Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 (2) 3 »


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Just popping in
Joined:
2007/9/27 17:26
Posts: 3
Offline
Thansk for your advices.

With your information, I traced on-time departure performance by Airasia flight yesterday from Kuching to Kualalumpur.
Acutally one flight delayed by 1H40 minutes. Some flights departured on time.

To make me angry is that Airasia's call center is too busy and
I could not reached to them even though 20 times trials from Korea.

Eventually I will go to Kuching and stay one week there.
Again I would like to thank you for your kind advices.


Thanks a lot.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 13:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2008/1/16 8:10
Posts: 265
Offline
Quote:

kiko wrote:
Quote:

Siamese wrote:
Delay is common for AK but what freak me out is baggage lost and improper handling of the luggage!!


Baggage lost is just something 1/10000 cases. Pls dont make 2 condeming statement when someone international want to visit our country. AK service is very good lately (if u use it frequently, u will notice it). About the delay, it may delayed up to 30 mins but ive never encountered such a long delay for the past 1 year.


Normally I am not too concerned with delay.However, when I am on a connecting flight of a difference airline and terminal, I tend to be cautious.

I do agree that AK is a lot more punctual now ( actually a lot of time they will arrive the destination ahead of time even if their ETD is late).

Harry, welcome to Kuching. Hope you will enjoy your stay. If you need any tip on sight seeing, let us know.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 14:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/7/10 0:08
From Singapore - Kuching
Posts: 2661
Offline
Quote:

ktay wrote:

..... they will arrive the destination ahead of time even if their ETD is late.



That is so true!
And usually they'll arrive their destination ahead of like 10-20 minutes... amazing.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 15:59
_________________
There's nothing in two if it's not properly attached.

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2007/7/10 0:08
From Singapore - Kuching
Posts: 2661
Offline
One think I hate about LCCT is the facilities, choice of food and the worse comes, FLIES EVERYWHERE!

Posted on: 2008/7/11 16:03
_________________
There's nothing in two if it's not properly attached.

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2005/12/30 12:58
From Kuchingite
Posts: 3875
Offline
Speaking of flies everywhere, i was at senai last friday (enroute to Kuching), and they were flies at the marybrown there, really feels like @#$%^... have to fight the fly for your coffee & guard your fried chicken against their invasion.

Took Airasia back on monday, the flight arrival 15 minutes ahead of schedule.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 16:36
_________________
2012, where will we be the day after tomorrow? Ans: Still here la. www.resuree.blogspot.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/5/31 2:32
From Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 158
Offline
Quote:

oharry wrote:
Thansk for your advices.

With your information, I traced on-time departure performance by Airasia flight yesterday from Kuching to Kualalumpur.
Acutally one flight delayed by 1H40 minutes. Some flights departured on time.

To make me angry is that Airasia's call center is too busy and
I could not reached to them even though 20 times trials from Korea.

Eventually I will go to Kuching and stay one week there.
Again I would like to thank you for your kind advices.


Thanks a lot.


Hi Harry,

I am not really good at this, but one thing I would say, BIG MISTAKE!, I am really sorry to inform you this. If I were you, I would rather book on Malaysia Airlines, departing at 2050 (taking the last flight)

My reason, you could do the one-shot-thru check in by Malaysia Airlines, which means, your luggage will be tagged till Seoul Incheon Airport. If MAS delays, they will put you on the next flight to ICN, which will be MH64 (correct me if I am wrong), departing at 0200 something. MAS will take the responsibilty better than AirAsia regarding onward connecting flight.

Ok you may pay a little bit more but, considering your flight to Korea. It would be more expensive if you miss your KE flight that night.

Alternatively, you could leave it that way or better take the second last flight to KUL with AirAsia. Most likely if they cancel this second last flight, they will put you into the last flight then. If any delays, you still could make it within a resonable but constraint time block.

Or else, on your departure day, look for the info if thereĀ“s any delays, if yes, then traight ahead to MAS counter to purchase the last flight to KUL. Indeed you have enough time to, since you have to check in 2 hours before departure. The risk might be that MAS last flight is fully booked, because this last flight KCH-KUL is to cater the international connecting passengers, where most flights depart at about midnight time.

I have one bad experience with AirAsia on my flight KCH-DPS-DPS. Swear to God, it was not nice at all. The flight was cancelled and we have to book an extra flight to KUL, worth about RM500 per person. It wasnt really bad for me, but there was one passenger, took the route Denpasar-Kuching-Macau. Guess how much he had to pay, because AirAsia is not responsible fot the connecting flight, even on the next day.

Ok too much talking. My suggestion, cancel the flight and take the MAS flight instead. Conveniently connect to your KE flight on the same terminal building, rather than landing at LCCT and taking a taxi ride, which mich cost you a fortune, since you are Korean, and not Malaysian.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 18:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/5/31 2:32
From Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 158
Offline
Quote:

kiko wrote:
Quote:

Siamese wrote:
Delay is common for AK but what freak me out is baggage lost and improper handling of the luggage!!


Baggage lost is just something 1/10000 cases. Pls dont make 2 condeming statement when someone international want to visit our country. AK service is very good lately (if u use it frequently, u will notice it). About the delay, it may delayed up to 30 mins but ive never encountered such a long delay for the past 1 year.


Hi Kiko,

I am partially agree with you. I fly quite a lot with AK domestically and internationally. The chances of flight delays and cancellation are seldom by AK. But once it happens, you will curse AK. Normally I take AirAsia if I am not really in time constraint. But if I have a connecting flight, then I prefer to pay a little bit more.

Important thing for me would be one-shot-thru check in, which normally provided by conventional airlines.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 18:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2008/4/16 11:03
From Terra
Posts: 2237
Offline
I would personally vouch for Malaysia Airlines. Expensive yes but you pay for relative security, direct check-in, early check-in is possible even way before 4 hours (tried it 12 hours before departure once). They would normally assist you to do a one-shot even if you're using Malaysia Airlines out from Kuching and another airline (say, Emirates) out from Kuala Lumpur.

p.s. Heard they have a special shuttle bus connecting the LCCT to KLIA MTB, is it still in operatians? Once the ERL is extended to the LCCT, which could be in 2010, it would be quite tricky to move from the former cargo facility to the Japanese architect-designed main terminal.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 18:54
_________________
Meliora Cogito | [insert text here]
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2006/5/31 2:32
From Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 158
Offline
Quote:

Mocha wrote:
I would personally vouch for Malaysia Airlines. Expensive yes but you pay for relative security, direct check-in, early check-in is possible even way before 4 hours (tried it 12 hours before departure once). They would normally assist you to do a one-shot even if you're using Malaysia Airlines out from Kuching and another airline (say, Emirates) out from Kuala Lumpur.



Exactly. Conventional airlines does provide connection services. But beware, not all of them. One thing for sure, Garuda Indonseia does not provide transfer service to another airlines. I asked them once when i was in bali last year. I had my KLM flight to Amsterdam, and would like to fly with Garuda from DPS to CGK, but they told me that they do not provide such services, unless if you fly with Garuda itself.

Quote:

p.s. Heard they have a special shuttle bus connecting the LCCT to KLIA MTB, is it still in operatians? Once the ERL is extended to the LCCT, which could be in 2010, it would be quite tricky to move from the former cargo facility to the Japanese architect-designed main terminal.


Special Shuttle? You mean RM1.10 special shuttle with no luggage transfer facility in the bus? Yes they do have it. If you have a heavy luggage, might be a big mistake to use it, but you could try.

ERL to LCCT? errrghhh...which LCCT you mean? One thing I dont understand about the government. Look at this cronology

1. LCCT is expanded
2. ERL to LCCT
3. New Terminal Building (functionally as LCCT)

Question: What happen to ERL to LCCT once the new terminal building is opened?

Posted on: 2008/7/14 19:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
Joined:
2008/4/16 11:03
From Terra
Posts: 2237
Offline
Quote:

Hamburger wrote:

ERL to LCCT? errrghhh...which LCCT you mean? One thing I dont understand about the government. Look at this cronology

1. LCCT is expanded
2. ERL to LCCT
3. New Terminal Building (functionally as LCCT)

Question: What happen to ERL to LCCT once the new terminal building is opened?


It was in the grand, elaborate, almost propagandic KLIA 10th anniversary re-masterplan. I suspect that it should be for the new LCCT, but they were very vague about it.

Nonetheless, my personal advice would be to try to stick to one carrier throughout your flight if it's possible. It saves time, reduces hassle, and if anything goes wrong, you can be rescheduled or upgraded, or even be housed in a nice hotel for the night.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 19:46
_________________
Meliora Cogito | [insert text here]
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 (2) 3 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Sponsored
[code][/code] test