teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: AirAsia's flight delay
Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:

Hamburger wrote:
Question: What happen to ERL to LCCT once the new terminal building is opened?
It would be happened just another never-lasting erection.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 19:57

Home away from home
From Hamburg, Germany
Yes. Better stick to one airlines for a long haul sector. Unless if the airlines does not fly to your destination. Like in this case.

Somehow, I got an interesting experience here from a friend of mine. She booked a return ticket on this route Dublin-Manchester-Kuala Lumpur, operated by Aerlingus and Malaysia Airlines. The Aerlingus flight delayed from Dublin, and she was denied the boarding on the MAS flight.

Ineresting enough, Aerlingus took the whole responsible, in which they provide a hotel for her in Manchester, an onward connection on Bitirsh Midland flight to London Heathrow and finally connected to London-Penang flight, where her final destination was.

It shows somehow that even if Aerlingus and MAS dont have an extensive coopreration, conventional airlines does compensate even if you not travelling on the same airlines for the whole journey, if anything happens, provided that it is booked in one booking reference.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 20:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
yesterday my fligt to penang was delayed 1hr30mins!

Posted on: 2008/7/15 20:41

Just popping in
I was back to Korea from Kuching.
Finally my AirAsia flight delayed 2 hours in Kuching.

Regards,

Posted on: 2008/8/27 13:22

Quite a regular
From Kuching
Quote:

Mocha wrote:
I would personally vouch for Malaysia Airlines. Expensive yes but you pay for relative security, direct check-in, early check-in is possible even way before 4 hours (tried it 12 hours before departure once).

I totally agree with you. I personally prefer MAS as well, if my company isn't that kiamsiap. I've been flying at least 4 times this month, and every time AirAsia flight was delayed. Passengers taking AirAsia are so kiasu too. At the first sight of the plane and before it even landed, people already flocked to the Gate to line up. Seriously, I'm quite disappointed with AirAsia.

Posted on: 2008/8/27 13:44

Home away from home
AirAsia in my opinion is one of the most irresponsible and uncaring airlines I have ever sat in. Once the plane took off at 6.30 when the flight was scheduled at 6.50. I had to buy another ticket. I took MAS after that.

I was taking a flight back from KL and after lining up for 1h 30mins, they told me that my ticket was not valid because the payment had not gone through. I asked then why the hell did they issue me a ticket if the payment hadn't gone through.

Every year when my family flies back to KL or whenver I fly to Penang to visit my gf, the flight gets delayed or the rescheduled. Never once have I sat on a flight that was on time.

I had two groups of friends visit me from west Malaysia before and they both ran into troubles with the counter. The check-in counter refused to take their luggage and told them to carry it all into te plane. I asked why and the counter lady told me to keep quiet of else she would bar everyone off the plane!

Bad counter service, poor food, never punctual, and a CEO that keeps on rambling on why the Malaysian government is never fair. I would take MAS anytime.

Posted on: 2008/8/27 14:04

Just can't stay away
Quote:

oddshark wrote:
At the first sight of the plane and before it even landed, people already flocked to the Gate to line up. Seriously, I'm quite disappointed with AirAsia.

Surely that actually has more to do with the passengers than the airline?

As for delays and whatnot, my own expertience has been somewhat opposite. Virtually all my flights has been on time or early via airasia and have had horrendous delays from MAS, though the worst one was not entirely their fault, a 5 hour delay at Shanghai Airport for a 5 hour flight to KL! the first time in a flight I was served food before take off :P the really annoying thing was since air traffic control was unable to give the pilot a ETD, we were stuck in the plane in perpetual readiness to takeoff and was unable to even streth our legs in the terminal.

There has been some unforgivable delays from MAS though. Had an early connecting flight from KCH-KL for a morning flight to Shanghai at 6am, only to find out, after waking up at 4am to pack/check in that it's been cancelled for a later flight at 8pm! (KL-Shan) Would have saved a lot of hassle/time if they had called in advance that there was such a cancellation etc. At least with airasia they will update you on any cancelled or delayed flights ahead of time.

Posted on: 2008/8/27 14:06

Home away from home
From Terra
They issues tickets and claimed payment didn't pay? And didn't want to check-in your baggage?

Your '5 star low cost airline' indeed. Malaysia Airlines earned the '5 star' moniker from hard work and effort from a prestigious airline quality firm. Air Asia just claims to be '5 star' as part of a branding campaign.

At least Malaysia Airlines compensates you with options of another flight or meal coupons if the flight is delayed for a long time, and not asking for more money to allow you on.

Posted on: 2008/8/27 14:10

Home away from home
From Terra
Quote:

kksyong wrote:

There has been some unforgivable delays from MAS though. Had an early connecting flight from KCH-KL for a morning flight to Shanghai at 6am, only to find out, after waking up at 4am to pack/check in that it's been cancelled for a later flight at 8pm! (KL-Shan) Would have saved a lot of hassle/time if they had called in advance that there was such a cancellation etc. At least with airasia they will update you on any cancelled or delayed flights ahead of time.

That is pretty common, I have to admit. Flights to Sydney or Melbourne sometimes becomes delayed by an hour or so, because one plane has issues, so all the others to Ocenania gets delayed.

Those cancellations tends to happen on the spot, and they don't normally ask for your contact number, unless you book via telephone and opt to pay at the ticketing office. I was once on a delayed flight, they compensated with a nice meal coupon. Another time, I was even housed in a nice hotel for the night.

Posted on: 2008/8/27 14:16

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]