tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Catscity Outings - what says you?
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
How many of you are actually IN Kuching at the moment. or

When are you going to be back in Kuching ?

Posted on: 2008/8/26 14:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
i'll be at kuching on 5-Sept. till 8-Sept. Avoid flying during 9-11.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 14:57

Home away from home
From Terra
I'm out at the moment but would be back around the same time Resuree is.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 14:58

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Interesting .... I'll go for a photography and food / chalet treat but i have no leave at all... how? lol...

Posted on: 2008/8/26 15:52

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

Home away from home
Not in Kuching till the year end haha..during xmas time then i wil be back. So count me out if its coming in the near time.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 16:09

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
wa seems like those who replied immediately are people who not in kuching. This may suggest that people working in kuching cannot surf net during working hours. .

Posted on: 2008/8/26 16:19

Home away from home
From Kch
Well, the idea of having outings in between the annual gatherings is to give chance for ppl to meet up, if they can't attend the official annual gatherings. Outings don't have to be the whole forum attending.. specific ones like hobby-related might just involved 5-10 ppl (which is a good number to start any outing).

It also depends on whether you're actually in town on a particular date of outing and/or if you're able to arrange something into your existing schedule. Let's say if you miss one outing, you can still attend the next one (although the purpose/type might be different).

Another forum that I go to (non-local one) has got very successful outings everytime they're organized. Successful as in actually happening with a minimum of 5 persons attending. It's not always the same person organizing. Maybe a group of ppl in the forum enjoys bowling, so they organize bowling + limteh session. Maybe there's a new eatery in town where some members wanna try out, so they organize an outing for that. They had a good turnout for a recent volunteer park clean-up.. 21 persons and after that they went makan as a treat to themselves. And even now they're planning something for a Halloween party at a member's house.

Of coz, if we're meeting everyone for the first time, it's better to meet somewhere public. Not to say we don't trust each other, but it's better ice-breaking to do it at a neutral ground.

Just my 2cents here.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 16:45
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Terra
So, an informal meet-up somewhere? Perhaps members in other parts of the world can hold their own editions elsewhere, like a Catscity Meet: Melbourne, or Catscity Meet: Singapore. Meet-up for food and drinks as ice-breaking, away from letters and avatars would be nice.

Well, maybe Catscity members in Kuching are too flooded with work to surf the net during office hours...

Posted on: 2008/8/26 16:55

Home away from home
From Kch
In a forum of 2091 members (to-date)... I think it's safe to say only abt 30 (possibly less) are active members..? And out of that... would you say abt half are actually based in Kch?

That's our limitation for outings.. Numbers. Not in the sense of number of participants.. but the numbers of members who would actually be interested to go for outings. Because out of those active members there MAY BE some who are reluctant to reveal themselves.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 17:00
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Terra
The previous gathering managed to bring in healthy numbers; so maybe an informal one should be able to nab at least half of that, provided we make allowance for members, free time and scheduling.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 17:02

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]