/18 12:05

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Doctors still prefer measuring our blood pressure using manual ones even though there are automatic blood pressure machines in the market. And I don't think it's an outdated ones. We are talking about measurements of human body which fluctuates over the day. It's not like tuning your ECU in your car using the hi tech machine.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 12:55

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

ahfeiko wrote:
..normally,after they use the modern digital Nikon testing machine,they still have to resort to using the bulky"mad scientist" interchangeable spec at the last testing.

The shop I go to, they skip the machine testing and just go straight to the interchangeable specs.

Quote:

fongjf wrote:
[/b]

I don't think that the latest version will be 100% accurate as well.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 17:15

Home away from home
Quote:

KiLL HAnnAH wrote:
The shop I go to, they skip the machine testing and just go straight to the interchangeable specs.

I wonder if they skip the machine testing becos they don't have one or no budget to buy.
Anyway which shop is that?

Posted on: 2008/4/19 11:30

Home away from home
From The Dreaming
Quote:

kapiskum wrote:
Quote:

KiLL HAnnAH wrote:

I wonder if they skip the machine testing becos they don't have one or no budget to buy.
Anyway which shop is that?

I can't remember if they have one but don't use it or they memang just don't have one. But I don't mind either way cos I never like the machines.

It's the shop next to Sky Bookstore at Padungan. Thiam Ming. My mum's friend wan.

Posted on: 2008/4/20 17:07

Not too shy to talk
i just can say, even the latest machine also won't be 100% accurate. it will just closely to your actual degree with many fact effecting the value. We still need to go for the interchangeable spec to determine the actual one.

Even the machine gives u the actual degree also doesn't mean u will feel comfortable with that... so still need to go for the interchangeable.

For the certificate thingy, i don't think it's useful, cause yeah.. the shop owner or he might hired one certified optician... but do u think the guy that examine for u is really that person...?

Posted on: 2008/4/21 9:28

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.