Isaac97 2012/9/4
KOPIKAU 2012/9/3
tansl 2012/6/27
tjee0512 2012/3/29
teresaong 2012/3/24
Sponsored 2

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Who think Wisma Saberkas need restructure and re design?
Home away from home
From Kuchingite
somehow i manage to drop by saberkas every now & then. mainly because of the free parking & security feeling. hate going up the parking ramp though... price of things still cheap, customer service same as elsewhere. many shady characters 7 fighting still??? I'm sure these people would prefer going to Spring/ Boulevard so... less crowdy in Saberkas may not be a bad thing after all.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 18:52

Home away from home
From Kitty City
More *quality* food outlets would be fine.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 17:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just popping in
From Kuching
I really support the remake over of both interior and exterior appearance of Sarberkas but seeing what stormpike mentioned on the budget, it seems really hard. But most important in Sarberkas is the flooring, roofing and ventilation> Actually that is almost everything, Haha. A charge on the car park may put some earning into it.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 20:19

Home away from home
From Kota Samarahan
Quote:

Mocha wrote:
Doubt it. It would not really go away. People still flock there, if not for the computer and electronics selection. Otherwise, the JKR offices and others upstairs would make it 'relatively' lively.

Kuching Plaza had no draw to it in the first place, whereas Saberkas has the electronics to draw people in. It would lose its luster, but like all malls which we have gotten used to and frequent, it would still be there in the landscape, like Sungai Wang and BB Plaza.

Off-topic: Grand Continental has a really bad colour, it is sadly an eyesore on what is otherwise a decent building. And SEDC, please, you have rebranded the Grand Margherita. Please apply a fresh coat of paint to make people consider the former Holiday Inn Kuching. Saw green moss on the 'Sarawak River' facade of the building. Disgusting. My green and azaz's red moss on a building, urgh, disgraceful for a GLC.

Back on topic: Though I agree that it could do with some refurbishment. The 'bubble lifts' are seriously passe. The floor tiling and lighting could do with some improvement, and the parking, oh dear, ventilation, please.

We have One TJ to replace Wisma Saberkas.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 14:16

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
in terms of locality, One TJ is still developing. While Saberkas has already matured... unless they do like the fish market and everything move to stutong...

Posted on: 2009/4/21 0:47

Just can't stay away
What I can't understand about W Serberkas is how so many different little shops can survive, while all selling the same brands of phone at the same prices?

What's the point?

W.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 0:23

Home away from home
Competition is good for consumers. Just like Imbi Plaza in KL. So many computer stores selling the same product, but they all managed to survive.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 14:50

Home away from home
From Kuchingite
Quote:

Wiggles wrote: What I can't understand about W Serberkas is how so many different little shops can survive, while all selling the same brands of phone at the same prices? What's the point?W.
if you have experience you can get cheaper price amongst the different little shops. the same price is just the suggested retail price.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 17:19

Home away from home
From Terra
Imbi Plaza is derelict, almost like a den for the 'unmentionables,' I'm assuming you're referring to Low Yat Plaza, Stormpike?

But yes, how does the place survive? Competition from tiny stalls selling the same thing, with tiny price differences but offering certain advantages and after-sales. Perhaps that's how it survives. A glass-encased marble-tiled complex, while appealing, might make it seem like an expensive place to shop. This little piece of the 80s just has a certain je ne sais quoi about it.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 22:55

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]