KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Tourism In Kuching
Not too shy to talk
Kuching has a lot to offer, but we don't have a GOOD promotion or tourism team to promote ourself.

Look at KK, they have formed a very strong local team, Malay, Chinese and Kadazans who work together to promote their city, their shopping malls, and their natures.

We have only some Iban or Bidayuh people who works FOR Taib Mahmud to 'promote' our Bako and Orang Utans. We don't have good strategy to promote. It is very sad. We are very very far behind KK in almost everything.

Posted on: 2008/5/18 1:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From canada
Many foreigners visit this site....Kuching Travel Information Site. This is an excellent place to make YOUR contribution to promote your city, and the state as a whole. Don't bitch or wait for TM & Co. to do it. Post meaningful, interesting & juicy topics that will arouse the reader, instead of repetetive mundane stuff. Photos ... each can say a thousand words, should be posted here more frequently.

Posted on: 2008/5/18 8:16

Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

reid wrote:
Many foreigners visit this site....Kuching Travel Information Site. This is an excellent place to make YOUR contribution to promote your city, and the state as a whole. Don't bitch or wait for TM & Co. to do it. Post meaningful, interesting & juicy topics that will arouse the reader, instead of repetetive mundane stuff. Photos ... each can say a thousand words, should be posted here more frequently.

im totally agree with u..recently this web has been a complaint site not a way to attract tourist and give good impression about our city and state.

as for joshall,i think ur concept was wrong.even sabahan didnt really work for their tourism but their natural beauty give them more advantage.our STB spent more and do more if u wanna compare but due to lack of nature beauty (i admit) we cant really attarct repeat tourist.

Posted on: 2008/5/18 9:12

Home away from home
Hear hear!

Posted on: 2008/5/18 9:40

Home away from home
From canada
kiko ... here's where your mental state of mind is defective, to put it bluntly. Being pessimistic of your city/state by asserting that there is a lack of natural beauty is a wrong assumption. What exactly do you consider as beauty? Is it because Kuching is not by the sea like KK is? Or because you don't have a Mt Kinabalu as a backdrop? Surely you have many other assets that can be developed.

Investigate what's the most unique feature of your city is & work from there. Why not start a topic say, on turtles eggs here and elaborate with lots of pictures and info to fascinate foreigners who know very little or nothing of it.

Out here where I am, your consulate doesn't seem to care to promote M'sia. I have never seen or heard of any function thrown by them to the effect. People here do know one thing ... your food, as there are M'sian eating outlets just about everywhere.

It's thus, all the more reason for folks like you to do your part from home. Don't you get tired talking about your malls?

Posted on: 2008/5/18 10:14

Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

reid wrote:
kiko ... here's where your mental state of mind is defective, to put it bluntly. Being pessimistic of your city/state by asserting that there is a lack of natural beauty is a wrong assumption. What exactly do you consider as beauty? Is it because Kuching is not by the sea like KK is? Or because you don't have a Mt Kinabalu as a backdrop? Surely you have many other assets that can be developed.

Investigate what's the most unique feature of your city is & work from there. Why not start a topic say, on turtles eggs here and elaborate with lots of pictures and info to fascinate foreigners who know very little or nothing of it.

Out here where I am, your consulate doesn't seem to care to promote M'sia. I have never seen or heard of any function thrown by them to the effect. People here do know one thing ... your food, as there are M'sian eating outlets just about everywhere.

It's thus, all the more reason for folks like you to do your part from home. Don't you get tired talking about your malls?

Dear reid, im agree with you. As u know, we've put the talang-talang island and bako national park (not to mention mulu) on the tourist map for long. although it do create tourist awreness and yes they come to visit it but how true is the fact that people wanna visit ur orang utan or rainforest again and again if not becoz of other natural beauty like seaside or crystal water island ?

Im not as blunt as u think as me myself visiting KK again and again with fellow colleague due to the nice crystal water and snorkeling.U cant denied tat!!ive been on a flight from seoul to kk last march 2007 and meeting with those korean teenagers and just wed couple. We have a small chat on the plane and they really admit that the nice blue sea is their main attraction. We're not like singapore who has excellent man made park and zoo..

Posted on: 2008/5/18 11:05

Home away from home
From sarawak
Sarawak reaches out to China

Hong Kong (2008, Feb)

SARAWAK Tourism Board (STB) and 11 tourism companies are in Macau, Hong Kong and Shenzhen to meet local tour operators and agents keen to sell the destination.

STB CEO, Ms Gracie Veronica Geikie, said this inaugural roadshow was organised as a result of improved air connection. "Last December, Air Asia opened a daily direct flight between Macau and Kuching", she said.

Sarawak receives mostly domestic visitors. However, about 19,000 visitors came from China last year, up 16 per cent from 2006.

The Board expects to double or even triple the figure in the next few years.

Sarawak currently has a limited supply of hotels, which have an average occupancy rate of about 72 per cent. But new hotels flying the flags of international brands such as Novotel and Sheraton will soon open.

Now guys, play ur part..the STB has play their part and hope anyone of us here to be creative and bring out any new tourism products. We cant just rely solely on the gov, we should contribute 2.

Posted on: 2008/5/18 14:20

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

kiko wrote:
Sarawak reaches out to China

Hong Kong (2008, Feb)

SARAWAK Tourism Board (STB) and 11 tourism companies are in Macau, Hong Kong and Shenzhen to meet local tour operators and agents keen to sell the destination.

STB CEO, Ms Gracie Veronica Geikie, said this inaugural roadshow was organised as a result of improved air connection. "Last December, Air Asia opened a daily direct flight between Macau and Kuching", she said.

Sarawak receives mostly domestic visitors. However, about 19,000 visitors came from China last year, up 16 per cent from 2006.

The Board expects to double or even triple the figure in the next few years.

Sarawak currently has a limited supply of hotels, which have an average occupancy rate of about 72 per cent. But new hotels flying the flags of international brands such as Novotel and Sheraton will soon open.

Now guys, play ur part..the STB has play their part and hope anyone of us here to be creative and bring out any new tourism products. We cant just rely solely on the gov, we should contribute 2.

Thanks kiko for the news, what is their target tourism product in Sarawak actually?

Posted on: 2008/5/18 15:02

Home away from home
From sarawak
well besides the SCV, they should put more effort on borneo highlands, batang ai and ofcourse, bako..but i feel tat once the bakun completed, it will be a huge tourism product.

Posted on: 2008/5/18 16:35

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

bytez wrote:
Quote:

Downsouth wrote:
Does Sarawak has any white water stream? White Water Rafting should be popular with thrill seekers and a potential income generating industry for the operator and sarawak tourism.

And you can always combine that with Bungee Jumping, Forest Trekking, etc.

Good Idea.

The other day I saw a documentary they introduce Laos as their destination and wow, guess what, there are tons of water / river activities going on around and what puzzled me was the foreigner itself. Mind to say there are tons of them enjoying these activities along.... They wander on the river flowing a few hundred of metres from start to end (I think one big round), and mini acrobat jump that swings along a few metre and jump if u like that kinda thing. So exotic I'd say! Besides, they can even stop by the riverside and grab a glass of beer and continue on the flow. wow! cool huh!

More...

Ever heard of Hungary's Hévíz Spa? Man... we should build something like that to attract the crowds since we already have one untouched somewhere near the border of indonesia...

Take a look at the video of how their spa look like

Here is one the documentary that I always watched. But this video is not a complete one due to the author himself was too inspired by 'something. *ahem* Oh well, check out the cave spa (nature + artificially made). video here Language : Cantonese (originally mandarin)

Posted on: 2008/6/11 0:47

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.