From Kch
Ok.. erm, some suggestions here.

Gamelan (halal) - Indonesian

Lyn's Thandoori (halal) - North Indian

Aroma Cafe (halal) - local native and Malay

Tomoe - Japanese

Fork & Knife - Western/fusion

Bella Italia - Italian

Silhouette, tHe Spring - Italian?Western?

Other than first 3 eateries, I have no idea if the others are halal or not. Need to call them to check, but as most of them open for dinner (and not at this hour), will hv to check later.

And... if everyone can't agree on anything... LET'S JUST GO TO MCDONALD'S! (Actually, that would be fun. McFlurry's~~!)

I VOTE FOR MCD!

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:02
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2008.09.06 Meetup
Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:

Fuyu wrote:
Gamelan (halal) - Indonesian
Lyn's Thandoori (halal) - North Indian
Aroma Cafe (halal) - local native and Malay
Tomoe - Japanese
Fork & Knife - Western/fusion
Bella Italia - Italian
Silhouette, tHe Spring - Italian?Western?
MCDONALD'S! (Actually, that would be fun. McFlurry's~~!)
i'm ok with all the place though the Thandoori would be interesting.
ya, i vote for MCDONALD's (located near the heart of Cats city).

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:28

Just can't stay away
I'm always up for a buffet :P

However I can't say no to ice cream either :P Though I prefer the normal McD cones, hehe. Is there any special event in Spring that weekend? Actually nvm looking it up now...ah it's the weekend of the cat show Should prove interesting, plus iirc since it's the first sat of the month the mall is opened till midnight right? Though I doubt there's that much around to stay that long, heh.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:33

Home away from home
From Kch
Oh ya, first Sat of the month means late-nite at Spring.. Hmm. Would anyone be so kind as to check out Silhouette, in terms of halal-ness () and price? We could do a review of the place! haha.. but also taking a risk, since nobody knows if it's good or not. Haha.. Can just imagine.. 'First mini outing, the food sucks!' Oops. xP

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:38
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Kch
Anyway, some factors to consider when choosing the venue:

1. Room for noise and rowdiness and phototaking (Hotel restaurants would seem a bit too formal and proper..)

2. DESSERTS / finger food (So that after the main course you can still hang out and chitchat, maybe wif some desserts or snacks - esp for those who will have food elsewhr before, like Mocha)

3. WiFi - is this important? I dunno.

4. Others

I might have to cross out Tomoe and Fork & Knife for their lack of desserts n snacks. Or rather.. the NON-EXISTENCE of them..

Personally, I am slanting towards either McDonald's or Silhouette @ tHe Spring.

Anyway, open for discussion lah!

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:51

Just can't stay away
I believe all food at the spring is halal, at the very least the food court, I'm guessing that goes for the whole mall. where is this Silhouette place? Can't say I've seen it yet. Must be hidden away in some corner of the mall?

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:51

Home away from home
From Kch
Quote:

kksyong wrote:
I believe all food at the spring is halal, at the very least the food court, I'm guessing that goes for the whole mall. where is this Silhouette place? Can't say I've seen it yet. Must be hidden away in some corner of the mall?

It's out at the front. Next to Food & Tea. Black-ish design.. looks kinda cool.

Food & Tea not halal ler.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:54

Just can't stay away
Quote:

Fuyu wrote:

1. Room for noise and rowdiness and phototaking (Hotel restaurants would seem a bit too formal and proper..)

Not been to a meet before, are you guys normally rowdy? :P I find hotels to be generally quite forgiving on formality, I'm just as comfortable walking about in flipflops and shorts unless it's some special occasion.

Must say I do agree over the whole dessert thing...so...any known places around kuching that's well known for it's desserts or cakes? That said having it near the golden triangle area, everything is pretty much walking distance, I'm guessing parking will be a pain though. Hmm...how about topspot for a seafood dinner? We can then walk down to McD for ice cream. nothing like a nice stroll after a meal :)

Or if som are too lazy to walk, spring would be the best bet with both dinner options and desserts. I noticed sugarbun there does waffle and ice cream so would give me a chance to give that a go

Posted on: 2008/8/28 16:59

Just can't stay away
Quote:

Fuyu wrote:
It's out at the front. Next to Food & Tea. Black-ish design.. looks kinda cool.

Food & Tea not halal ler.

Ah, not realyl walked around the front section, I just generally get my groceries, a quick visit to MPH and back home. Considering I go there almost on a weekly basis I really should check it out. Hmm...perhaps over some waffle and ice cream this evening...

Posted on: 2008/8/28 17:02

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 23 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.