New Members
Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Any suggestion of a 'MUST GO' when ppl visit kuching? or any 'MUST TRY' nice food at kch?
Just popping in
my frens is coming visit kch soon...so i need some suggestion where to bring them go walk around..and where the best place to eat...hehe

Posted on: 2008/12/9 17:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Any suggestion of a 'MUST GO' when ppl visit kuching? or any 'MUST TRY' nice food at kch?
Not too shy to talk
restoran pelita at 7th mile.it has over 200 dishes-indian and western food.all the food are under RM20.the place is air-conditioned.very nice interior.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 18:26

Re: Any suggestion of a 'MUST GO' when ppl visit kuching? or any 'MUST TRY' nice food at kch?
Home away from home
From Kuchingite
must try kolo mee & laksa.

Posted on: 2008/12/9 20:20

Home away from home
From Terra
Kolo mee, pork sate and laksa along Carpenter Street, especially at the little cafe in front of the temple right behind the General Post Office. Quaint, small and safe to assume all the visitors I bring there love the stuff on offer.

Oh, and don't forget the siew mai at the 'Open Air' market in front of Electra House; and even the Malay stalls across the river from the Waterfront at Kampung Gersik (right spelling?).

Posted on: 2008/12/9 23:21

Home away from home
Hi there...one of my favourite comfort food is Kueh Chap, now that it is kinda rainy and cold at night...a bowl of hot, soupy and herbal-ly kueh chap is all I need!!

This is at Poh Kong Park, turn right just before Exxon Gas Station, there is a row of shop (a tuition centre at the corner), just behind the shops are some stalls.

I know you want some....the sambal/chilli sauce is very nice...
Open in new window

The second stall sells Kolo Mee and Fried Stuff, if you are willing to wait, you can order Deep frie Kiaw in Tomato Sauce...It's called "Kio Chap Kiaw"...worth the wait...hahahaha!
Open in new window

The place is closed on Saturday nights....btw...its only open at night....

Don't forget...TopSpot Seafood...Tek Tang (Ambal), Orr Chien, and Midin is a must....

Posted on: 2008/12/10 14:25

Home away from home
From sarawak
Angel08, ive this great itinerary tat usually make people love kuching so much. ive been using this itinerary for 9 groups since 2005 ..and the best memory tat i have is when my friend from kk with his just married wife come here last august saying kuching is absolutely a place not like in msia...here the itinerary:

1st day arrive (around 130pm) - i bring them directly to the museum,park behind it and some craft shopping..tat evening we have a beautiful dinner at sarawak river cruise..a 2hours cruise at beautiful sarawak river

2nd day - visit SCV & enjoying the cultural show. Return from SCV heading to the cat museum..Evening heading to taman kereta having some excellent sea food and local cuisine

3rd day - heading to Borneo highland until mid afternoon and next to jong crocodile farm..When spring havent open last time, the day is over after the whole day trip (free and easy). But once the spring open late last year, i used to bring them for some modern shopping at the spring

4th day - usually the day ends here. free and easy (this is the time u bring them to enjoy some laksa or kolo mee at open air market) then heading back to the airport.

* for those comin during weekends, my 2day trip will be fill in by visiting serikin..

Posted on: 2008/12/10 17:15

Just popping in
thanks...do anyone can recommend which seafood stall at topspot is more delicious and price is consider ok one?

Posted on: 2008/12/10 17:22

Home away from home
Wow kiko...great minds think alike...hahaha...good itinerary...same here...and I usually add Friendship Park and a detour to our famous Pustaka Negeri Sarawak for the infamous glass stairs...you know only in Kuching we have glass stairs? Hahaha...will be hosting a Malay family of 6 this coming 21st from Singapore....

Posted on: 2008/12/10 20:23

Edited by kealchg on 2008/12/10 20:41:28

Home away from home
From sarawak
Quote:

angel08 wrote:
thanks...do anyone can recommend which seafood stall at topspot is more delicious and price is consider ok one?

i think all are the same..more or less..u can also bring them to hornbill steamboat.it nice too with only RM18 per head unlimited..

thanks kealchg..friendship park and pustaka is great too. it just that heading to pustaka means we usually find for books..

btw angel08, if ur friends staying at golden triangle, i advice u to bring them on foot to the museum so that they can feel the whole environment strolling along kuching old street.there are a lot of museum nearby the main museum u can visit and this include the chines museum at waterfront and textile museum next to old court building..

Posted on: 2008/12/11 9:09

Home away from home
From Singapore - Kuching
Quote:

angel08 wrote:

I think Pending Seafood is a better place to be. And the price? Hmmm..... average la..

Posted on: 2008/12/11 12:14

Weddings | Pre-Weddings @ Halycube.
Bloggie @ Halyconstudio.

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.