tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Angkasawan to be conferred Datukship
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Here's a good idea to get Datukship, get the tax payer's money to sponsor you and hop on some other country's rocketship.

Voila, and u got yourself a "DATUK" title.

[bAngkasawan to be conferred Datukship[/b]
By C.S NATHAN

SEREMBAN: The country's first man in space, Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Al-Masrie will be bestowed the Darjah Setia Negeri Sembilan (DSNS) award which carries the title "Datuk" by the Yang Di-Pertuan Besar Negri Sembilan Tuanku Ja'afar in conjunction with the state ruler's 86th birthday celebration on Saturday.

Dr Sheikh Muszaphar, who made history when he blasted into space with Russian flight engineer Yuri Malenchenko and commander Peggy Wilson from the United States in the Soyuz TMA-11 spacecraft on Oct 10 last year, will receive his award from Tuanku Ja'afar at the Istana Besar, Seri Menanti, on Saturday.

The 36-year-old orthopaedic surgeon returned to Earth after spending 11 days at the International Space Station.

The Mentri Besar's office released the first list of recipients on Friday morning and the second and third instalments were expected to be out in stages.

News resource from The Star

Posted on: 2008/7/18 19:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Angkasawan to be conferred Datukship
Home away from home
From Terra
Webbie, why? I'm trying to stifle a laughter here!

Anyway, I shall reduce cynicism and hope that the pin would accidentally poke his [anatomy] when he receives it. While the douche may finally get his medal, it does prove a point though. It's the promotion of a certain ideal, which sadly I do not share, and has been not so much ridiculed but looked upon with pity by some of my friends, both locals and foreigners.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 19:14

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Seriously ah.. very very very serious. this is very very very expected from the very beginning. this guy will sure to get datukship for whatever reason that is.

Just what on earth did this guy do. or I suppose just what on the space and earth did this guy do to get datukship ?

Has the datukship being conferred to anyone who has been in the newspaper, media, tv, internet and being interview by magazine for x numbers of time?

previously, ride a boat solo around the world and you get datukship.

I think if Malaysia has American achievers. The whole nation would have Datuks and Datins and Datos or Super datuks.

Example: Datuk Tiger Woods, Datuk Sylvester Stallone, Datuk Michael Jordan, Datuk Carl Lewis, Datuk Bill Gates, Datuk Steve Jobs.. etc etc

Posted on: 2008/7/18 19:27

Home away from home
From Terra
Well, just be thankful we don't bump into as many 'datuks' and 'datins' in Kuching. Just the past few days, I've bumped into so many 'datuks' I start to wonder if my simple name is the rarity, that single highly prized commodity.

As long as you're famous for doing 'something,' whatever it may be, from singing to dancing to laughing to smiling, you're in the 'datuk' club though sad to say, a large majority of the 'datuks' I know can be really really annoying and douche-bag-ish.

So, just strap on your seatbelt, countdown from ten, fly up to, say, Mars or build a component for the ISS and suddenly we'll see a 'datuk' X.

...and if we follow Webbie's example on how they get 'datuk'-ships, Webbie should be the right honourable Tan Sri Datuk Webbie Webmaster.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 21:08

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
lol leave me out. honestly I rather not have one. I rather have something more honourable and unique like Knight, Sir, Doctorate, Dr, pHD, Masters. whaha

Posted on: 2008/7/18 21:43

Home away from home
From Kch
Our M'sian title/ranking system is really dubious.. hilarious even. -_-

Posted on: 2008/7/18 22:16
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
I'll take RM10.00 in lieu of their datuksheep, anytime! Pun intended!

Posted on: 2008/7/18 22:58

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
This is insane. hahahah!
Man... proof that astronaut did something beneficial for malaysia, if not what's the purpose of owning a datukship? U went to space doesn't mean you're brave or had made the country proud. You're there because of expedience and explore. Gy... in the future billionaires also have the chance 2 visit the space, and I see no specialty in this case.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 0:33

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
no wonder no more petrol subsidies. we just paid for his datukship. n maybe more astronaut from m'sia in the future, datuk space, or datuk rocket, or datuk spaceship, or datuk UFO.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 14:54

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
u forgot datuk alien

Posted on: 2008/7/19 15:15

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.