KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Malaysia's Anwar seeks sanctuary
Home away from home
Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim has sought refuge in the Turkish embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

He told the BBC he had gone to the embassy because he was afraid of being arrested or assaulted.

Earlier, Mr Anwar rejected a new allegation of sodomy made by a member of his staff, describing it as a complete fabrication to discredit him.

He says the claims by a 23-year-old are designed to block his political resurgence after success at the polls.

'Same script repeated'

Mr Anwar told the BBC's Newshour programme he was "seeking personal protection because of my fear of my personal safety in case they arrest [me], and I don't want to repeat the assault and near death under custody of the... Malaysian police".

The ex-deputy PM was jailed in 1998 on sodomy and corruption charges he has said were politically motivated. The sodomy conviction was later overturned.

Although freed from jail in 2004, the corruption conviction barred him from holding political office until 15 April 2008.

He said the government was making up the same accusations as they did in 1998 because they did not want him to take part in elections.

"I'm now eligible to contest the elections, so they have to fabricate the same script being repeated in my earlier case in 1998, 1999," Mr Anwar added.

The latest claims against him came from an aide who has worked alongside him from the beginning of the year.

The right moment

Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi denied that the government has fabricated a case against him.

There was no conspiracy "to cause [Anwar] trouble or harass him or raise such issues to undermine him", he said.

In the general election in March, Mr Anwar led an opposition alliance to considerable gains.

They won control of the legislatures in five out of the country's 13 states, and an unprecedented 82 of the 222 seats in the House of Representatives.

The ruling National Front saw its worst showing in decades, prompting calls for the prime minister to resign.

Since then Mr Anwar has said he has the support of enough MPs to topple the government but is waiting for the right moment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7479998.stm

Posted on: 2008/6/30 10:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Malaysia's Anwar seeks sanctuary
Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Politics in Malaysia is just a face and budd competition unofficially. The more bonds you have (or supportive mechanism - people and parties), the more powerful you are. I think the oppostion is entirely lack of that. hmph... money - the entity itself.

If you talk religion to them, they'll feel sinful, perhaps they might recall of what sinful things they might have done and how to rewind (reflects) it or maybe a generic run down and joining the opposition (just like the recent case of faithless votes against).

Humans are weak, you know... selfish... temptation... they seek happiness till they neglect what humanity was. If they knew how a cent really meant for the poors, the nation (Malaysian) will change forever and non of them will ever thought of migrating elsewhere. Again, vision 2020 are likely to accomplish.

* Touchwood *

Posted on: 2008/6/30 12:44

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
is this just a show to divert people's attention away from the 40% fuel hike or what?

Posted on: 2008/6/30 18:48

Not too shy to talk
Same script, different cast....

Posted on: 2008/7/1 10:54

Home away from home
From Boston
is this the act of cowards afraid to lose?

Posted on: 2008/7/1 10:57

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Wednesday July 2, 2008
Dr M not surprised by sodomy allegation

KUALA LUMPUR: Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he was not surprised over the recent sodomy allegation against his former deputy Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

“I am not surprised at all. He is saying it is a fabrication but he said the same thing last time,” he said when asked to comment on the new allegation.

The allegation came about after a 23-year-old former aide of Anwar lodged a police report on Saturday alleging sodomy. The de facto leader of PKR in turn filed a suit against the aide claiming defamation and malicious falsehood.

Anwar has vehemently denied the accusations and said it was a political conspiracy against him given his plans to return to Parliament.

Speaking his mind: Dr Mahathir answering a question during an interview in Kuala Lumpur yesterday while his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali looks on.

Anwar alleged that the Government was out to get him, just when he was about to announce where he would be contesting in a by-election. The Government has denied his allegation.

“He will have lots of stories. There is always conspiracy as far as he is concerned. I’m not surprised at all,” Dr Mahathir said in an interview.

Anwar had sought refuge in the Turkish embassy on Sunday claiming his life was in danger and there were assassination plots on him.

He left the embassy on Monday evening after receiving assurance from the Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister that his safety would be guaranteed.

Dr Mahathir also dismissed the notion that Anwar could topple the Government.

“Malaysia is one country where prime ministers can walk about the streets safely and not get shot at.

“When I go shopping, I don’t feel threatened at all. My bodyguards, if there are, actually stay away from me.

“When people approach me, there is no problem at all. I am not worried. We are actually a very peaceful country,” he added.

Dr Mahathir also expressed disappointment over the country’s current situation.

link

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:

“He will have lots of stories. There is always conspiracy as far as he is concerned. I’m not surprised at all,” Dr Mahathir said in an interview.

Yes, that someone had contributed to the country Malaysia in terms of development but when it comes to allegations (sodomy thingy), there's always no fair play but dirty jobs roaming those involved.

Posted on: 2008/7/2 11:55

Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Saiful’s fiancee says they’ll weather the storm

PETALING JAYA: Janna Syariza, the fiancee of Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, has declared that she will stand by her man through the “monstrous battle that is looming ahead”.

“I will stand by his side. Our engagement photos being posted and circulated on blogs is just the tip of the iceberg.

“The photos are supposed to be our privately cherished memories and now they are being used by irresponsible parties to fuel speculation,” she said in her blog, A Step in My Pink Mary Janes (jannamohdzaki.blogspot.com).

“We will weather the storm. Insyallah, we will come through it all right, no matter how long it takes and justice will prevail.

“Please pray justice prevails. I wish to thank all those who have shown concern and sympathy.”

In contrast, she said there were also those waiting to squeeze out information and juicy gossip, and who did not care about their feelings.

Her blog’s tagline states: “Shoes are my passion, love is the essence and food is an obsession. This is my life ... and everything else in between.”

She describes herself as over 155cm in height, with hair and eye colour that “changes every two months”, and that she loves the gym more for “the glorious showers than the cardio machines.”

Mohd Saiful, 23, a former aide of PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, alleged in a police report made on Saturday that he was sodomised by Anwar at a condominium in Damansara last Thursday.

On Monday, Anwar filed a suit against Mohd Saiful for defamation and allegedly lodging a malicious false report against him.

link

---------------------------------------------------

I analyzed the blog. It was created on June 2008.
Blog creation date (printscreen)

Should I say this is just a column of sympathy instead of a blog as it seemed. Somehow humans are either greed for money / fame or life being threaten...

Posted on: 2008/7/2 12:08

Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Terra
Quote:

Yes, that someone had contributed to the country Malaysia in terms of development but when it comes to allegations (sodomy thingy), there's always no fair play but dirty jobs roaming those involved.

Get Mike Rowe to be involved. This week in Dirty Jobs, we look at politics!

Politics is always dirty, and everything is fair play, from your kids' actions to your 'habits' in college. Nothing is sacred whenever you can get the chance to get an upper hand.

However, this charge does benefit and damage both parties at the same time. Anwar gets another large spotlight in the media and he can claim the government is conspiring against him, helping to sway public opinion; and the government can shift the light away from current issues but at the same time, create a climate where anything goes and no rules exist in the halls of Parliament and the corridors of Putrajaya.

Posted on: 2008/7/2 17:50

Home away from home
From Kch
I've heard rumors that KL might get chaotic in the next few months. Protests, riots and whatnot. :/

Posted on: 2008/7/4 1:53
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
Pathetic!thats one word to describe the conspiracy behind this sodomy case!people should bang their heads before believeing someone of Anwars status would be involve in a sodomy case at this time of m'sian political tumoil and get publicise about it?!theres much much more from where this comes from!the current goverment aint a bunch of hu-ha cowboys!if anwar does come out for election they all know whats the consequences!although not directly involve but anwar is still a very influencial person amongst the west m'sians!keep our finger cross guys...if something should happen..nows the best time!

Posted on: 2008/7/4 11:11

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]