Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Who think Wisma Saberkas need restructure and re design?
Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
For place like saberkas, i think its kinda old and outdated... do u think so?

Posted on: 2009/4/15 10:59

Edited by webbie on 2009/4/15 12:29:05

Re: Who think Wisma Saberkas need restructure and re design???
Home away from home
From Kitty City
It's like Sungei Wang, you can make it better by simply have more quality shops (and of course, food selections).

Posted on: 2009/4/15 12:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Who think Wisma Saberkas need restructure and re design?
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
It is old, like any other old historical buildings in kuching.

and that what makes it unique can't be bothered much about it.

i'll look at new buildings instead.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 12:30

Home away from home
From Terra
I remember the last redesign they did was early 2000-ish, where they simply fixed the porte cochere/main entrance with the new porch.

But the building retains its own charm, and upgrading it, while it may keep up with the times, would just make it loose it. Like Maozi said, you can upgrade places like Sungai Wang or BB Plaza, but deep down, between the glitz and glamour of Starhill and Pavilion, people still flock to the old malls because it feels 'approachable' instead of the constant need for a credit card in the newer ones.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 14:58

Home away from home
From Kuching
The building management should seriously consider improving the ventilation/air-conditioning system of the building as it is stuffy when they are a lot of people shopping in there.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 16:47

Home away from home
not only the inside is outdated, the outside is in a very desperate need to be renovated. not to include nguikee... i think the glory time for nguikee has wayyyy passed. thinsgs that are sold there are not relevant anymore.

but of of topic (still related) Grand Marghertia Hotel building from the outside now is very very ugly looking. a lot of reddish moss growing like it's part of the building. desperate need for paint job

Posted on: 2009/4/15 17:21

Home away from home
IMO both ideas are okay thats either to maintain the old-fashion exterior or renovate the external facade, probably giving the building sorta like glassy facade which is quite costly for a building as big as saberkas.but, the interior should be given more attention i think because it look old and deteriorating.a fresher interior could help to uplift the image of the shopping mall.at least like sarawak plaza(?).

grand continental hotel's color is disgusting. those brown/maroon and orange paint should be replaced with a more classy color.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 17:49

Home away from home
I happened to know the man behind Saberkas management. As far as I know, they are having some serious problem with having to manage the big complex with very limited budget. My news may be quite out of date, but if things hasn't change, they only managed to install water treatment some 10 years after it was first open. Previously, the foul water would flow directly into the drain untreated.

They faced problem with maintenance budget. Since they don't collect car park, their only income is from the service charge which they charge the owner of those shoplots. Most owners let their shoplot on a lease. Most tenants are reluctant to fork out extra on rent to cover the extra on services. So, the owners revoke to prevent a hike in service charge incurred on them. And they have to struggle with small budget. Their preliminary sum that they showed me really frighten me on how much electricty the complex draw on just light bulbs alone.

I asked him how he managed to survive on such a small budget. He told me they have always been struggling with small budget and will continue to do so.

I think it will be quite hard to imagine they will give a good facelift giving the circumstances. Unless the tenants won't mind an increase in their rental to give Saberkas a good update.

Posted on: 2009/4/16 3:40

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
hurm, guess Wisma Saberkas era will go away, same fate like Kuching Plaza...

Posted on: 2009/4/16 13:39

Home away from home
From Terra
Doubt it. It would not really go away. People still flock there, if not for the computer and electronics selection. Otherwise, the JKR offices and others upstairs would make it 'relatively' lively.

Kuching Plaza had no draw to it in the first place, whereas Saberkas has the electronics to draw people in. It would lose its luster, but like all malls which we have gotten used to and frequent, it would still be there in the landscape, like Sungai Wang and BB Plaza.

Off-topic: Grand Continental has a really bad colour, it is sadly an eyesore on what is otherwise a decent building. And SEDC, please, you have rebranded the Grand Margherita. Please apply a fresh coat of paint to make people consider the former Holiday Inn Kuching. Saw green moss on the 'Sarawak River' facade of the building. Disgusting. My green and azaz's red moss on a building, urgh, disgraceful for a GLC.

Back on topic: Though I agree that it could do with some refurbishment. The 'bubble lifts' are seriously passe. The floor tiling and lighting could do with some improvement, and the parking, oh dear, ventilation, please.

Posted on: 2009/4/16 22:54

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]