Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dungeons and Dragons
Just popping in
sorry...it's 7 pm. typo

Posted on: 2009/4/29 15:19

Not too shy to talk
The basic setting is one of my own making, following none of the established settings. I do this because it allows me to use all of the books and rules without feeling too bad about myself :). The setting itself is standard fantasy fare but with a bit of steampunk thrown in.

I first thought of setting the adventure at level 1 but I think I would rather set it 4. 4 is a good milestone and your character gets a bunch of neat toys to experiment with. I also get to use stronger monsters to playtest :).

In 4th edition as well prestige classes don't really exist. They are called Paragon Paths. The general way it works is actually rather simple. Levels 1-10 is known as the Heroic tier, levels 11-20 is the Paragon tier and levels 21-30 is known as the Epic tier.

Paragon paths function something like Prestige classes in 3.5 in that the give your character more options then their base class would but you can only choose one Paragon path. The same follows for Epic destinies. As such, Paragon paths and Epic destinies play a much smaller role in 4th then Prestige classes do in 3.5. This, however is not a bad thing as the base class comes with enough options to make one's head spin :).

Posted on: 2009/4/29 19:54

Not too shy to talk
As for what books and rules are being allowed, I am allowing all of the 4th edition books released so far by Wizards of the Coast. Anything that is third party(not released by Wizards) is subject to my approval. Certain feats, items and powers can also be found in recent Dragon magazines(a magazine ran by Wizards as a sort of supplementary to the main game). If you would like to use something from Dragon, show me the appropriate ruling of the article so I can be clear on what said feat, item or power does.
To avoid confusion on what books Wizards have released thus far, here's the current list(to my knowledge).

Player's Handbook
Player's Handbook 2
Dungeon's Master Guide
Martial Power
Adventurer's Vault
Manual of the Planes
Monster Manual
Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook
Arcane Power(not scanned yet unfortunately)

If you know of any other book that Wizards has released for 4th edition do let me know so I can add it to the list :)

Posted on: 2009/4/29 20:00

Just can't stay away
whew, I'm just glad I dont have to know much about all this as a player :P

Bing 101, 7pm. Got it! will be there sharp :) (I've never been one for malaysian timing)

Posted on: 2009/4/30 1:58

Not too shy to talk
Haha, Dming can get a bit crazy but once you break it down to its constituent parts, DMing is pretty easy not to mention a whole lot of fun. Which reminds me, its all nice and well that we have a place and time to meet... but how are we going to recognize each other? The thought just occurred to me; I've never seen any of you guys before >.>

Hmmm, I'll definitely be there by 7 and I should be easy to pick out of the crowd: shoulderlength black hair, glasses and if I am sitting down, I'll have a black Sony Vaio laptop out. That should work. Also, how many of us will be showing up? Right now I count me, Vaist and kk. Vaist, are any of your dormant kaki going to be showing up?

Posted on: 2009/4/30 2:28

Just popping in
I have 2 kaki. One, I have not contacted him yet, the other....well, he works evening so he won't be able to attend.

Of the books above, yeah I have them all plus...Draconomicon 1 (on chromatic dragons) and Open Grave (Secrets of the Undead), Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. dats the ones u missed.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 8:14

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Sounds like fun >_<

I don't have any of the books, all I use as references are the SRD from D20.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 10:40

Not too shy to talk
I'll definitely take a look into those books Vaist, thanks :). so we have 3 confirmed going and one not quite sure? Alright. Which reminds me, Mao, what's your schedule like usually so we can take that into account when planning for when the game happens?

Is there a SRD for 4e at the moment? I don't know about that one but if you need, I can give you all the books you need.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 16:48

Home away from home
From Kitty City
Can't afford the books, too expensive

My time is petty, so well, you guys go ahead and I'll definitely join and be an apprentice (for DM mainly) if I can make it

Posted on: 2009/4/30 17:09

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.