tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Problem with Incoming SMSes
Home away from home
From Kch
OK. So I have this problem for the past couple of days. All of my incoming SMSes are delayed by at least few hours to the next day. When I try to access my "Inbox", it refuses to load.. so in order to proceed I hv to cancel the option to return to the previous menu/screen. In other words, my "Inbox" seems to hang.

The problem is resolved once I reset my phone (switched off and on). Then as my phone starts, I'd get all the delayed SMSes. I'm able to reply them the first round. HOWEVER, as I leave my phone there, and come back to it again in few minutes' time to access my "Inbox" (to check if there's any reply to my replies), the same thing happens. Hang. Reset again, and then I got an incoming SMS.

Anyone hv any diagnosis for this? Is it a problem with my line or is it a prob with my phone? All other functions are working normally except for my SMS. Incoming calls are ok, too.

Kindly advise. Thanks~

Oh yea, I'm using a Motorola E398, if that makes any difference to the diagnosis. I never ever encountered such a prob with my old Nokia phone.

Posted on: 2008/10/15 20:01
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Problem with Incoming SMSes
Home away from home
Could be some network congestion ( I guess). My handphone under vodafone always has the same problem here in NZ. I have to send out an SMS and I will receive all the backlogged sms immedeately

Posted on: 2008/10/15 20:23

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
time to get the C902

Posted on: 2008/10/15 20:29

Home away from home
From Terra
One of my friends has the problem. She uses a Maxis line and she gets her SMSes at least 2 hours after people have sent it. Chances are it could be congestion. I have yet to experience this. Call the service provider and inquire what the problem is.

Posted on: 2008/10/15 20:55

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Is it like from Maxis to Digi? if different freq carrier there may be some time lag.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 2:17

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
last time my friend was on vodafone UK, and his sms arrived 365 day later hahaha!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/16 10:04

Home away from home
From Kch
Quote:

gerald wrote:
last time my friend was on vodafone UK, and his sms arrived 365 day later hahaha!!!

Wahhh lao... that's crazy!

What if it had been one very important msg in one's life?? :X

Posted on: 2008/10/16 10:21
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. A world in which all cats are queens and kings of creation. - The Sandman #18, Neil Gaiman

Home away from home
From Kuching, Sarawak
hehe no it was those strange moments, where his friend ask him to go out for tea, the msg arrive 1 year later and unknowingly my friend called the friend and said he was bz or something.. and both of them got baffled HAHAHAA funniest thing ever!

Posted on: 2008/10/16 11:05

Home away from home
From kuching~~places where pretty girls are..
mine even stupid..yesterday some weirdo called me saying my number called his hp... weird i didnt at all he said the message just arrive yesterday saying my number call him..maybe i did call him but it wasnt yesterday ..cos he is the guy who sprayed my car i did called him two weeks ago but he never answered..sheeshh wad a freak he ngea ngea say i call him yesterday three times summore heh..there must be sumthing wrong wif the lines nowaday...

Posted on: 2008/10/16 12:25

Home away from home
From Kch
Hmmmm it seems like it's back to normal today. I guess it wasn't my phone that's got prob. *phew~* ~_~;;

Posted on: 2008/10/16 13:40

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]