Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

WHY Kuching still don't have the NGV station ?
Just popping in
Most of you might asking me...what is NGV ?

NGV stands for Natural Gas Vehicle. They operate similarly to traditional vehicles, but they use natural gas as fuel. Natural gas can power existing cars and trucks by converting the engines to a bi-fuel capability. To convert vehicles to natural gas requires installing a tank, fuel pressure regulators, and fuel lines. Most systems incorporate an electronic module which adjusts the engine to maintain comparable performance levels with either fuel. Limited production of dedicated natural gas engines and vehicles is under way at motor vehicle manufacturers. Refueling stations use the same natural gas as commercial facilities and residences. These stations like Petronas NGV now provide compressed natural gas for quick-fill. All lot of people have convert their car to NGV as natural gas is cheaper than petrol. Natural gas cost RM0.62 where as petrol cost us RM2.70. Currently, NGV refueling station n NGV workshop only available at West Malaysia; not east malaysia, WHY ????

Posted on: 2008/6/8 0:56

Edited by webbie on 2008/6/8 1:14:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WHY Kuching still don't have the NGV station ?
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Because NGV can save you 60% of fuel cost and it gives almost as efficient as fuel.

Bintulu / Miri has too much gas that they would consistently burn it to keep it at a safe state. which instead they should be making pipes and deliver it to whole of Sarawak.

^^ if everyone starts using NGV, petronas would not earn.

Posted on: 2008/6/8 1:17

Home away from home
From Boston
but NGV have really small boot.

Posted on: 2008/6/8 2:28

Home away from home
I think thats because NGV is an expensive system to set up and Sarawak is too big and has a small market.
NGV's in West Malaysia consists mainly of taxis and there's tonnes of them there

Posted on: 2008/6/8 6:59

Home away from home
NGv station only in KL and JB...and some area in selangor..probably PJ area..beside that...no..

what i heard that penangites also want NGv recently..

Posted on: 2008/6/9 19:16

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

luminoth wrote:
I think thats because NGV is an expensive system to set up and Sarawak is too big and has a small market.
NGV's in West Malaysia consists mainly of taxis and there's tonnes of them there

u never know that it can be an untapped market in Sarawak.

Posted on: 2008/6/9 20:12

Home away from home
From Terra
You know, a thought just came to mind: why not use NGV for buses, in addition to private vehicles. The demand seems to be non-existent because not many people know what it is. Cities in Australia and New Zealand have buses running on NGV, reduces emissions, lower operational costs.

Just operate a public transport-based NGV operation first, watch as awareness grows, and eventually, you'll see people clamoring to convert their engines to run on natural gas.

And just a little off topic, aren't houses in Miri connected to a pipeline linked to natural gas? i.e. natural gas for stoves and such?

Posted on: 2008/6/9 20:18

Just popping in
weird... and the east sides are the ones producing the gas and only west gets to use it... hahah owells

Posted on: 2008/6/16 21:43

Home away from home
Quote:

Mocha wrote:
You know, a thought just came to mind: why not use NGV for buses, in addition to private vehicles. The demand seems to be non-existent because not many people know what it is. Cities in Australia and New Zealand have buses running on NGV, reduces emissions, lower operational costs.

Just operate a public transport-based NGV operation first, watch as awareness grows, and eventually, you'll see people clamoring to convert their engines to run on natural gas.

And just a little off topic, aren't houses in Miri connected to a pipeline linked to natural gas? i.e. natural gas for stoves and such?

yes houses in miri does have pipeline linked to natural gas. it is safe, clean and VERY VERY CHEAP (read: CHEAP). used to stay in miri and using the gas minimally, my bills was rm0.04/months. my friend's family is running an eateries using the same facilites and bills only rm8-11/months.

but not all areas are served by the natural gas, only the older residential areas (piasau, pujut, tanjung) and the cost of installation is around RM 4-5K.

Posted on: 2008/6/17 9:46

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
The electrical car powered by advanced Compact Lithium-ion Batteries (charge your car just like how u charge your handheld) is here to replace petrol / diesel / natural gas engine in the future and maybe that would be a few years from now to reduce crude oil import These applies to some asia countries like Japan and China where demands are necessity. As the price per barrel is soaring high, inventors seek ways to improve the situation...

This is the concept car of nisssan pivo 2, a talking robot that'll guide you throughout your journey and it even knows what your feelings were - thanks to the voice-recognition and facial expression software; indeed it's intelligent, it rotates, cabin fits 3 and of course, a go green vehicle.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Pros : I think it's worth a buck for the family and no headaches on petrol hike.

Cons : Consider the crime rates of Malaysia, will it be stolen in a day or two after publicly exposed? Consider the delicious design and features.

Posted on: 2008/6/17 10:32

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.