tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: MAS: One mln ‘zero fare’ to all domestic routes
Home away from home
From Terra
They talk about being a full service carrier. Admittedly, their onboard Business Class is really, really, really super beyond good. They pamper and they feed you, quite literally what they show on their adverts.

On the ground, it's a different matter. They have mastered the skies but their ground crew, they can do with a lot of improvement. The Golden Lounge in Kuching and KL International are good, staff attentive, but in KL Domestic, they just seem so lazy to do any work whatsoever.

Worst of all: I forgot my Enrich password and I ask for the thing to be sent to my email. It has been four months, still nothing. I am loyal to Malaysia Airlines, yes, but please do more to earn my loyalty; Singapore Airlines is already tantalizing with their A380s.

Keep in mind though, the lounges and ground staff in airports other than Malaysia are manned by the locals there, so Sydney MAS is manned by Australians, London MAS by English, so on so forth; so while in the sky, the 'Lessons In Respect Start From Age 6' do hold true for the cabin crew, down on the ground, they're at the mercy of local employees.

The 'Zero Fares' is a bad attempt, seriously. Malaysia Airlines' strength has always been service and business class. They should know they have a special segment in the market. While Air Asia is for mass travel, Malaysia Airlines is for the traveller who expects more. I was actually shocked and somewhat offended when I saw Malaysia Airlines with their 'Every Day Low Fares' we're-cheap-too strategy. I loved them when they had the nicer Malaysian Hospitality theme. This killed them.

p.s. One bad thing on Business Class Domestic: if there is ever a minister in the cabin, don't expect an aperitif. I felt embarrassed and mad when they told me I couldn't get my martini.

Posted on: 2008/6/4 22:50

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Sat business class once and yes indeed they pampered you at most highest but they don't feed. So some enrich members was not aware of their enrich usage on which country.. hmm.. the authority should clarify it on the cards though so user can read without experiencing any embarrassing moments.

Is martini (hard liquor) legit on air? never try but wine is fine I think...

Posted on: 2008/6/5 11:23

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kch
Believe it or not, I've never sat anything more than Econ class for MAS. Was upgraded to Biz class for Qantas and SIA before, and yeah.... pampered. ^^;;

Posted on: 2008/6/5 13:02
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Terra
They didn't feed you on Business Class? Were you on a short domestic flight? They always feed you with three choices. They pamper you with orange, mango or guava juice before you fly, or you can opt for an aperitif as soon as you've past the 'seatbelt sign' stage.

Enrich does issue statements and emails periodically, telling you where, when and how to do stuff, but if it's staying at hotels and getting Enrich miles, be prepared to be embarrassed. I was once. Asked for Enrich miles at a 'participating' hotel, just to find out they withdrew from the program.

Martinis are allowed on air. I have mine frequent enough. Call for the cabin crew, get a few shots, and hope I get to sleep back in the seat, otherwise I'll be at the galley, drinking the flight away and chatting with them.

Business Class on SIA was one of my worst experiences. Economy on Malaysia Airlines is better than Business on Singapore Airlines, but I've heard they've learnt a thing or two from Malaysia Airlines. MASWings is quite decent too. They serve you boxed drinks but they serve you well, almost as good as Business Class.

I've always wondered, do these 'zero fare' seats get allocated to the aft of the plane? I really hope Malaysia Airlines changes their mind about this 'zero fare' gimmick. They already have premium paying customers. They might accidentally alienate some loyal customers by acting like this.

Posted on: 2008/6/5 17:11

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]