KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Another Traffic Light in front of Tun Jugah Building NEEDED
Home away from home
i can draft a letter requesting City Council to consider installing another traffic light there. If we can get at least 100 people to sign the petition, i am sure the authorities will sit up and listen.

We can do it 2 ways. If to prove the power of internet, we can send a forward email to people in kuching and get them to put in their name but i think a better way would be to draft a physical letter and get people to sign.

Any volunteers? or will it be a all talk no action?

any of you know the Mayor of City Council?

cheers!

Posted on: 2009/2/15 18:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
I've always felt that Kuching has waaay too many traffic lights about though, though if I've read this post correctly, dory is implying additional lights to the existing light. Can't say I've had any problems int he area, and if I do end up driving too close, I can always view the pedestrian's light rather than the lights facing the cars, heh. :P

One thing that really annoys the hell of out of me in Kuching though, bad drivers and parkers! I find it extremely ironic that people parking on yellow lines/pavements are far less likely to get a ticket than those parking in an actual car park space! Just goes to show how useless our local traffic police are. In an ideal scenario where fines are given out I'm certain the government would be making a hell of a lot of money off these fines which can then recycled back into the system to improve roads/hire more traffic police etc.

As for the airport, don't even get me started on the stupidity of the airport pick up system :P What agreat system they have! Jam all the pickups to the narror outer lane which effective becomes a 1 lane road due to cars parking on either side and leave the HUGE WIDE 4 lane inner lane completely clear....Malaysian Ingenuity at it's best!

Posted on: 2009/2/15 18:24

Home away from home

WHAT ANNOYS ME THE MOST ABOUT KUCHING DRIVERS IS THAT THEY WOULD BE DRIVING ONE CAR AND TAKING 2 PARKING SPACE.

THEY WILL PARK THEIR CAR IN BTW 2 PARKING LOTS.

if u are reading this, i hope u are not in the category. if u are, pleeeaaaseee consider other drivers too.

The driver ranges from professionals wearing tie to man in the street.

If u are in KL, u will get your car scratched in no time.

If you are in Singapore, u will get a summon ticket .

so..... please retain what i said here and change.....

cheers!

Posted on: 2009/2/15 18:31

Home away from home
From Terra
Quote:

kksyong wrote:
One thing that really annoys the hell of out of me in Kuching though, bad drivers and parkers! I find it extremely ironic that people parking on yellow lines/pavements are far less likely to get a ticket than those parking in an actual car park space! Just goes to show how useless our local traffic police are. In an ideal scenario where fines are given out I'm certain the government would be making a hell of a lot of money off these fines which can then recycled back into the system to improve roads/hire more traffic police etc.

Indeed, I haven't had a problem whenever I try to view the traffic lights at this intersection, but at this particular junction, the double parkers and yellow-line offenders are the ones, among others, who would cause more of a jam there, and incidentally, block one's view, or attempt to find the traffic lights.

The parking spaces are run by the city council and that Kuching City Parking Systems company; hence as it is a revenue for the city, it is well enforced. So, perhaps, instead of passing the 'yellow-line' offenders under the traffic police's jurisdictions, we might as well place it under city council. Whenever it comes to city revenue and parking space, Kuching is mysteriously quite efficient in execution.

I can see the street in front of Sarawak Plaza and Tun Jugah easily becoming a cash cow for MBKS. However, most pedestrian traffic lights come in pairs, rarely in triplets. I doubt if city council would add one more to complement the existing pair.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 19:02

Home away from home

hi,

pedestrian traffic lights come in pair but for motorists, there are usually extra traffic lights installed facing the driver at a higher level.

i always wonder why there is none at this intersection as it is the most congested there.

whether another one will be installed or not depends on whether u go and complain.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 22:19

Quite a regular
From Kuching
there's also another area that need traffic light systems is at stutong roundabout. almost everyday after office hours, sure traffic jam...long queue stretching from the bridge/petronas/new srb chung hua no2 to the roundabout until the road heading towards BDC/Airport Flyover. what they should consider is to get rid of the roundabout and install the traffic light. til' now still traffic jam along stutong roundabout and the jkr/govt didnt even care about removing the roundabout and then make into the traffic light junction. thus, this can make that area become less traffic jam. stupid and useless jkr ppl/govt :P

in fact, the whole stretch of jalan stutong (BDC) should be expanded into dual carriage (4 lanes) 'coz the main reason of traffic jam or slow traffic is due to the vehicles turning right into the housing area. very annoying and wasting time, somemore very hard to overtake the vehicles.

do u agree with this statement? need feedback from u all. cheers ;)

Posted on: 2009/2/16 22:41

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.