tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Aikido
Home away from home
From Kuching, Malaysia
woa... kinda expensive lo..
RM 100 for 3 months, 1 hour per class. 1 class per week.
so it's around RM 8.33 per class lo..

Posted on: 2008/8/12 16:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
i always wish there is some sort of real DOJO here in Kuching.
not class based. but more on the student's enthusiasm on learning. Dojo is always open to whoever comes. flexible. pay a certain fee, comes as you like.

well thats Japan for you

Posted on: 2008/8/12 17:04

Home away from home
From Kuching, Malaysia
well, if that's the case. i don't really think the DOJO owner has the sufficient money to keep the DOJO survive for long enough.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 17:51

Home away from home
From Kch
Quote:

TeQuiLa wrote:
Quote:

Fuyu wrote:
Cool~ do u also offer Iaido or Kendo?

Are you interested in Iaido? Do you have any previous experience? I have an Iaido background.

No previous experience, but seen ppl practise. The sword is mean-lookin'!

Posted on: 2008/8/12 18:55
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

Chris88 wrote:
well, if that's the case. i don't really think the DOJO owner has the sufficient money to keep the DOJO survive for long enough.

why not?

students will still pay a student learning fee. just that they can come and go as they like. not like "okay.. today u practice for 1 hour and thats all for today.. come back next week". Its very very discouraging for those who really want to learn more and have lots of stamina to last more than 4 hours".

I learned taekwondo last time and thats how its taught. classes are being conducted in few locations depending on times. different school halls. I can even go to other school's to just participate in their training.

Also for their actual training hall. I am allowed to go whenever its open and not crowded. With such practice back then, I was able to go 4-5 times a week in several locations.

And furthermore, the seniors were assigned to take care of the new comers. the grand master will lead the seniors. so this gives an opportunity to all to learn and coach.

That is how a dojo or learning should be like. NOT very commercialized like a tuition centre or "baby day care centre" where they charge per session or hour.

A dojo will DIE if students gets de-motivated and stop attending class and play facebook at home.

If a student is interested to learn something more, why not teach them out of sincerely but of course with business constraint also la, cannot let the student stay, eat and live at the Dojo.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 21:02

Home away from home
Many Aikido dojos actually operate on a non profit system. Malaysian Aikido Association only charged RM10 a month for students for 30 days training and here in Wellington I only pay NZD5 per session.

The payment is just to keep the place running. And many Senseis are usually busy people who have their jobs but teach in their spare time. Thats why it has to be class by class basis because not many people actually teach Aikido full time

Posted on: 2008/8/13 6:48

Home away from home
From Kuching, Malaysia
But in here is really pretty expensive, RM 8.33 per class is really costly to me..

Posted on: 2008/8/13 12:26

Just popping in
Quote:

webbie wrote:
i always wish there is some sort of real DOJO here in Kuching.
not class based. but more on the student's enthusiasm on learning. Dojo is always open to whoever comes. flexible. pay a certain fee, comes as you like.

well thats Japan for you

well webbie, you are allowed to come to practice anytime you please as long as the dojo is open. The instructors are doing this during their free time. They teach after their work. You pay every time you come.

Posted on: 2008/8/13 22:09

Just popping in
Quote:

Chris88 wrote:
But in here is really pretty expensive, RM 8.33 per class is really costly to me..

If it is just too much for you, you can try Hikmah Dojo located at Satok, somewhere near the sunday market (not really sure). I'm not sure how much is the fees though

Posted on: 2008/8/13 22:10

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

aikidoka wrote:

well webbie, you are allowed to come to practice anytime you please as long as the dojo is open. The instructors are doing this during their free time. They teach after their work. You pay every time you come.

I would be interested if I were 10 years younger. but now.. can't take much of those bruising and impact anymore. ahah

Posted on: 2008/8/13 23:01

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.