Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Fresh proposal for SGH multi-level car park in 10MP
Just can't stay away
From Kuching
Fresh proposal for SGH multi-level car park in 10MP
By Lim How Pim

http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=54575

KUCHING: The Health Ministry will make a fresh proposal to build a multi-level car park for Sarawak General Hospital (SGH) under the 10th Malaysia Plan from 2011-2015.

In a reply in parliament last month, the ministry admitted that the proposed multi-level car park under the 9MP for the general hospital here had to be put off due to limited development funds.

“The ministry is aware of the shortage of parking lots not only at SGH but also other general hospitals throughout the nation.

“For SGH, a multi-level car park together with a low risk birth centre was proposed under the 9MP. However, following limited allocation, this project has to be postponed and will be proposed again under 10MP,” it said, as revealed by Bandar Kuching MP Chong Chieng Jen at a press conference here yesterday.

The Health Ministry, Chong said, also came up with an alternative solution, which is to privatise the car park management for SGH like that of Kuala Lumpur General Hospital.

“The welfare of the people in not only Kuching but the whole Sarawak is compromised because of the lack of funding. Even staff members of SGH are facing the shortage of car park,” he said.

The Sarawak Democratic Action Party (DAP) secretary said it was unreasonable for the management of SGH to clamp vehicles, which owners did not park at designated parking bay.

“Nobody wants to go to hospital except staff; people are forced to go to general hospital. The problem is that the government cannot provide sufficient car park and people are becoming the victims.

“Hospital-goers want to park properly but there is not enough car park. Now the hospital uses the clamp measure, it is very unfair to the public who are already the victims and now, further victimised,” he said.

On an unrelated development, Chong said he had again sent a letter to the Kuching Port Authority (KPA) to seek an answer from its general manager Liew Mui Fong on the reasons why two newly bought cranes were still not operational.

“I faxed the first letter to KPA on May 29 to question why the two new cranes purchased from Singapore December last year are still not in operation.

“As Madam Liew was on leave for Gawai Holiday when I sent the first letter, I have faxed a second letter to her today (yesterday) because shipping agents want to know what has gone wrong,” he said.

Chong said he hoped that KPA would be transparent in its administrative decision as well as provide an explanation as to why the two new cranes were still not operational.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 17:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fresh proposal for SGH multi-level car park in 10MP
Home away from home
another false hope? SGH needs more wards & ICUs too, not just carparks.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 19:43

Home away from home
From Kuching
aya, its been talking about it for ages, i go there like every week, dint see anything improve only the building. Rumous, state election coming soon ma..

Posted on: 2009/7/10 22:02

Home away from home
Lack of car parks is just the tip of the problem. the other problem is lack of beds and qualified health personnel in Sarawak, and sorry, majority of nursing graduates from local nursing colleges just have no skill and no brain

Posted on: 2009/7/11 7:37

Home away from home
From kuciang
most of the nurses there very fierce,eh? - some are just like their boyfriends just jilted them,some're just like their hubbies just slapped them,some're just like they just lost in their 4ds...etc...,agreed with me?

Posted on: 2009/7/14 11:02

Just can't stay away
What!, U go SGH every week? I hope you are not going there to see doctor

Posted on: 2009/7/14 12:35

Just can't stay away
What you guys think about the service/doctors/nurses at SGH? A friend of mine who work at a hospital in London and according to him that most nurses in London are not allowed to do venepuncture, set up IV or to give IV medicine which really surprise me. I always thinks these jobs are done by nurses.

And Luminoth, please be careful with your statement because some forum members/visitors are working as a nurse and they might be offended by ur statement.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 12:48

Home away from home
Yes they can give iv fluids/meds and do lines, but most of them choose not to do so unless specifically trained for long periods such as ED nurses or short stay unit nurses. But overseas, majority of venupunctures are done by phlebotomists or doctors and setting up IV's are nearly exclusively done by docs as well.

I would be careful with my statement if it was false, but I have seen how incompetent they are when my sister was admitted for a month and also first hand experience with nurses with multiple different wards in SGH.
Ok not all are incompetent, but generally the standard now has fallen far from where it was before. Simply because there are too many nursing students/graduates at the moment and lax entry requirements.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 12:59

Just popping in
From Kuching
I agree with u. Last time when my aunty is admitted i have the worse experience with nurses there. Everyday we need to go there to clean up the sutured wound. It is bad enough to have no place to park the car and always ended under the tree outside after rounds of turning around. Then meeting them to have them staring at u as if u owe them a million ringgit. Keep scolding and nagging for nothing we have done.

I know its hard in this medical field and I am stepping into it as well. Don treat us like they are more superior and please do improve on their attitudes and skills. I do not mean all but obviously the quality is dropping tremendously.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 15:42

Home away from home
From kuching~~places where pretty girls are..
i was at sgh last week as i gave birth to my second child..i realise some of the nurses depend on their mood they ok or crazy type..but do far they treat me nicely nn was really frenly to me..but one think,when i was already sent up to the maternity ward,there was this girl was in bad pain wanted to give birth ,the nurses still ask her to walk summore then i said she cant walk tehn the nurse turn to me n say "yaka?" and grab a wheel chair..its like they pilih kasih type..but the wards n labour room got aircond n PLASMA TV ..so much money the spend on all that..i think they need to upgrade the parking..the parking is terrible sometiem ppl doubkle park lagi hahahah..

Posted on: 2009/7/14 17:50

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]