tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

AirAsia's flight delay
Just popping in
Dear All,

I am a Korean and going to go Kuching from Aug.18 for travelling with my family. To save the expense, I booked AirAsia ticket from KL to Kuching.

-My original schedule for return flight
*Aug.23 20:50 from Kuching and arrive 22:35 to Kualalumpur
*Transit to Korean Airline: Aug.24 01:15
*I have total 2 hours 40 minutes to get my flight going Korea.

But, many persons told me that AirAsia flight used to be delayed frequently and recommended me to change the schedule as earlier flight. But, to change the schedule, it costs 300RMB.
I am confusing whether I have to change my flight or not.

Please advice me how to do? Airasia telophone is too busy and I can not reach to them. Also no reply from them even though several inquiries through e-mail.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Harry

Posted on: 2008/7/10 16:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
From Kuching
It could be a risk, not just AirAsia, even Malaysia Airlines could delay their flights sometimes due to technical reasons. I would advise you to change your flights to couple more hours earlier. However, the flight may not be delayed at that point of time. It's a hard decision to make.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 17:12

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Anyeong Haseyo

yogie olmadong-an kyeshil koeyo?

From my flight experience on Airasia, there's never a delay encountered. Sometimes the delay are based on engine / passenger issues and that's very disturbing especially when you have a connecting flight.

My last trip on Bali was a success without any delay. The time I reached KL, it was 5pm and my flight connecting from KL-Singapore (via airasia) was on 7:50pm. I check in directly (2 hours before for International flight).

No worries there for Airasia from Kuching to KL are always busy and seldom heard of delays. Be prepared for the worse (if delay) as you can purchase MAS ticket to KL at RM400 (around) one way from the ticketing office. Usually the departure time for Airasia and MAS are more or less within 30 minutes to an hour and even if you encounter delays, you still have MAS as secondary options.

Understandable that you're on a budget but god knows what will happen.

haeng-unul piroyo!

Posted on: 2008/7/10 17:13

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
1) Buy a prepaid card (Digi / Celcom / Maxis). It can be your local sim card but I'm not sure if they apply the sms alert message for International operators.
2) Update your information and contacts at Airasia website / login details...
3) AirAsia will sms you if there is a delay / re-schedule on the date.
4) Email airasia : guestsupport@airasia.com
5) Contact airasia (outside malaysia) : +60 3 8660 4343 (please dial your international prefix followed by the phone number)
6) For guest support (outside malaysia) : +60 3 8660 4388 (please dial your international prefix followed by the phone number)

Posted on: 2008/7/10 17:24

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
MY flight KCH-PNG last month was delayed by 30 mins. As for KCH-KL-KCH, they totally change my flight time (day to nite/nite to day) and I had quickly change them a week before departure when they informed me.

My flight to Bali end of the month has been rescheduled and for this one I can't do anything as there are only 3 flights a week.

For onwards flight connection, I normally will have a bit of time in between. 2 hours is too close for comfort. It all depend on individual.

I had an experience in which I was using MAS to Sdyney. I took the flight from Kuching to KL and the plane was delayed for 1 hour. I was only having 2 hrs transit time. I was horrified and prayed continously. It was good that I manged to get on to the plane in time at KLIA.

Remember, you will have to check out at KLIA and go to LCCT to check in. More time is needed.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 17:37

Home away from home
From sarawak
Dear Harry,

Lately the kuching-KL flight schedule by airasia has improved a lot. They used to be delayed for the past 2-3 years as they have less aircraft. But now as they have enough, i can say tat the problem has been solved. It may delayed up to 30 mins but it wouldnt effect ur 2H40mins interval time. But remember to catch a taxi immediately to the main terminal of KLIA.

By the way, i would like to say welcome to Kuching city and enjoy ur holiday.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 18:20

Home away from home
From Kch
Hmmm 요즘 그것은 흔한 시나리오없다. 그래도 행운에 달려있다... :x

Posted on: 2008/7/11 9:51
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Boston
No worries for me. Your flight is so late at night. If there are delays, you can take the earlier flight out by air asia without charge. Just give them a good reason.

You can check if there will be any delays by going to Air Asia website, at the check and change. I'm quite positive that you won't miss your flight.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Kuching.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 10:28

Home away from home
Delay is common for AK but what freak me out is baggage lost and improper handling of the luggage!!

Posted on: 2008/7/11 11:43

Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

Siamese wrote:
Delay is common for AK but what freak me out is baggage lost and improper handling of the luggage!!

Baggage lost is just something 1/10000 cases. Pls dont make 2 condeming statement when someone international want to visit our country. AK service is very good lately (if u use it frequently, u will notice it). About the delay, it may delayed up to 30 mins but ive never encountered such a long delay for the past 1 year.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 12:34

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.