tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Talks on suspended AirAsia flights from Kuching
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp ... st/2200642&sec=southneast

KUCHING: Sarawak’s Tourism Minister Datuk Michael Manyin will meet AirAsia Bhd group chief executive Datuk Tony Fernandes to discuss reinstatement of the Kuching-Bali and Kuching€“Macau flights.

Manyin, who expects tough talks with Fernandez, said that AirAsia suspended the routes due to low passenger load.

“They have asked us to assure that passenger load would be 60% to 70% if we want the routes to be reinstated.

“How can we give the assurance? We were given only two months to market the Kuching-Bali route introduced in May and suspended in August,” he said.

The Kuching-Macau flight will be suspended on Oct 26.

Manyin proposed that AirAsia not fly directly but have a stopover on the return flights of both routes.

He said that AirAsia could use smaller aircraft on the return flights.

“The outbound flights do not pose problems. However, the return flights have low passenger load,” he said.

Meanwhile, Manyin said the state was unlikely to achieve its target of four million tourist arrivals this year due to global economic turmoil.

“People may just decide to stay at home,” he said. - Bernama

Posted on: 2008/10/8 11:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Talks on suspended AirAsia flights from Kuching
Home away from home
From Terra
Making a guarantee like that in such a short time period is impossible. Some hotels have to go through negative in the first few financial periods before turning out a profit. 60% to 70% load factor is not that easy.

Then again, all things considered; leisure travel was bound to suffer some setbacks this year. Better the removal of non-essentials than the removal or even downgrading of Kuching-KL/Singapore. That would be a disaster.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 13:09

Home away from home
Hopefully the talk bear fruits NOT a waste of time or talk C o CK!

Posted on: 2008/10/8 13:10

Home away from home
From Terra
We have to be realistic; this isn't really the best of times for people to go about flying for holidays. There will be talks, but perhaps at best, it would be a 'suspension' like Singapore Airlines back in the early noughts than a full on 'cancellation.' Some people are too worried about rising inflation and consumer prices than be worried about where to holiday next.

If the flights become charter flights, that would be a different story altogether, but if Kuching were to sustain 60-70% load factor in this economically volatile time, it would be quite the miracle.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 13:20

Home away from home
From Kuching
Mr. A: AirAsia has decided to suspend KCH - Bali and KCH - MFM flights, what a shame!

Mr. B: What? What a shame that I didn't even know AirAsia ever offered such flights before.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 14:03

Home away from home
From sarawak
haha..we'll c who didnt do its home work.either stb @ AK. however, stb concetrate more on western tourist especially from europe compare to china, taiwan and japan. they should try to dind solution for it.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 14:27

Home away from home
I have just received a bad news from Air Asia. My flight to Macau scheduled for next week and its returning flights has been CANCELED.

I AM VERY UPSET with AA's decision because it came so late...I have just made hotel bookings in Macau, China and Hongkong, all with credit card guarantee with penalty for cancellation. My return tickets from Pontianak to Kuching have just been paid this morning. Now I have to cancel them all and bear the penalty. The really upsetting part is, if they have inform me a few days earlier I would have save myself some penalty charges for the hotel and air tickets.

And the unfair part is, they gave me two options:

1. Fare reimbursement in credit shell for future bookings (valid for 3 months)

OR

2. Reroute guests from Macau to Kuala Lumpur* (LCC Terminal) on the nearest
available flight
* Please note that no extra cost will be charged for rerouting of flights to/from Macau via Kuala Lumpur
from/to Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu or Kuching

Why do I say UNFAIR options?

For option number 1, I was given a window of only 3 months to use the reimbursement, otherwise my hardearn money is no more and AA will have an extra income.

The fair thing should be that AA reimburse consumers for fare paid, because it can not keep up to its end of the agreement. I have missed AA's flight before and I lost my rights for a reimbursement because of my mistake. I never complained, but it doesn't mean AA can take things for granted and treated it the same in this case.

Option number 2 on the other hand is unfair to me because it means I have to fork-up an additional cost of Kuching to KL's flight. A possible additional income to AA, while I will have a longer travelling route of PNK-KCH-KUL-MFM-CAN (Final Destination). Why would I do that? wouldn't it be better if I just go PNK-CGK-CAN and save me some detour.

And the coward part is they send email that can not be replied (it bounced back when I did that) and put a telephone number that can not be contacted.

I would rather not pay the penalties for hotel bookings and ticket refund, as well as possibility of not being able to fulfill either options. Nonetheless, I have prepare myself for that possibility. But I tell you, if that happens AA will not only loose a customer, it will loose a hard earned reputation.

Low cost means you are allow to provide a bare basic service and get away with it, it doesn't mean that you can break your end of the agreement (the agreement to provide that basic service on a certain date to a certain destination and back) and get away with this.

If this is how they do things, sooner or later consumer will leave them behind.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 15:30

Home away from home
OMG...what happened to Air Asia...I received this email:

Dear XXX,

We’re sorry, you’ve been misinformed.

Please ignore the previous email in regards to the flight cancellation. The misinformation was caused by an error that has occurred in our systems. We assure you that your flight is valid unless advised otherwise in the near future. If you need to verify the status of your flight, please contact our Call Centre.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Call Centre Details
Operating Hours: 8 am – 9 pm
Telephone numbers: 03 - 8775 4000
Hunting line: 03 - 8660 4554

Thank you.

Best Regards,
AirAsia

Posted on: 2008/10/8 17:38

Home away from home
You mean...it is NOT CANCELLED?? That is so weird...I hope things work out fine for you...AK can be very crazy sometimes!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/8 22:14

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
@Downsouth : Wow, you've gone through those frustrations. I understand your feelings. And yeah, why not PNK-CGK-CAN? I mean it save your hassle. Or perhaps it's far too expensive than PNK-KCH-MFM? Maybe I'll suggest Airasia to have LIVE CHAT 24/7. BY then you can reach their customer service directly via web browser....

Posted on: 2008/10/8 22:38

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.