Main Menu
New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Which brand of skin care prodcuts is the best choice?
Just popping in
From kuching
I believe that everyone thinks that they are using the best skin care products currently. But which is the best choice for our skin?

Posted on: 2008/11/23 19:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Which brand of skin care prodcuts is the best choice?
Home away from home
i thought each and every person have different opinion and different skin for example(facial product). Some people just only use normal soap, or some even a normal brand skin care for example ginvera? where it can be purchase at guardian or normal supermarket. I tried avon before, its good at whitening my skin but not nourishes my skin. Still have the dry face problem den recently change to TheFaceShop(QUICK&CLEAN). Medium pricey, but i bet some product are good while some are undenialble undefined. After i use, still my skin feels oilier, and its not tat dry and its soft. Well, got quite some pores, so wanna try its pore minizer toner and emulsion soon. But most friends and people i know, does said that clinique are GOOD and execellent. I might try it sooner or later but not now...still too expensive for me.

Posted on: 2008/11/23 20:10

Home away from home
From kuching~~places where pretty girls are..
clinelle product might be expensive BUT its very good..i see lots of improvement in my skin since i use clinelle products..alot of people says its the best.but i think it depends on a person's skin rite? clinique oso very good like wad bern says.

Posted on: 2008/11/23 21:48

Just popping in
any comment on The Body Shop products?

Posted on: 2008/11/24 20:18

Home away from home
From kuching~~places where pretty girls are..
body shop is nice oso..not expensive and best of all veryyyy wangiii hehe..especially the rose wan..

Posted on: 2008/11/24 21:52

Just popping in
From kuching
U guys are quite rite but how much content of the alcohol u know for each brands of the skin care products? Is it worth it if the cost is low but content alcohol that hurts our skin?

Posted on: 2008/11/24 22:17

Just can't stay away
From London UK
They are all very similar. Just look at the ingredients list and you will see that the majority of ingredients are common to most brands.

Most skin care products will typically be an emulsion of water and oil with added silicones, waxes and other ingredients. Some of the oldest brands such as Nivea, Oil of Olay and Vaseline are still popular today as they are basic but work well. Most creams do not contain alcohol.

Also many products on the market are made by the same companies - just because it is a branded product does not mean that it was actually made by the company! In fact, there are many factories in Thailand, for example, manufacturing for Body Shop, Boots, etc.

The fact is that everyone's skin is different and if you find a product that works well for you, then great. Just don't be influenced by fancy packaging or labels.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 6:13

Just popping in
From kuching
i don really agree what u have just mentioned. Of course it is important we can "see" the result but without knowing how it actually harms our skin is really dangerous. In my opinion, the quality of the products is really important, which it relates to the brand name. I don't mean all the branded skin care products are good. It just when they have the branded skin care products they must have fulfilled all the required standards of skin care products.

Posted on: 2008/11/26 17:08

Just can't stay away
From London UK
It is indeed true that branded products will have been evaluated thoroughly and of course all cosmetic ingredients have to be tested (on animals usually) first before they are considered safe to use. However everyone's individual skin will react differently to a substance.

Take a shampoo for example - a good cleaner is Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate but it can be very harsh and despite having passed all safety tests it is an irritant on many people's skin.

Therefore despite whatever brand you use, expensive or cheap, you still need to try it out individually.

Posted on: 2008/11/26 20:40

Just popping in
From kuching
Then which brand r u using currently? Is that effective to u?

Posted on: 2008/11/27 21:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]