tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Another Traffic Light in front of Tun Jugah Building NEEDED
Home away from home
People,

I am sure u all would agree with me that there is not enough traffic light in front of Tun Jugah building. even when i stop my car in front of the traffic light, i have difficulty to see the lights and had to stretch my neck and strain my eyes to see the traffic light post.

The city council should install another set as it is one of the busiest road in the city centre but no one made any complaint and nothing was done.

If i am in kuching, i would petition you all for signatures to get the council to fix another traffic light there.

dory1316

Posted on: 2009/2/13 15:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Another Traffic Light in front of Tun Jugah Building NEEDED
Home away from home
From Kitty City
Whereabout in Tun Jugah? The pedestrian crossing traffic light?

Posted on: 2009/2/13 17:11

Home away from home
yes.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 23:04

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
I was thinking they should remove the silly traffic light pedestrian crossing. Its already jamming the street in such short distance from the traffic light at former holiday inn.

and furthermore some people usually park by the side of the road infront of sarawak plaza causing more jams as the road become more narrrow.

They should remove it and build a sky bridge or something. Its dangerous for the pedestrians.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 8:07

Home away from home
i agree. maybe they can connect tun jugah to sarawak plaza directly like midvalley to the gardens.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 10:32

Home away from home
From Terra
I agree with a skybridge proposal. It works in Sydney, with shops sometimes inside the bridge, it works with MidValley and The Gardens, it works in Venice since the 17th Century, and it works in Hong Kong.

Though, while a good idea as it is to have pedestrian crossings up in the sky, both managements of buildings have to agree. Not sure how SEDC and Tun Jugah managements would agree to this.

And as per Webbie, those drivers who park at the side of the road are causing havoc, and no amount of traffic lights or skybridges can stop it. Perhaps a proper RM300 summons, enforcement and stricter traffic courts can curtail this.

Get rid of the traffic light there as it gives drivers a headache, replace it with at least a proper pedestrian bridge, and fine those illegal parkers with something they would never forget.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 13:40

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

Mocha wrote:

And as per Webbie, those drivers who park at the side of the road are causing havoc, and no amount of traffic lights or skybridges can stop it. Perhaps a proper RM300 summons, enforcement and stricter traffic courts can curtail this.

Get rid of the traffic light there as it gives drivers a headache, replace it with at least a proper pedestrian bridge, and fine those illegal parkers with something they would never forget.

Thats the silliness of enforcement allocation. police can spin around the airport playing cat and mouse with the cars waiting at the airport yellow line for 5 seconds. they spin around the airport wasting car fuels for hours.

and while the REALLY congestion place like the sarawak plaza area, they don't bother to do anything.

Posted on: 2009/2/14 14:49

Home away from home
that is a lot of constructive ideas there but a skybridge is too expensive to build with tax payer's money. the volume of people is not enough to justify it. even if you build sky bridge, people would still dash across the road as they are too lazy to climb stairs.

I think , if the authorities could just fix another traffic light , it should be ok. did u notice that most busy road have a few traffic lights to direct u but this road only has only 2 traffic lights if i remember correctly. (one on right and one of left). There should be another set higher up so that drivers can see from afar.

Can anyone tell me why do kuching folks like to park their car in between 2 parking lots with just 1 car and deprived others of space?

Posted on: 2009/2/14 17:11

Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Quote:

dory1316 wrote:
that is a lot of constructive ideas there but a skybridge is too expensive to build with tax payer's money. the volume of people is not enough to justify it. even if you build sky bridge, people would still dash across the road as they are too lazy to climb stairs.

I think , if the authorities could just fix another traffic light , it should be ok. did u notice that most busy road have a few traffic lights to direct u but this road only has only 2 traffic lights if i remember correctly. (one on right and one of left). There should be another set higher up so that drivers can see from afar.

Can anyone tell me why do kuching folks like to park their car in between 2 parking lots with just 1 car and deprived others of space?

It has nothing to do with tax payers. its what Sarawak plaza and Tun Jugah should consider invest on. building a bridge among the 2 buildings. Its an investment. Public will move around shopping centers with all the retails and shopping stuff as they go.

From a common public perspective like me, If i go Sarawak plaza, I only go there. I don't bother crossing the busy road waiting for traffic light under the hot sun to Tun Jugah. I park at Sarawak plaza and will leave after that.

IF there happens to be a sky bridge, I would just cross over to check things out. Cause im still in my comfort zone. INDOORS.

This benefits both cause it works both way. Sky bridge is not a one way direction. It increases the amount time spend on shopping centers.

This is the same as KL Sungei Wang and BB Plaza. enter Sarawak plaza and exit from BB Plaza or the other way round.

If you're talking about those pedestrian bridge. then its different. I wouldn't bother to use it either. If its tax payers, we paid so much. building a bridge there only uses up a puny amount of the fund allocated for sarawak. (considering the huge mega projects we have currently).

Posted on: 2009/2/14 22:14

Quite a regular
From Kuching
i agree with dory1316. another sets of traffic light is needed around that area. not only that, but also considering installing the new L.E.D type traffic lights. the jkr ppl or govt should consider replacing all the old traffic lights (bulb) with the new traffic lights (L.E.D). brighter, clearer and consumes energy. apart from that, another new traffic light systems should be install at jln keretapi (the junction entering to sky garden/swee joo park (lrg sg maong ulu 3). this junction always traffic jam and most cars turning to this lorong or u-turn back to jalan keretapi...

Posted on: 2009/2/15 17:39

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.