New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: Malaysia Finally!!! allows Lavigne concert !!!
Home away from home
From Kuchingite
first say "no", now become "yes". i guess they can't resist Avril too, just that in public they cannot say it...

Posted on: 2008/8/25 11:56

Home away from home
From Kuching
Quote:

Resuree wrote:
first say "no", now become "yes". i guess they can't resist Avril too, just that in public they cannot say it...

That's because they can't afford to lose the tourism industry as the organiser told them they have sold more than thousands of tickets.

I can understand Malaysia banned Ben Stiller's Zoolander in 2001 because the movie portray a Malaysian PM as a Chinese and it contains the assassination scene of the Malaysian PM. Or even banned the movies like Brokeback Mountain (Gay contents) and Babe(due to the fact that a Pig as a main character). But I couldn't understand why on earth they banned movies like Daredevil or Munich... that's kinda silly.

There's a definite contradiction in Malaysia's art and cultures. If we were to to emulate others, we need to improve ourselves and not to overprotect the conservative cultures which might hail the civilisation and improvement of our nations.

First, they said kissing and hand-holdings in public is wrong. Then, Taib stated that Kuching's Waterfront's expansion is a perfect in conjunction of the views of seeing couples holding hands while strolling along the park. I'm so confused with the contradiction now...

Posted on: 2008/8/25 12:25

Home away from home
From Kedah
Quote:

mike86 wrote:

First, they said kissing and hand-holdings in public is wrong. Then, Taib stated that Kuching's Waterfront's expansion is a perfect in conjunction of the views of seeing couples holding hands while strolling along the park. I'm so confused with the contradiction now...

hehe, could be couple here means 'husband and wife', 'grandma and grandpa' (Malaysians)..

Posted on: 2008/8/25 12:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Terra
It's just Avril Lavigne...an idol of teenage girls.

Lord White Hair and the Federals show the two extremes we have in the country. Lord White Hair in his speeches acknowledges that we have to be liberal, not too conservative, that the world out there is open and that public displays of affection is okay. The Federals on the other hand have become extra conservative, ultra-puritan, see openess as filth and decry any show of sexual suggestiveness.

Malaysia was never this conservative, never this restrictive. Watch the old black and white movies and you see holding hands and public display of affections. Watch 'Malaysian' movies now and you always see the specific glorification of one group and one creed. The Federals and those in positions have been particularly affected and influenced by outside ideals and conservatism from one particular region.

And all things considered, some see Ms Lavigne as an idol, and putting a cockroach into your mouth for $100 might send a particular message...

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:13

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

mike86 wrote:

.... But I couldn't understand why on earth they banned movies like Daredevil or Munich... that's kinda silly...

They even change hellboy to SUPER SAPIAN ... wtf?

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:41

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Kch
M'sia has got a joke of a censorship board.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:22
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

Fuyu wrote:
M'sia has got a joke of a censorship board.

Yeah... haha the hellboy thing reminds me of
Budak Neraka ! hahaha!

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:27

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
From Terra
The word 'hell' is 'offensive' apparently. Daredevil, to quote them, has 'too much violence.' Munich depicted the suffering of the Jewish athletes and Palestinian terrorist atrocities during the Munich Olympic Games.

If you think this is ludacris, remember how it was just last year, or somewhere then, when they banned the Iban version of the Christian bible just because they used the term 'allah' for God. The censorship board try to promote the ideals they so love.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:52

Home away from home
From Kuching
Jesicca Alba's The Sleeping Dictionary which was filmed in Kuching, Sarawak was also banned. If they were to ban the film, why would they allow them to film here?

List of Movies being banned by Malaysia

Posted on: 2008/8/25 14:56

Home away from home
From Kuching
I remember I watched the trailer of Malaysian I'm Not Single. So much of enforcing the proximity rules and yet this film has somehow contradicted the rule again.

That's the reason why all these rules seem to be ridiculous like they just wish to make some news on the front page, like showing they are doing something to protect the arts and cultures. I'm hoping they could put down all those gibberish and mouthful talk and really concentrate on the goods of the people and country.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:01

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]